Sunderland appoint Steve 'I bleed black and white' Bruce as new manager

cp40

I'm really not sure why Bruce always gets shown the plastic geordie card. He's always said he's proud of where he's from and didn't hide that fact in his press conference today. Yes he played for Man U and shown loyalty to his pay masters (as he will with the mackems) but he's a geordie. Being away for so long and playing elsewhere doesn't change that and nor will managing that lot down the road.

:thup:

Its not like he can just sit at home waiting for NUFC's phone call.

Agree with what someone else said earlier; the Makem fans will be the down fall of him.

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2009/06/03/open-for-business-alan-shearers-1-shop

Just in case you were thinking about the mackems "ah bless them, let them have their little moment in the sun" and forgot why you hate these twats (unlikely, admittedly) click the link above.

This was in The Sun today - I've got the pleasure of working with hilarious cockneys who inexplicably support Liverpool and he was only too keen to show it to me.  Even in their moment of relative 'glory' the mackems can't help but focus their attentions on us. 

And btw I'm well aware that taking one daft shop owner as representative of their fans is hypocritical given the way that I know we're unfairly generalised in the media but they just seem small-time it's ridiculous.  Can you imagine a similar stunt in Newcastle?  I'd like to think that there are sections of their support that cringe at this stuff but occassionally dropping in on one of their forums suggests not.

Guest northwestmag1892

Not quite sure why there is hilarity or piss take with this appointment. They're still in the Premiership, we aren't.

Steve Bruce is a proven manager that I am sure will stabilise the mackems. Whereas we have Big Al who is unproven. Stop making fools of yourselves lads.

Not quite sure why there is hilarity or piss take with this appointment. They're still in the Premiership, we aren't.

Steve Bruce is a proven manager that I am sure will stabilise the mackems. Whereas we have Big Al who is unproven. Stop making fools of yourselves lads.

Quite wrong.

We don't even have Shearer.

Guest northwestmag1892

Quite wrong.

We don't even have Shearer.

:sadnod:

Thats spot on. Bruce will most likely keep them in the premier league for a good few seasons which i guess is what they are looking for.

Has everyone heard the story about him, Lee Hendrie, his daughter, a made up story about someone trying to nick his car, and a black eye?

Start talking.

A couple of years ago, Bruce appeared with a tasty black eye.

When asked what had happened, he said he had stopped someone from nicking his motor from outside his flat in Solihull

What actually happened, although clearly I couldn't believe such a thing was true, was he'd taken umbrage to local orange, hobbit-like footballer and serial shagger Lee Hendrie getting to know his daughter quite so well, expressed said opinion to the little scrote, and found himself in a brawl with him, ending in the black eye.

Guest northwestmag1892

Has everyone heard the story about him, Lee Hendrie, his daughter, a made up story about someone trying to nick his car, and a black eye?

Start talking.

A couple of years ago, Bruce appeared with a tasty black eye.

When asked what had happened, he said he had stopped someone from nicking his motor from outside his flat in Solihull

What actually happened, although clearly I couldn't believe such a thing was true, was he'd taken umbrage to local orange, hobbit-like footballer and serial shagger Lee Hendrie getting to know his daughter quite so well, expressed said opinion to the little scrote, and found himself in a brawl with him, ending in the black eye.

Fascinating. Couldn't give a flying fuck what he's done in the past. The fact remains he is taking over a Premiership club, unlike ours, and I hope he fails spectacularly. Lets hope we get a manager who is capable of getting us back up as Bruce has proven himself capable.

Just because they're in the Premiership and we're not doesn't mean we can't laugh at them. They're still inbred hicks who live in a cesspit and always will be.

The day I feel inferior to them bumpkins is the day I pack in.

Just because they're in the Premiership and we're not doesn't mean we can't laugh at them. They're still inbred hicks who live in a cesspit and always will be.

That's more like it.

That's what football is about, hatred.

You may not(and indeed ARE not)inferior to them, but your football club certainly IS right now - AND for the foreseeable future - even Shearer said that 'they'd have their day ' after they gave him an award on his last game at SOS..

Sorry, but you are going to have to get used to it - I reckon that Bruce will do a decent, if unspectacular, job there, and until NUFC has new owners/manager AND stability, we will be second best..

What is worse is that the longer NUFC remains down, and the better the Mackems do, we will see youngsters in the NE begin to follow them as the default choice, just as they did with us when KK was here.

Its not pretty, but its what NUFC fans will have to live with for at least 2 years if not longer.

Heads out of the sand pls guys.....

Merlin, get a grip. Wow they have a manager, the city is still an utter shit tip, do people proclaim sunderland to be a centre for culture, no because their isn't any.

All Sunderland bashing aside, Bruce is a solid manager who has a very good track record with bringing in new talent.  He could do well at a bigger club where when he brings in talent, he doesn't have to sell them within six months.  Unfortunately, he will do well at Sunderland and they will be top10 next season.

Bruce is a far better option than Keane or Sbragia ever were.  Gets on very well with Wenger who pointed Palacios and Valencia in his direction.

I think Sunderland could do very well next season.

Didnt Jewel buy Valencia? wasnt Bruce anyways, He had a decent season with Wigan, got them 11 more points than us so not spectacular, dont see where he gets the tag of finding great new talent, apart from Palacios who he had at Birmingham and Wigan i cant think of any others, Figueroa was ok but he came from the same club as Palacios so hes got lucky there its not as if hes trawled the planet for them

He might do OK at Sunderland, but as has been said, as soon as they have a blip over 3-4 games they will turn on him, pretty much like our fans would.  It reminds me alot of Big Sam coming to us.