Derek Llambeezy

Willow

Guest icemanblue

Thank god for Graham Carr, like. There's absolutely no chance we'd have the team we have now without him. He's allowed Ashley to operate on his usual shoestring of a budget, but now we're getting genuine quality. In saying that, they do deserve credit for bringing him in. I'd love to know the circumstances of how he was hired, and whether he sold them a vision of how our team looks now.

Thank god for Graham Carr, like. There's absolutely no chance we'd have the team we have now without him. He's allowed Ashley to operate on his usual shoestring of a budget, but now we're getting genuine quality. In saying that, they do deserve credit for bringing him in. I'd love to know the circumstances of how he was hired, and whether he sold them a vision of how our team looks now.

graham carr may be good at identifying ther talent, it's whoever persuades them to come and it seems like it may be a long process as our interest in the likes of sissoko. m'biwa, cisse was know well in advance, you have to assume the work to get them was being put in then....whoever is doing that is the true hero of the story.

graham carr may be good at identifying ther talent, it's whoever persuades them to come and it seems like it may be a long process as our interest in the likes of sissoko. m'biwa, cisse was know well in advance, you have to assume the work to get them was being put in then....whoever is doing that is the true hero of the story.

No, disagree.  There has to be a 'find' for anything to subsequently happen. 

Graham Carr is a quality scout, but I would expect any half decent scout to spot the talents of the likes of Sissoko, Mapou, Tiote, etc. It's about our strategy of exploiting France, Holland, etc. Not saying it's the perfect strategy, but going to place like Ligue to spot talent is no brainer. We should be expanding our scouting network to places like South America too.

Chris Hughton. :thup:

i'll disagree in turn, anyone could see the talent in sissoko, m'biwa, ben arfa, cabaye,debuchy... many on here did. making them want to come here, now that IS a talent.

Graham Carr is a quality scout, but I would expect any half decent scout to spot the talents of the likes of Sissoko, Mapou, Tiote, etc. It's about our strategy of exploiting France, Holland, etc. Not saying it's the perfect strategy, but going to place like Ligue to spot talent is no brainer. We should be expanding our scouting network to places like South America too.

Also the rest of Europe quite frankly, there's teams in Spain and Italy who can be exploited under our budget. Of course we are not going to buy from Milan, Juventus, Madrid, Barca etc etc but the lower table teams with hidden gems we could definitely afford.

Just look at the players Laudrup plucked from La Liga should tell its own story and of course if we look to Italy then Santon can have a friend.  :aww:

i'll disagree in turn, anyone could see the talent in sissoko, m'biwa, ben arfa, cabaye,debuchy... many on here did. making them want to come here, now that IS a talent.

There are scouts that spot good talent ie Carr with the Tiote, Bassong, Santon and Sissoko recommendations, who seemingly always gets his picks right and there are scouts / managers out there who dont, and have bought utter dross unsuited for the Premier League, in Bebe, Veron, Boumsong, Arshavin, Reyes, Cheyrou (next Zidane), etc.

Every one of Carr's picks have turned out pretty mint imo you seem to want to give the majority of the credit to the players agent and Pardew in the recruiting department. 

There are scouts that spot good talent ie Carr with the Tiote, Bassong, Santon and Sissoko recommendations, who seemingly always gets his picks right,  and there our scouts / managers out there who dont, and have bought utter dross unsuited for the Premier League, in Bebe, Veron, Boumsong, Arshavin, Reyes, Cheyrou (next Zidane), etc.

Every one of Carr's picks have turned out pretty mint imo you seem to want to give the majority of the credit to the players agent and Pardew in the recruiting department. 

tbf we don't really know who really spots them. has he found them all his self ? has he been reccomended them by others ? there is a thing on here for thinking if a players good he's carrs, if he's crap he's not carr's without any proof at all.

what i was saying was that although players like ben arfa, m'biwa, sissoko could all realistically have gone to clubs in better positions, probably for bigger wages someone from our club persuaded them to come here and it seems like a long term plan we have with each player. that person, wheteher it's charnley,lambias, pardew or carr is the top man of the piece for me.

There are scouts that spot good talent ie Carr with the Tiote, Bassong, Santon and Sissoko recommendations, who seemingly always gets his picks right,  and there our scouts / managers out there who dont, and have bought utter dross unsuited for the Premier League, in Bebe, Veron, Boumsong, Arshavin, Reyes, Cheyrou (next Zidane), etc.

tbf we don't really know who really spots them. has he found them all his self ? has he been reccomended them by others ? there is a thing on here for thinking if a players good he's carrs, if he's crap he's not carr's without any proof at all.

what i was saying was that although players like ben arfa, m'biwa, sissoko could all realistically have gone to clubs in better positions, probably for bigger wages someone from our club persuaded them to come here and it seems like a long term plan we have with each player. that person, wheteher it's charnley,lambias, pardew or carr is the top man of the piece for me.

Recently the club has lost many transfers by the sounds of it because of better clubs and bigger wages putting a spanner in the works, your point is moot there.

At the end of the day he is the chief scout and he is the one who shortlists the targets and has a 50% say on who to persue IIRC i believe Llambias has confirmed this.

You just seem a bit put out that Carr get's all this credit and believe there is someone else more deserving of praise.  Without the initial find or shortlisting by Carr, this 'unsung hero', may well be bringing in the likes of Carlton Cole.

Recently the club has lost many transfers by the sounds of it because of better clubs and bigger wages putting a spanner in the works, what's your point there?

At the end of the day he is the chief scout and he is the one who shortlists the targets and has a 50% say on who to persue IIRC i believe Llambias has confirmed this.

