LOL at Lolro

Guest elbee909

Lawro writing in the mirror

Alan Pardew will not finish in the top six, let alone in the Champions League places.

Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool have all been tripping over themselves, while Newcastle have been riding the crest of a wave.

Pardew deserves great credit for getting Newcastle into the position they are now and it has been a terrific season for them – especially having started the campaign with so many doubts.

The Magpies have a great spirit, Pardew has built on that and got them playing the right way; they’re competitive and very good when they have and haven’t got the ball.

Demba Ba has been the signing of the season, scoring goals, coming in on a free and is strong, powerful and a brilliant deal.

Papiss Cisse has been brought in to strengthen the forward line and he and Ba are reforming their ­international partnership for Senegal at club level.

Yohan Cabaye is also a great discovery, tapping into the superb scouting knowledge of Graham Carr, who has been invaluable to the club. Fabricio Coloccini also looks excellent and has been transformed by Pardew.

They have also ridden their luck on occasion. The game at QPR springs to mind and Newcastle were also fortunate at Ewood Park in midweek, as Blackburn should have got at least a point. But as Newcastle move up the league and expectations build, the challenge gets tougher.

They are now a scalp; teams will go to St James’ Park to shut up shop and stop them playing. That will mean Newcastle have to improve and find a way past teams who try to stop them.

The other thing with the Premier League is that it all changes so quickly. Chelsea have extra quality and, even though they are not playing well, they can come back.

Arsenal will also push hard for fourth while Liverpool have put themselves back in the mix.

In among that competition, Toon will find it increasingly hard and it is a huge challenge for Pardew.

But it’s hard to see Newcastle making the top six in that company, although we should not deride the job that Pardew has done.

However, the former West Ham manager now faces an even harder job going forward. He has done so well that Mike Ashley will expect more miracles on a shoestring. Will Pardew get more money next season to carry on the brilliant job he has started?

Newcastle have been a breath of fresh air for the Premier League, but the challenge begins here.

We are into the business end of the season and they will have their work cut out to stay in the mix.

Pardew has proved himself and proved a point to really come back and dispel any doubts about his managerial ability.

After disappointments at Charlton and Southampton in a colourful managerial career, Newcastle have been the club where he has showed that he’s a top-class Premier League boss.

Pardew showed brilliant signs at West Ham but has gone from strength to strength at Newcastle – even if, eventually, they may fall just short this season.

Andy Carroll is looking a decent player again because he has games and match fitness under his belt.

It’s good to see Carroll coming back into form and now gives Liverpool a much-needed dilemma as Luis Suarez returns.

Okay Mark, I get ya.

:facepalm:

Bitter as fuck!

Tottenham v Newcastle (1730 GMT)

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp will be in a bubbly mood. He walked free from court this week after being found not guilty of tax evasion and he is being talked about as the next England manager after Fabio Capello's resignation.

Will speculation about losing Redknapp put Tottenham off their stride? No. They have got some outstanding players, who will just keep going between now and the rest of the season. They would have done that anyway, but they might even put extra effort in now in order to try to persuade their manager to stay.

As I've said, I dont see a reason why Redknapp couldn't do both jobs, though. Being England manager is not a full-time occupation as far as I'm concerned.

This should be a cracking game because, with their front line, Newcastle are a test for any team. Demba Ba is back and Papiss Demba Cisse marked his Premier League debut with that wonder goal against Aston Villa.

The Magpies are still missing a few players of course, and it will be interesting to see how many chances they manage to fashion here.

But it is obvious there is belief and spirit in their squad and they are extremely well coached. I look at teams when they don't have the ball and when they are under pressure to see how they are set up, and Newcastle's organisation is exceptional.

Prediction: 2-0

Looking good, lads.. :shifty:

Tottenham v Newcastle

PAUL PREDICTS: 4-0

It wouldn't surprise me if Tottenham won this game 5-0, but Newcastle also have the belief and ability to come out of this with a draw. Newcastle could have been hammered at Blackburn and if they play like that at White Hart Lane they could get ripped apart - and I think Tottenham will hit top form, especially after the week Harry Redknapp's had. I don't want to take anything away from the amazing season Newcastle have had, though.

Merson.

4-0 for fuck sake :lol:

"It wouldn't surprise me if Tottenham won this game 5-0"

How many times have Spurs won by 4-5 goals this season like? Once against 9 man Liverpool? :lol:

Well, our first choice XI is on a level of a depleted, 9 man Liverpool tbf. [/Lolro]

'It wouldn't surprise me if Tottenham won this game 5-0, but Newcastle also have the belief and ability to come out of this with a draw.'

Prediction: 4-0.

:lol:

Some count to potato shit, right there.

4-0 for fuck sake :lol:

"It wouldn't surprise me if Tottenham won this game 5-0"

How many times have Spurs won by 4-5 goals this season like? Once against 9 man Liverpool? :lol:

Well, our first choice XI is on a level of a depleted, 9 man Liverpool tbf. [/Lolro]

Still a long way behind the mighty Wolves.