Jose Enrique out for at least three weeks with hamstring injury

Guest BooBoo

Adam Johnson is doing well in this league, but he was fairly poor in the Premiership when given the chance.

I thought people were on about the best player in this league though? He wasn't great by any means for Middlesbrough in the Premiership but most of his appearances were from the subs bench.

Enrique is strong and athletic, and in the Championship that's allowing him to dominate most opponents in attack and defence. His positioning and decision-making is still dodgy, but he's able to recover defensively at this level and we don't pay the penalty.

Guest Stephen927

Adam Johnson is doing well in this league, but he was fairly poor in the Premiership when given the chance.

I thought people were on about the best player in this league though? He wasn't great by any means for Middlesbrough in the Premiership but most of his appearances were from the subs bench.

Yeah thats what they were on about, I was just making a general comment. Fair enough to the lad if he's doing well in a lower league.

Enrique is strong and athletic, and in the Championship that's allowing him to dominate most opponents in attack and defence. His positioning and decision-making is still dodgy, but he's able to recover defensively at this level and we don't pay the penalty.

Agree with that. His decision making is his main weakness, his pace/strength & control normally sorts out the rest & its far above most else in this league. He's very confident in his own ability to, thats very easy to see. That chest back to Harper last night summed it up. He has a few things to work on, but hes still young...def premiership quality. Him and Staylor are the only players for me who look completely out of place in this league, like its all a training session for them.

I think we're lucky that nobody else seems to realise how good Enrique is.

You see it every week, teams seem to target him and wingers take him on, but he just gets ahead of them and gets the ball back easily. I still hear commentators and pundits saying he has been disappointing, it's mental.

I think we're lucky that nobody else seems to realise how good Enrique is.

You see it every week, teams seem to target him and wingers take him on, but he just gets ahead of them and gets the ball back easily. I still hear commentators and pundits saying he has been disappointing, it's mental.

Well they were praising him to the skies last night, but let's face it, he'll probably be sold in January.

Pretty difficult comparison considering they play in different positions?

If you think like that then you can't even have a world footballer of the year, cos Messi can't play at centre-back.  *awaits some La Liga fanboy to tell me he played centre-back for Barca Reserves and made one substitute appearanace there a couple of years ago and looked FUCKING AMAZING*.  I think of it in terms of which player is 'best at what they do'.

Ok, he gave the interview and - as you can expect - it was pretty par for the course. He dodged all the questions regarding him signing for some other club in January (said nobody made a formal offer for him in the summer), had praise for the fans, said he loves living in England, wants to bring the club back up, etc...

Best part is when he says that Viduka was his favorite player at Newcastle. He also said he thinks Bassong was the best defender in the team.