You just seem a bit put out that Carr get's all this credit and believe there is someone else more deserving of praise.  Without the initial find or shortlisting by Carr, this 'unsung hero', may well be bringing in the likes of Carlton Cole.

many ?remy and de jong. pales compared to the strike rate and the ones we got are even more surprising as they are the ones you'd think would have had the cash thrown at them and the ones we'd been linmkied with for a while, almost as if others knew they'd agreed to come here already.

don't get me wrong i like the work he's doing but it's not as if he's finding unknowns who come straight into the first team. aren't you intrigued as to what happens to make sissoko come here and not spurs ?

Recently the club has lost many transfers by the sounds of it because of better clubs and bigger wages putting a spanner in the works, what's your point there?

many ?remy and de jong. pales compared to the strike rate and the ones we got are even more surprising as they are the ones you'd think would have had the cash thrown at them and the ones we'd been linmkied with for a while, almost as if others knew they'd agreed to come here already.

Yea and any sign of more money under their nose and the transfer is dead in the water.  Remy picked an almost relegation certainty over us, Kevin Gameiro would rather be a 4th choice striker than have been a probable starter here.

Modric and Arda Turan i also seem to remember picked money over us.

You're just a bit hung-up on the praise of Carr, maybe it is OTT on here, he works within the parameters set and gets a suitable list together to go over with Pardew and like or not he is the main cog in our recruitment strategy.

Can you both not agree that for a transfer strategy to be successful you need to both target the right players and then get them in? If you have one, but not the other, it still doesn't amount to much.. :lol:

i'd guess it's easier to identify good players than to actually persuade them to come to your club when you quite possibly aren't the best option. you never know carr may even have a hand in this, who knows ?

Can you both not agree that for a transfer strategy to be successful you need to both target the right players and then get them in? If you have one, but not the other, it still doesn't amount to much.. :lol:

i'd guess it's easier to identify good players than to actually persuade them to come to your club when you quite possibly aren't the best option. you never know carr may even have a hand in this, who knows ?

Based on the endless list of s**** signings we have made over the years, and other clubs as well of course, I would say one is just as important/difficult as the other tbf.

For what it's worth, I believe Carr is also very instrumental in making initial contact with the players' agents/clubs to find out the situation and whether they would be interested in playing for this club.

Based on the endless list of s**** signings we have made over the years, and other clubs as well of course, I would say one is just as important/difficult as the other tbf.

For what it's worth, I believe Carr is also very instrumental in making initial contact with the players' agents/clubs to find out the situation and whether they would be interested in playing for this club.

:thup:

There is a reason we are signing all these 'obvious' players. I fully believe Carr is it.

'Best option'.. based on what mere speculation?  We offer them a bigger wage then they were on at France.  That's basically accounts for 95%+ of whether we sign them or not.

It's Carr who actually shortlists these players who fit the clubs current needs and whether or not they are within our reach with the budget constraints, etc.  Like before, Carr seems to be the main cog in recruitment.  This magical mysterious man that you mention didn't just get Sissoko to agree a 40k-odd a week deal and turn a blind eye of an offer of 80k a week that he could have got at x, y or z. 

'Best option'.. based on what mere speculation?  We offer them a bigger wage then they were on at France.  That's basically accounts for 95%+ of whether we sign them or not.

It's Carr who actually shortlists these players who fit the clubs current needs and whether or not they are within our reach with the budget constraints, etc.  Like before, Carr seems to be the main cog in recruitment.  This magical mysterious man that you mention didn't just get Sissoko to agree a 40k-odd a week deal and turn a blind eye of an offer of 80k a week that he could have got at x, y or z. 

crikey man if you want to be like that i'd guess that other scouts report to carr, carr reports to the management so he just a standard cog and yes i do personally think both he and m'biwa could've got better deals elsewhere.........or are you saying it was carr that got it wrong last summer ?

i was just taking things to conclusions like dcmk is doing.

carr is doiung a good job, the clubs hit rate is very good and he plays a major part in that but was no-one else surprised that we got sissoko and m'biwa (even cabaye). the former two had been linked for a while, came in very cheap and we aren't the highest payers, not raise an eyebrow at all ?

crikey man if you want to be like that i'd guess that other scouts report to carr, carr reports to the management so he just a standard cog and yes i do personally think both he and m'biwa could've got better deals elsewhere.........or are you saying it was carr that got it wrong last summer ?

Your point on Mwiba: Speculative nonsense.  If he could have got more, he probably would have (read up on Loic Remy).

Your point on Carr just being a standard cog:  No Llambias said himself that Carr does all the shortlisting meeting their requirements, chats with Pardew and they both agree on who to proceed with.

Carr got what wrong, how?

How is your unsung hero doing more exactly, why are we discussing this still?? Anyone could see that our recent recruitment success is all based around Carr's scouting network in France.  Not your unsung hero who somehow turns players away from more money and a better location, to sign for us.

carr is doiung a good job, the clubs hit rate is very good and he plays a major part in that but was no-one else surprised that we got sissoko and m'biwa (even cabaye). the former two had been linked for a while, came in very cheap and we aren't the highest payers, not raise an eyebrow at all ?

Carr watched Cabaye from 18 years of age, does your guy deserve more plaudits for that one, because we actually signed him and he didn't fuck it up? 

Carr watched Cabaye from 18 years of age, does your guy deserve more plaudits for that one, because we actually signed him and he didn't f*** it up? 

he's watched a lot of players, i wonder if we try to buy everyone he reccomends ? and like i've said, whoever persuaded him to sign deserves as much plaudits as anyone else.