LOL at Lolro

Guest elbee909

Guest johnson293

Real question is, what does he have against us lol?

19 points better off in the real table ffs  :lol: 21 points above the relagation zone in the real table compared to 3 points on Lawrenson's table  :huff:

Didn't we hire him to be on our coaching staff as a defensive coach years ago and then sack him after the first day on the job because he was total shite?  ???

Don't know if it was his first day, but it didn't go well. Defensive coach FFS, imagine being coached by Lawro.

There's also an alleged pie throwing incident at one of the cup finals (98 or 99), I believe.

Some cheeky NUFC supporters allegedly lobbed a pie in his general direction, which landed right on his head.

As far as being defensive coach here - he was hired by Keegan after he (Lawro) repeatedly criticised our defense on MOTD, etc. Things never improved under his coaching, and he was actually let go by his former Liverpool teammate Kenny Dalglish when he took over. He obviously didn't rate him as a defensive coach.

Paul Merson back to his old ways. :lol:

Blackburn v Newcastle

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1

It was shocking to see Newcastle go out of the FA Cup. They are in a position in the league where they're not going to get in the Champions League, but they're not going to go down, so it was all set up for a cup run. They got smashed at Fulham last week and will find it hard against a fresh Blackburn side. The Newcastle players have had to travel back from Brighton and now must go to Blackburn and I think it will be too much for them.

How are Arsenal and Liverpool's Champions League chances looking now?

Glad to know the places have already been decided

:yao: Drunken cunt.

Seriously, what is it with Lawrenson and Wolves?

It actually makes no sense :lol:

Would he not have played with McCarthy for Ireland at some point in the 80s? If so he's probably big pals with him, because there's certainly no other explanation. Wolves in 8th with 36 points from 23 games for Christs sake!

Guess that would make sense. Yeah, there really isn't any other explanation!

Blackburn v Newcastle

It was shocking to see Newcastle go out of the FA Cup. They are in a position in the league where they're not going to get in the Champions League, but they're not going to go down, so it was all set up for a cup run. They got smashed at Fulham last week and will find it hard against a fresh Blackburn side. The Newcastle players have had to travel back from Brighton and now must go to Blackburn and I think it will be too much for them.

It would be so funny if we got it. :lol:

Predictions Score Lawro – 3 PTS Kurt Angle – 4 PTS

Aston Villa v QPR 2-2 2-1 (0) 0-0  (1)

Blackburn v Newcastle 0-2 1-1 (0) 1-0 (0)

Bolton v Arsenal 0-0 0-2 (0) 1-3 (0)

Everton v Man City 1-0 0-2 (0) 0-3 (0)

Fulham v West Brom 1-1 2-1 (0) 3-1 (0)

Man Utd v Stoke 2-0 3-0 (1) 3-0 (1)

Sunderland v Norwich 2-0 2-1 (1) 0-1 (0)

Swansea v Chelsea 1-1 1-2 (0) 1-2 (0)

Tottenham v Wigan 3-1 2-0 (1) 4-1 (1)

Wolves v Liverpool 0-3 1-1 (0) 2-3 (1)

Kurt Angle, who picked teams based upon how cool their name sounded, outscores Lawro this week.

The problem isn't really that he does predictions and gets them wrong, it's the fact he basically just tells us who the bookies favourites are week on week. I bet you could count on one hand the amount of times this season that he's predicted Man United or Man City to drop points. What's the point? His Wolves obsession is a bit weird mind, that much is true. I can't believe he picked Swansea to lose against Chelsea, I thought that had home win written all over it and still can't believe they fluked a point.

Blackburn v Newcastle

The fact he even deems it relevant means he's admitting we might get there, he just doesn't want us to.

Newcastle v Aston Villa

Alan Pardew's men come into this game on the back of an excellent - if fortunate - win over Blackburn. Tim Krul was excellent in that game, producing a string of fine saves, not least from David Dunn's penalty. You do wonder whether some of the big guns will be looking at the Dutch keeper in the summer.

The Geordie faithful will be looking forward to seeing their new Senegalese striker, Papiss Demba Cisse, making his debut. He and his fellow countryman Demba Ba are both back from Africa now, and will look to fire Newcastle towards a strong finish to the season. Europe is not out of the question for them.

As for Villa, they are showing signs of improvement after a difficult first half of the season. They can count themselves unlucky for not winning against QPR in midweek, given the amount of chances they created. Darren Bent is back on the scoresheet, and Stephen Ireland is returning to form too.

I can see Alex McLeish's team getting something here. I think that despite Newcastle's result midweek, they are going to miss Yohan Cabaye's midfield guile.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Guest Haris Vuckic

''You do wonder whether some of the big guns will be looking at the Dutch keeper in the summer''

Can't resist having a dig, what a prick.

Real question is, what does he have against us lol?

19 points better off in the real table ffs  :lol: 21 points above the relagation zone in the real table compared to 3 points on Lawrenson's table  :huff:

Didn't we hire him to be on our coaching staff as a defensive coach years ago and then sack him after the first day on the job because he was total s****?  ???

I also think someone threw a pastry based product in his face during one of our trips to the old Wembley

I think there is a bigger story at Aston Villa than their results under their manager Alex McLeish.

The only players they signed in January were Robbie Keane on loan and a young full-back called Enda Stevens. It appears it is all about profit and loss and the balance sheet at Villa Park, with chairman Randy Lerner saying 'we cannot spend more than we earn, end of'.

Consequently, you look at Villa and you see a mid-table side. People say they are a big club, but they're not. They were a big club but they aren't anymore, just like you could say Liverpool are not as big as they were. Those are the facts.

As for the game, Newcastle will have Demba Ba and Papiss Demba Cisse back from the Africa Cup of Nations, which will be another boost for them.

Wednesday's win at Blackburn was a really important one for them. The Magpies didn't play well, and at times they were out-played but they still nicked an away win in the Premier League. I'm told that Fabricio Coloccini has been great as a captain, not just as a player, and they have got a great spirit in their squad. Well, they showed it at Ewood Park.

I thought Newcastle's form would drop off in the New Year but they have proved me wrong and done marvellously by winning four of their last six league games. I have to back them here.

Prediction: 2-0