Jose Enrique out for at least three weeks with hamstring injury

Guest BooBoo

Ok, just find it hard that someone who play in a defensive line that has let 3 goals past them in pretty much 3 shots can be brilliant, but ok.

possibly the same way a spurs fan would feel after signing bassong or we did after signing woodgate

I have seen keepers concede 5 and still put in an excellent performance, a defence is made up of 5 at the back and should have support from midfield so one player can still have an excellent game but it doesn't stop them being helpless if the rest completely fuck up.

I have seen keepers concede 5 and still put in an excellent performance, a defence is made up of 5 at the back and should have support from midfield so one player can still have an excellent game but it doesn't stop them being helpless if the rest completely f*** up.

it's something a lot of people don't understand. the good teams defend as a unit off 11 and attack as a unit of 11.

the attack bit may sound stupid but how often did you see schmeichel start an attack with good incisive distribution and if the defence has confidence in its keepers readfing of the game they are more likely to push on when attacking.

Ok, just find it hard that someone who play in a defensive line that has let 3 goals past them in pretty much 3 shots can be brilliant, but ok.

Given was man of the match against Liverpool and conceded 5.

Who else should you have given it to though?

And Jose's that Enrique didn't merit it tonight?

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Not-even-Jose-Mourinho-could-save-crazy-Newcastle-says-Jose-Enrique-article137345.html

Not even Jose Mourinho could save 'crazy' Newcastle, says Jose Enrique

Published 23:40 29/08/09 By Brian McNally

Toon star Jose Enrique has branded Newcastle United a “crazy club“ that not even Jose Mourinho could manage.

The Spanish defender insists that if the Magpies player exodus continues and suitable replacements aren’t found before Tuesday’s transfer deadline not even a manager of Mourinho’s immense talents could make a difference.

Enrique said:“I think all the senior players here say the same: we need some new players.

“I believe in Chris Hughton and have confidence in him. But Mourinho could come here and would have the same problem, we don’t have many players.”

Enrique insists that he wants out of the Championship, but is adamant that, despite the talent drain, he doesn’t want out of St. James’ Park.

Unlike some of the club’s departed stars, Enrique has pledged to stay and repay the fabulous loyalty of the Toon Army, almost 44,000 of whom packed into St. James’ for the last home game.

Now as he prepares for the Bank Holiday visit of Leicester there are suggestions that the gate could even go close to 50,000 after caretaker Hughton guided Newcastle to four successive wins.

Enrique added: “Things at the club were crazy here last season, but I have to think it’s not my problem.

“I just have to play, and play well. If all the team think like that and we sign some new players, we can get back to the Premier League.

“The support at Newcastle is unbelievable. The fans here are incredible, the best in England.

“Would a team in the Spanish Second Division get 44,000 fans for a game? No way.

“There is no chance of a team in the First Division in Spain getting 44,000, except Real Madrid and Barcelona.”

Enrique admits he left Villarreal to play Champions League football with international stars such as Michael Owen and Obafemi Martins and finds playing in the Championship a challenge he did not expect.

But he insists he has the stomach for a Championship promotion battle even if his Spanish-speaking friends Fabricio Coloccini, Jonas Gutierrez and Xisco are sold.

He revealed: “When I signed for Newcastle there were many famous names here - Michael Owen, Oba Martins and others.

“I thought I would be playing Champions League football here, now I play in the Championship. It’s strange!

“All the time I read in the papers that I will go here or there, but I’m happy here. I want to get this club back into the Premier League.

“I listen to talk about a lot of players coming and going but I want to stay no matter who leaves.”

Enrique has great faith in Hughton’s approach to the game and the caretaker has indicated that he has turned down job offers to try and win a permanent contract at Newcastle.

Hughton revealed: “I have had offers to go elsewhere. Certainly, there have been enquiries. But I haven’t been tempted one little bit, simply because of the position we’ve been in.

“Not at any stage have I thought about walking away. In the time I’ve been here, either as temporary manager or coach, there have been difficult times.

“The difficult times were that we were at the wrong end of the Premier League table, the problems with trying to sell the club.

“Certainly, for me to walk away from all that would have just added to the problems. Yes. I still fancy the job. I would be happy to be in control of this group of lads for as long a period as the club wanted me to be.”

:love:

Guest Heneage

He speaks his mind the ugly little shit but I love him. Good thing he's the best left back in this league by some way.

Apart from his ability, Enrique seems to have a great attitude - either that, or he should go into politics after football..! In fact, he is just saying it like it is - no club in Spain gets the support NUFC does apart from the Big Two ; no club in England does apart from the so-called Top 4 and even that is not as consistent apart from Man U.

No doubt in my mind that this boy could - and should - play at the top level and would be seen as an excellent LB in a better team ; he is already outstanding in this one and the fact that he is prepared to do the business after what must have been a terrible let-down shows that he has all the attributes to be a real success.

Even if he is sold, I won't change my mind about his ability and to be honest, he deserves to be taken to a better side far more than so-called established Internationals like Coloccini & Jonas.