Derek Llambeezy

Willow

Guest icemanblue

I don't get that, like. They ballsed up last summer, admitted it, then made huge strides to put it right. I don't think they're being given a clean slate by many, but they're rightly being praised for giving us one of our best ever transfer windows.

Who cares lads tbh, we have the players now that's what matters whether it cost 3m or 30m. They have no excuse not to spend on the right players during the window now so lets see it while keeping what we have.

I don't get that, like. They ballsed up last summer, admitted it, then made huge strides to put it right. I don't think they're being given a clean slate by many, but they're rightly being praised for giving us one of our best ever transfer windows.

same, all the bloke has said is that signing the players in january added 10m to if they'd signed in summer 2013 on frees...he's not mentioning last summer at all like

No I agree Inochi, I'm simply taking exception with his patter about spending extra money compared to Summer 2013. How can they say that at the same time as admitting they got it wrong in 2012 and also insisting they were battling for players at that time? It's a simple point I'm making.

Obviously delighted with our business in January, just think this latest stuff is a bit rich to say the least.

same, all the bloke has said is that signing the players in january added 10m to if they'd signed in summer 2013 on frees...he's not mentioning last summer at all like

Aye, deliberately! :lol:

Guest icemanblue

No I agree Inochi, I'm simply taking exception with his patter about spending extra money compared to Summer 2013. How can they say that at the same time as admitting they got it wrong in 2012 and also insisting they were battling for players at that time? It's a simple point I'm making.

Obviously delighted with our business in January, just think this latest stuff is a bit rich to say the least.

Ah, ok, I can see where you're coming from. But, they're riding the crest of a wave at the minute. The club being in profit is fantastic PR for them, let them have their moment in the sun. Their job isn't done, by a long shot, and they'll know that. This summer is almost equally as important as January was. A repeat of last summer will destroy any goodwill they've generated in the past couple of months.

but what did you want him to say, how could he have satisified you?? :lol:

does this mean you think they're lying: "How can they say that at the same time as admitting they got it wrong in 2012 and also insisting they were battling for players at that time?"

my assumption is they were too rigid in their valuation of players and walked away from deals in the summer, not that they weren't trying to sign anyone, probably because they thought our squad was better than it was

Guest Roger Kint

It'll be interesting to see what the other new commercial deal is? how long have we got left with puma? Just wondering if thats why there hasn't been any leak of the new design?

We're with Puma until 2014.

Knowing Ryder he has probably got the wrong end of it and its just the official unveiling of how the ground will look all Wonga'ed up and the shirt launch rather than an announcement of anything else.

the business done in january was seemingly brought forward due to the dodgy position we found ourselves in but the plan is still the same as it was in the summer, in the main getting players for under their supposed market value. sometimes it'll pay off and they'll look good, sometimes it wont and they'll look like mugs.

for all they say they got it wrong in the summer, if that situation arose again I'd doubt they'd do things differently.

So total bollocks then, and a pointless and bizarre way of speaking about transfers.

Well, no.  That's real money that the club has spent, which it a) didn't want to and b) hadn't factored in to the long term running of the club.

We are now a few million weaker financially than we would have liked.  However, it was a wise investment given the potential losses of relegation.

I wonder if it also includes the 7 months of saved wages from the Debuchy deal being messed up in the summer.

It'll be interesting to see what the other new commercial deal is? how long have we got left with puma? Just wondering if thats why there hasn't been any leak of the new design?

We're with Puma until 2014.

Ah right, probably won't be anything exciting then

does this mean you think they're lying: "How can they say that at the same time as admitting they got it wrong in 2012 and also insisting they were battling for players at that time?"

my assumption is they were too rigid in their valuation of players and walked away from deals in the summer, not that they weren't trying to sign anyone, probably because they thought our squad was better than it was

Why didn't he talk about the money they saved compared to last summer as opposed to the additional money they're spending compared to this summer coming? How on Earth me taking exception to that is leading to me getting the anti-Ashley treatment is beyond me. :lol:

Why didn't he talk about the money they saved compared to last summer as opposed to the additional money they're spending compared to this summer coming? How on Earth me taking exception to that is leading to me getting the anti-Ashley treatment is beyond me. :lol:

you're not getting the anything treatment, just don't fully understand the crux of your chelp...i mean i get it, but it seems pointless, they're hardly gonna start talking about hypothetical past financial scenarios during a presser announcing the club being in profit again are they?

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 4m

#nufc will announce one of the biggest commercial deals in club history before the season is out.

Seen this anyone?Scared/Happy? hahaha

Mark Douglas also mentions this in today's Journal.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 4m

#nufc will announce one of the biggest commercial deals in club history before the season is out.

the worry for me is that while it may well be one of the biggest deals in our clubs history, it'll give some scary perspective on where we are in the scheme of things, ie compared to the deals of spurs, liverpool etc.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 4m

Possibly capitalising on the huge exposure we enjoy across the channel nowadays ??

Guest neesy111

I'm guessing Nike will have an opening for sponsorship now that they lost Arsenal.

Just surmising.

Can't see Puma offering mental money as per Nike/Adidas/Warrior 

Apparently we are Puma's biggest customer from what I've read somewhere.  We still domestically in the top 4 in the UK for selling kits, plenty of potential to make more money.

Didn't Moussa waive his signing on fee for us to get the deal done? If so surely that would balance out the transfer fee we paid for him. So, one would expect the siginificant expense will be paying him from January instead of July.

Guest Roger Kint

Didn't Moussa waive his signing on fee for us to get the deal done? If so surely that would balance out the transfer fee we paid for him. So, one would expect the siginificant expense will be paying him from January instead of July.

Think it was the 'loyalty fee' he waived from Toulouse.