Steve Bruce plotting to become manager

Ketsbaia

a few decent transfers (bramble aside) but the rest of his "skills" are questionable.

Depending on his wages I wouldn't say Bramble was all that bad. I would take him here at the moment.

he didnt sign bramble, hutchings did

I would never trust him. He leaves every club he joins.

so have all our previous managers!

I think it's a bit short-sighted to think that Steve Bruce wouldn't take us forward. Good manager, i like his character, like his work in the transfer market and he's got a history of stabilising the clubs at team and manager level. That's what we need.

As for wanting a top class manager, etc etc - it's not going to happen. We're not worthy of one anyway tbh; the club has been nowhere near the top 6 in the last four years so has no divine right to have a definite top 6 manager. After we lost Souness, Roeder and Allardyce it was a case of "right, now we need a top class manager to take us to the next level, that's where we should be..."

Now though, nah. Steve Bruce is the standard of manager that's going to come here after the mess of what's happened. Call it unambitious if you want, but Bruce is a good manager and he'd do a very good job of 'steadying the ship', and i wouldn't bet against him taking us a step further if he were to settle in well.

He's a good version of Allardyce. Done very well at smaller clubs, but give him a big club and i bet he'd do well.

I think it's a bit short-sighted to think that Steve Bruce wouldn't take us forward. Good manager, i like his character, like his work in the transfer market and he's got a history of stabilising the clubs at team and manager level. That's what we need.

As for wanting a top class manager, etc etc - it's not going to happen. We're not worthy of one anyway tbh; the club has been nowhere near the top 6 in the last four years so has no divine right to have a definite top 6 manager. After we lost Souness, Roeder and Allardyce it was a case of "right, now we need a top class manager to take us to the next level, that's where we should be..."

Now though, nah. Steve Bruce is the standard of manager that's going to come here after the mess of what's happened. Call it unambitious if you want, but Bruce is a good manager and he'd do a very good job of 'steadying the ship', and i wouldn't bet against him taking us a step further if he were to settle in well.

He's a good version of Allardyce. Done very well at smaller clubs, but give him a big club and i bet he'd do well.

How is he a good version of Allardyce? He has achieved less and his football is almost as bad. We may aswell just keep JFK, and i really don't want that.

His football isn't like Allardyce imo.

I didn't say it's like Allardyce's, he plays a different formation. I would say it's almost as bad to watch. Bruce would be another Souness, and i would cry if we signed him. If a takeover happens we will be able to attract far better.

He was so in love with Newcastle, thats why he moved heaven and earth to play for them. Didn't he ????

About 3 times that I know of: as kid when at the boys club, leaving Gillingham for Norwich & before going to Man Utd from Norwich.

Care to tell me how many times Newcastle tried to get him?? Or shall we class every geordie footballer who never played

for The Toon as a plastic geordie?? Look at the teams SBR played for/managed before he came to us - is he a plastic geordie?

Fuc*ing grow up!!

No, just the ones who purport to be black and white to the core, but wouldnt play for us and never tried.

Sorry to tell you but Sir Bobby is from Langley Park Durham

He was so in love with Newcastle, thats why he moved heaven and earth to play for them. Didn't he ????

About 3 times that I know of: as kid when at the boys club, leaving Gillingham for Norwich & before going to Man Utd from Norwich.

Care to tell me how many times Newcastle tried to get him?? Or shall we class every geordie footballer who never played

for The Toon as a plastic geordie?? Look at the teams SBR played for/managed before he came to us - is he a plastic geordie?

Fuc*ing grow up!!

No, just the ones who purport to be black and white to the core, but wouldnt play for us and never tried.

Sorry to tell you but Sir Bobby is from Langley Park Durham

To be fair, depends what angle you look at it from.... (from Wiki)

When referring to the people, as opposed to the dialect, dictionary definitions of a Geordie typically refer to "a native or inhabitant of Newcastle upon Tyne, England, or its environs", an area that encompasses North Tyneside, Newcastle, South Tyneside and Gateshead. However, just as a Cockney is often colloquially defined as someone "born within the sound of the Bow bells", a Geordie can be defined as someone born "within spitting distance of the Tyne". Another interpretation is the mining areas of the North East of England.

Fuc*ing grow up!!

I think we had sniff on him leaving Gillingham &  looked at him when he played for the Boys Club but the person looking that year didnt spot him or his team mate Peter Andrew Beardsley MBE . I didn't call him a plastic geordie, so I cant answer that question.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has issued a scathing indictment of Mike Ashley's Newcastle folly by declaring Steve Bruce would not even consider moving to St James' Park until a takeover was completed.

Bruce, 47, is being championed for the Newcastle manager's position by no less than Sir Bobby Robson but Whelan is adamant he would not be interested in serving Ashley despite strong local connections.

"Steve won't come here and work with Mike Ashley," Whelan said. "There's no chance Steve would go near a club if it's not run the way he thinks it should be.

"Steve wants to work with a chairman who understands the game and does not expect too much, too soon. He wants respect and he will show you respect. He's great to work with."

Bruce's abilities were demonstrated by the way Wigan went about their work on Tyneside. Ryan Taylor put his side ahead early on before Emmerson Boyce was wrongly sent off. Newcastle's revival yielded Michael Owen and Obafemi Martins goals before Titus Bramble equalised.

"If someone could bring Newcastle silverware they'd go down in history as a God," Whelan added. "I hope it's not Steve Bruce because I get on so well with him but I know I have to face the fact that sometime he'll leave.

"He's so good, one of the big clubs will come for him. He's been linked with Newcastle in the past. He is from here. He loves Newcastle. There is no question about that. He's Newcastle through and through."

Ashley is trying to sell Newcastle and Whelan believes there can be no turning back for his rival sports retail tycoon following the resignation of Kevin Keegan in protest at transfers conducted above his head by the club's 'Cockney Mafia'.

"I spoke to him when the row started and I said 'Mike, just get your money back and step away'," Whelan added.

"He'll never repair the damage between himself and the fans. Because I know Mike, I said as soon as he can find a buyer he's gone.

"If Mike Ashley will sell it for the right money, he will sell it next week.

Now, is he being greedy? Yes."

TELEGRAPH

Sounds like Dave Whelan is offering our new owners Bruce. Was hardly a statement of "Keep your hands off you bastards"

Didnt think Whelan and Ashley got on either after a row between them over replica shirt price fixing or something like that

Whelan's comments about Ashley remind me of Gullit's about Shearer, every now and then they both come out with unprovoked digs that you know is down to them being bitter yet the other party doesn't even bother to reply.