Derek Llambeezy

Willow

Guest Roger Kint

So we've started paying debt back to Ashley too. Nice.

No. It was clearly mentioned in last years accounts that he put extra in that year to be paid back within 12 months.

He mentions US & Asia in a few articles so maybe a commercial deal which incorporates an overseas tour in the summer?

Touring the US in the pre-season according to Llambias.

More US radio commentary  :megusta:

:lol:

What was that guy's name again? Need to start a petition to get him to do all our games if we do go to the US

Guest neesy111

So we've started paying debt back to Ashley too. Nice.

Probably from the profits from the previous season (which would had been sat as cash) is where that money has come from to pay back Ashley for the advance he made during the relegation season.  I need to see the accounts properly to make decent conclusion, lots of headline figures but not much detail as usual when they announce the results.

He mentions US & Asia in a few articles so maybe a commercial deal which incorporates an overseas tour in the summer?

Touring the US in the pre-season according to Llambias.

More US radio commentary  :megusta:

:lol:

What was that guy's name again? Need to start a petition to get him to do all our games if we do go to the US

Still follow him on twitter.  :love:

Have to say like, I do understand the importance of being financially stable and do sit easier with us being self sufficient etc, but the whole being 'happy' and 'proud' to be posting a profit still doesn't sit right with me.

We're fans of a football club, not directors of a penny pinching, start-up business.

Guest neesy111

Have to say like, I do understand the importance of being financially stable and do sit easier with us being self sufficient etc, but the whole being 'happy' and 'proud' to be posting a profit still doesn't sit right with me.

We're fans of a football club, not directors of a penny pinching, start-up business.

Spot on.  I feel that people think being a good financial footing will help us on the pitch at some point.

True but such is life these days and we (and hundreds of other clubs) have nowt else to crow about.

The reason it feels me with pride is because we are one of the few who are doing so and we are actually improving on the pitch while doing so.

Also its always a good thing to know that the club is being run correctly.

Of course i'd like to see a winning team with trophies to boot too but for now it is a good thing that we as fans should be happy about.

If we was losing our best players to do so then fair enough, but we are not we are building a team which as of right now is in the Quarter finals of the Europa League and have aspirations to get back into the top 6 again next year.

All while posting a profit, its something to be pleased about IMO knowing we could well have success in the years to come ( relatively anyway) and know the club will be in a healthy shape.

Given our current ownership, if we were constantly in the negative they'd probably tell us how we aren't making enough money and are now unable to spend any cash as they believe in being financially sound and prudent.

Spot on.  I feel that people think being a good financial footing will help us on the pitch at some point.

If our owner doesn't want to put any money into the club, then of course it's better for us on the pitch to be on sound financial footing. Had we posted a £10m loss, it's very plausible that we would have had to use the increased tv revenue to fill that hole.

I think it should be something to be proud of.

Profit year on year means that the club is sustainable long term, and the money is there to keep things going on the pitch.

Slow posting of profit year after year will enable proper and sustainable growth, and creates a platform for success on the pitch. It is up to the footballing staff to fulfil this.

Meanwhile in the long term, clubs incurring losses are going to get worse.

Man Utd is a club built on profit and success.

Arsenal are posting a profit, but perhaps haven't made the best footballing decisions lately, yet they are in a position we would envy.

Current ownership would use the fact that we aren't making any money as reason to not spend more. We all know that. This at least gives them comfort that the money they have spent has been made back through ticket sales, commercial, etc.

Just my take.

Guest Slippery Sam

Can someone explain why Ashley "isn't interested" in getting the £100m 'loan' paid back?  Surely to pay him back bit by bit would be acceptable, non???

Guest optimistic nit

Welcome to 20 years ago

If our owner doesn't want to put any money into the club, then of course it's better for us on the pitch to be on sound financial footing. Had we posted a £10m loss, it's very plausible that we would have had to use the increased tv revenue to fill that hole.

Will any of the other clubs do that? Doubt it.