The offers aren't enough

Dave

Maybe he's not desperate to sell like people are assuming.

That's fine, but then he should get on with running the club properly and make quality signings in January that will match his ambitions of bringing CL football to Newcastle. That was his aim at the start of the season after all.

You're sure going to learn the hard way

totally different situation anyway, one is a private individual with a vague statement about himself and another is ashley outlining alleged plans for his business and our club. pointless comparison.

not even sure what the point is anyway. it seems there's always someone who tries to excuse anything ashley has done or is doing by saying 'ooh keegan lied too!" or "but shepherd did it!". it;s like there's no justification using ashley himself and all people can do is try to deflect onto others.

When has Ashley lied? 

oh dear

Is it a question of Ashley's price is too high, or that the bidders are bidding too low? I don't think anybody here could answer that question unless they were directly involved with the deal tbh.

I don't expect him to sell at a loss.

It doesn't matter how much is offered, it'll alway be that he's asking too much.

If any sale doesn't go through, then yes.

He says he's desperate to get away. How desperate?

If he's desperate to sell he'll cover his losses or make a small profit and get the deal done. If he wants to keep the club he needs to start running it like a proper club and invest money.

On the other hand if he wants to keep the club and NOT invest, he is just bleeding the club dry and putting it's future at stake. That's really all there is to it.

Some thoughts on that:

Keeping the club and not investing runs a substantial risk that his asset gets relegated and is worth a fraction of what he paid. 

Has he now got the ready cash to fund the club? Since the debt repayment bombshell/poison pill just after he bought the club has he ever had the cash to fund it?

not all of them release 1500 word essays to the press telling everyone how they are selling up and how it isnt about money but about the safety of their family and the fact they are 'fans' who know when they arent welcome. let's for a minute think that baloney is actually true, then it would be disgraceful to try and profiteer from the situation, especially when the market is bad and everyone is taking financial hits. in that case, yes, he should man up and stop trying to profiteer from the situation.

However, as i said when he put the club up - Ashley won't be thinking about the club but about getting as much money as he can even if it is to our detriment, something a few people gave me stick over. The reason he appointed Harris was to see if he could get the large amount of money he wanted, quite simple. But he didnt appoint Harris to go for a quick sale for the reasons he said he did. And if he can't get the money he'll keep the club and run it as a business for a few years until the market is deemed more favourable.

How much was he wanting for the club?

is that the best you can do, to a straightforward and consice analysis that obviously isn't to your liking ..........

What is there to see?

Of course he can change his mind. The point is considering the severity of the two situations I find it much more unlikely than Keegan getting a job when he didn't see himself being offered one. In my opinion Ashley has burnt his bridges. Keegan did nothing of the sort.

Are you winding me up?

the comments by Rob Lee on TV the other week - "If Mike Ashley held his hands up, admitted he had got it all wrong, and made the correct decisions to prove it, fans would give him another chance"........maybe this is true. I would listen, personally. I admit I'd be very wary but thats because I've been wary of him for a long time.

We know the decisions we are talking about here. Sack Wise, and his other cahoots, re-appoint Keegan - or another manager we could have confidence in but more than anything else - BACK HIS MANAGER, ESPECIALLY TO UNDO THE DAMAGE AND TRY TO PUT THE TEAM ON THE WAY UPWARDS AGAIN. He's told a lot of porkies [as underlined by johnnypd] and has a lot of bridges, but its not impossible, it depends how he goes about it.

Do I expect it to happen ?

Do I bollocks.

Keep your petty arguing and poster-baiting out of this thread. Keep it on-topic or take it to PMs. Otherwise posts get deleted.

I agree with Johnny, and I think its a lame reply, out of his depth, and he knows it, and so do you.  I hope you take the same view of people who try to bait me, not that they do  :lol:

And I bet you don't.

What is there to see?

Of course he can change his mind. The point is considering the severity of the two situations I find it much more unlikely than Keegan getting a job when he didn't see himself being offered one. In my opinion Ashley has burnt his bridges. Keegan did nothing of the sort.

Are you winding me up?

the comments by Rob Lee on TV the other week - "If Mike Ashley held his hands up, admitted he had got it all wrong, and made the correct decisions to prove it, fans would give him another chance"........maybe this is true. I would listen, personally. I admit I'd be very wary but thats because I've been wary of him for a long time.

We know the decisions we are talking about here. Sack Wise, and his other cahoots, re-appoint Keegan - or another manager we could have confidence in but more than anything else - BACK HIS MANAGER, ESPECIALLY TO UNDO THE DAMAGE AND TRY TO PUT THE TEAM ON THE WAY UPWARDS AGAIN. He's told a lot of porkies [as underlined by johnnypd] and has a lot of bridges, but its not impossible, it depends how he goes about it.

Do I expect it to happen ?

Do I bollocks.

Agreed.

What is there to see?

Are you winding me up?

Sorry i dont see the difference between someone ruling out a job and changing there mind about selling the club. I dont see the contentious issue that you do.

