LOL at Lolro

Guest elbee909

Up against Clive Woodward this week (who reckons 1-1 in our game).

And here's Lawrenson's prediction:

Wigan v Newcastle

This is an interesting game because, with six wins on the bounce, Newcastle are undoubtedly the Premier League's form team.

They look like a Champions League side at the moment, and although their run has to end at some point....

Prediction: 1-2

Yeah, in 4 games time. :bluestar:

The prick is just trying to jump on the NUFC bandwagon now we're favourites for fourth so he can look the business.

Someone show him his first 24 predictions for us then punch him in the face with a lorry.

:thup:

Wigan v Newcastle

This is an interesting game because, with six wins on the bounce, Newcastle are undoubtedly the Premier League's form team.

They look like a Champions League side at the moment, and although their run has to end at some point, they have hit their stride at exactly the right time and they are playing like they think they can beat whoever they are up against.

The Magpies have benefited from being able to play their front three of Papiss Demba Cisse, Demba Ba and Hatem Ben Arfa in all six of those games, and you can see why Alan Pardew's men are playing with a swagger right now because they are creating stacks of chances.

They get goals from everywhere and, even if they are under a bit of pressure at the DW Stadium, they can break so quickly because those front three players are like lightning.

Wigan were on a really good run themselves until their defeat by Fulham last weekend but, because they have struggled for so much of the season, the suspicion with them is that slip-up might be the start of another poor run.

Oh dear.

I think Wolves relegation has sent him over the edge.  He's questioning and turning against his deepest held principles.  He'll predict liverpool to lose next.

Perhaps Wolves being relegated is Lawro's Ctrl Alt Del and restores him to a normal pundit.

Newcastle v Man City (1330 BST)

I really thought that Chelsea would beat Newcastle in midweek, but the reason they didn't was because of those two stunning goals by Papiss Demba Cisse. It is understandable why everyone is raving about Cisse's second goal because it was absolutely brilliant.

It was a great win for the Magpies but this is Manchester City we are talking about.

With only two games left, they know that if they win both games then they win the Premier League and I think they will go to Newcastle and win. Yes, of course it will be a difficult game but Newcastle need a win too so they are going to have to open up a little bit.

I just think City, at the moment, away from home have realised what they have to do to win games. I know it has taken them a while but the penny has dropped.

How will Roberto Mancini's men approach this game? Well, they will give ultimate respect to Newcastle and will see what they have got in the first half an hour before they start to turn the screw.

If they get good service to Sergio Aguero and Carlos Tevez, then I think that will be good enough to see City through.

I really thought that Chelsea would beat Newcastle in midweek, but the reason they didn't was because of those two stunning goals by Papiss Demba Cisse. It is understandable why everyone is raving about Cisse's second goal because it was absolutely brilliant.

It was a great win for the Magpies but this is Manchester City we are talking about.

With only two games left, they know that if they win both games then they win the Premier League and I think they will go to Newcastle and win. Yes, of course it will be a difficult game but Newcastle need a win too so they are going to have to open up a little bit.

I just think City, at the moment, away from home have realised what they have to do to win games. I know it has taken them a while but the penny has dropped.

How will Roberto Mancini's men approach this game? Well, they will give ultimate respect to Newcastle and will see what they have got in the first half an hour before they start to turn the screw.

If they get good service to Sergio Aguero and Carlos Tevez, then I think that will be good enough to see City through.

???

Isn't it also down to the fact that they didn't score a goal themselves?

???

Isn't it also down to the fact that they didn't score a goal themselves?

Exactly :lol:

The only reason they won was because they scored goals and didn 't concede any.

Cheers Lawro.

Roberto Mancini says this game will be harder than playing Man United at home - and I agree with him.

I don't think Man United have been playing great and, in my opinion, Newcastle have been in better form. And the fact they won at Stamford Bridge is a nightmare for Man City. I'm sure they thought they would go to Chelsea and lose and their season would be finished. All of a sudden they're right in the race for third.

So it is a harder game, but I also think Mancini is trying to take the pressure of his players by making everyone believe it's a hard game - but they'll be kicking themselves if they don't win the title from here.

The pressure hasn't been on Man City for the last few weeks, but now it's back in their hands. They mustn't think they can win this game in the first 10 minutes though; they need to be as patient as they were against Man United.

They've got to pick the same team that played against Man United too and not complicate it. Gareth Barry was outstanding in midfield and the four attacking players are always a threat.

Papiss Cisse and Demba Ba are going to be a handful; the two goals against Chelsea were out of nothing and the second one is up there with Marco van Basten's classic goal. But you have to remember they're playing against the best centre-half in the Premier League this season in Vincent Kompany.

Newcastle are doing great, but if Man City turn up with their A-Game there will be only one winner. If both teams play well then City will come out on top.

There are some away games in the Premier League where Man City could play badly and still pick up three points, but that won't be the case here. City need to handle the pressure and be on their game.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-2

He also predicted Man Utd to win 5-0 :lol:

one last time

Everton v Newcastle

This is an interesting one. Newcastle would be a big scalp for Everton and, if the Toffees win, they will finish seventh and above Liverpool.

The Magpies had the right approach in trying to keep things tight rather than attacking Manchester City last Sunday because, when teams have beaten City this season, that is how they played.

If you go and take City on, with the attacking players they have got, you are asking for trouble. So Newcastle boss Alan Pardew was correct to try and be a bit cuter than he might have been against a lesser side. It is just that City were the better team.

Newcastle will also be pushing hard for victory because they know they could still end up in the top four depending on how Tottenham and Arsenal do at the weekend, but I have a funny feeling this will end up as a draw.

It has been a good season for Everton but a very good one for Newcastle. I'd like to think they will be up at the top of the table next year too because we have seen that they have some very good players, and they shouldn't be far away even if they lose one or two.