Jose Enrique out for at least three weeks with hamstring injury

Guest BooBoo

Guest Alan Shearer 9

He was shite by his own standards the other night but he's been consistently good now for a long time, stemming from last season.

I don't see how, his concentration isn't bad and he rarely makes position errors. His lack of strength and pace is a problem but he appears to be adapting well and has definetly taken a more cynical approach in his first few championship games.

Of course people like you will never give him a chance, you'll have a go at him constantly at the game then argue that every goal we concede is his fault, it's pathetic. Stop listening to Lawrenson and actually watch him, if of course you agree that it's possible to defend well without last ditch tackles.

He played effectively every game last season and was arguably our worst player.. we judged Kinnear on the performances of 15-20 games why cant we be as critical with Colo?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

One of the things that killed us at Prem level was our squad's lack of off the ball movement, unfortunately he's one of our only squad members with good movement in his locker, especially going forward, although after last night's performance Nile Ranger looks to have this also. Unless Ranger is rediculously shit at finishing then I think he will become a top Championship level player at least.

One of the things that killed us at Prem level was our squad's lack of off the ball movement, unfortunately he's one of our only squad members with good movement in his locker, especially going forward, although after last night's performance Nile Ranger looks to have this also. Unless Ranger is rediculously s*** at finishing then I think he will become a top Championship level player at least.

I think the main thing that killed us was total lack of pace, but then with pace usually comes movement.

I don't see how, his concentration isn't bad and he rarely makes position errors. His lack of strength and pace is a problem but he appears to be adapting well and has definetly taken a more cynical approach in his first few championship games.

Of course people like you will never give him a chance, you'll have a go at him constantly at the game then argue that every goal we concede is his fault, it's pathetic. Stop listening to Lawrenson and actually watch him, if of course you agree that it's possible to defend well without last ditch tackles.

He played effectively every game last season and was arguably our worst player.. we judged Kinnear on the performances of 15-20 games why cant we be as critical with Colo?

I dont think he was anywhere near as bad as Butt, or several others who i could mention. This was Coloccini's first season in english football man. He had good games and bad games, and so far is doing well in the championship. Kinnear is 63 years old on the back of 3 decades as a football manager, there's no room for improvment there and his past record is basically abysmal.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I cant believe commentators dont mention/pick up on how quick he is

Some of our own fans don't realise tbf.

I reckon he is our quickest player, even Lennons acceleration didnt worry him too much. There was a moment in the match last night when he knocked it on the outside of the fullback and flew past him like he wasnt there. For pure acceleration i dont think we have anyone in the squad capable of matching him

Guest sicko2ndbest

If he could cross a ball he would be a real asset. He is quick and he looks pretty solid but his delivery is awful.

ameobi v reading

i would say his delivery is hit and miss. he can put in some corkers

Guest sicko2ndbest

If he could cross a ball he would be a real asset. He is quick and he looks pretty solid but his delivery is awful.

His crossing his inconsistent.

I wouldn't say awful. See his cross v Reading for a perfect example of what he's capable of.

touche :)

People are too harsh on his passing, it wasn't spectatular last night but it was no worse then anyone else in the team.

He just sets high standards with his tackling, strength, technique etc. so people seem to expect Beckham-esque passes.

People are too harsh on his passing, it wasn't spectatular last night but it was no worse then anyone else in the team.

He just sets high standards with his tackling, strength, technique etc. so people seem to expect Beckham-esque passes.

Nah not really. I expect him to get simple short passes right 75% of the time. Too much to ask?

Nah not really. I expect him to get simple short passes right 75% of the time. Too much to ask?

So you think he misplaces more than a quarter of his short passes?  :dowie:

Well slight exaggeration there but he does misplace worryingly many.

Well slight exaggeration there but he does misplace worryingly many.

You must really be watching a different match.  He misplaces a few but no where near as many as other players do.  A lot of time when his pass is "misplaced" as well is when he plays a short pass and the midfiedler/forward refuses to drop back to get the pass and it gets cut off - hardly his fault most of the time.  His vision is far better than most in the squad.