If they cant sell the club then settle down and get rid of fucking Kinnear. Under no fucking circumstances should us not getting a buyer mean Joe Kinnear gets a job.

that would just undermine us even more. for better or worse we're stuck with him for the short-term.

What is there to see?

Are you winding me up?

Sorry i dont see the difference between someone ruling out a job and changing there mind about selling the club. I dont see the contentious issue that you do.

:lol:

WUM.

What is there to see?

Are you winding me up?

WUM.

:doh:

he even said "you never know"

not that it's anyone's business what a private individual says, the only people it is relevant to are him and his family.

"omg kev you said you'd get baked beans from the shop but you got spaghetti hoops instead, youre just like colin powell lying to the UN!"  :weep:

That's fine, but then he should get on with running the club properly and make quality signings in January that will match his ambitions of bringing CL football to Newcastle. That was his aim at the start of the season after all.

It isn't about who was right and who might be wrong, it's about Ashley taking a course of action and then perservering with it. His system I could buy into if he really believes in it and is committed to it. Selling the club I can buy into, as it allows someone else to pick up the slack once he's had enough.

The only thing I can't buy into is keeping the club without being interested in progressing it. As it stands the club is in limbo which is the worst case scenario, that is the one situation I find unforgiveable. Either sell up or commit properly.

What is there to see?

Are you winding me up?

WUM.

:doh:

he even said "you never know"

not that it's anyone's business what a private individual says, the only people it is relevant to are him and his family.

"omg kev you said you'd get baked beans from the shop but you got spaghetti hoops instead, youre just like colin powell lying to the UN!"  :weep:

Perhaps Alistair Darling changes his mind on the budget like he does on his favourite pair of shoes.

It isn't about who was right and who might be wrong, it's about Ashley taking a course of action and then perservering with it. His system I could buy into if he really believes in it and is committed to it. Selling the club I can buy into, as it allows someone else to pick up the slack once he's had enough.

The only thing I can't buy into is keeping the club without being interested in progressing it. As it stands the club is in limbo which is the worst case scenario, that is the one situation I find unforgiveable. Either sell up or commit properly.

I'm talking about your comment "running the club properly and making quality signings".......this is a choice of the owner, board, whoever owns and runs the club. He's chosen the opposite path to the last owners, who I suspect you took the path they chose, for granted.

Hopefully it won't take one or two more owners for the point to sink in.

I'm convinced that he never had any other ambition other than to keep the club in the premiership for as small and amount of expenditure on players as possible.

He has turned the club into 2nd raters.

I'm talking about your comment "running the club properly and making quality signings".......this is a choice of the owner, board, whoever owns and runs the club. He's chosen the opposite path to the last owners, who I suspect you took the path they chose, for granted.

Hopefully it won't take one or two more owners for the point to sink in.

I'm convinced that he never had any other ambition other than to keep the club in the premiership for as small and amount of expenditure on players as possible.

He has turned the club into 2nd raters.

This is your problem NE5, you are more interested in saying "I told you so" whether it applies or not. The truth of the matter is I don't think any different of the last board now than when they left. I had my say on them and it holds, my views aren't going to change with hindsight because Ashley's ownership has gone sour. What Shepherd did well he got credit for and what he did wrong he got stick for. I think you gave him too much credit and not enough stick but that's your choice.

Same applies here with Ashley, and if you think you deserve a gold star for being right about the new board go ahead and give yourself a gold star, on that you probably got it right.

What is there to see?

Are you winding me up?

WUM.

Haha, seriously i dont. Specifically speaking Ashley only has a responsibltty to himself, he, by right can do whatever the f*** he wants to do with his personal asset. I see you've given an example about Alastair Darling and im afriad thats where your "logic" falls down. Darling has a repsonsiblity (by law and consititution) to the public and a public servant, Ashley doesnt so his decision to sell the club or not bears no relevance to the fans whatsoever - specifically speaking.

The point in hand is that fact that everyone changes there mind - seemed pretty clear from Onuts post.

Good try though Dave.

He has a hell of a lot more responsibility riding on his decision than Kevin Keegan did when saying he wasn't bothered about taking another job. That's all I'm saying, and I think it's pretty obvious.

As I like your edit I think we should agree to leave it there.

Is it a question of Ashley's price is too high, or that the bidders are bidding too low? I don't think anybody here could answer that question unless they were directly involved with the deal tbh.

I don't expect him to sell at a loss.

It doesn't matter how much is offered, it'll alway be that he's asking too much.

If any sale doesn't go through, then yes.

He says he's desperate to get away. How desperate?

If he's desperate to sell he'll cover his losses or make a small profit and get the deal done. If he wants to keep the club he needs to start running it like a proper club and invest money.

On the other hand if he wants to keep the club and NOT invest, he is just bleeding the club dry and putting it's future at stake. That's really all there is to it.

Couldn't agree more.

I hope Ashley doesn't sell and continues in the direction he  was heading with the club, to keep continuity. The thing I would like him to do is to get rid of Llambias and bring in a Chairman who knows the workings of a Football Club, then get rid of Kinnear and find us a decent Manager.