Mido chants to be investigated by the FA

Guest nufc_kev

What is bigotry?

Abusing someone on the basis of their nationality. Didn't you follow the quotes? ???

Clearly not.

FWIW yes it's still bigotry, but I don't feel it's anywhere near the same level.

The australian bit or the Mido bit?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,58121.msg1586637.html#msg1586637

The Australian bit. I was merely pointing out that abusing someone on the basis of their race is not the same as abusing someone on the basis of their nationality, even though both are examples of bigotry. Geddit?

What is bigotry?

Abusing someone on the basis of their nationality. Didn't you follow the quotes? ???

Clearly not.

FWIW yes it's still bigotry, but I don't feel it's anywhere near the same level.

The australian bit or the Mido bit?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,58121.msg1586637.html#msg1586637

The Australian bit. I was merely pointing out that abusing someone on the basis of their race is not the same as abusing someone on the basis of their nationality, even though both are examples of bigotry. Geddit?

I do.  Don't get uppity, just wanted to understand.

Apologies, I didn't mean to sound that way. :blush:

Dave I'm surprised he thought that about you, especially as in the past you've shown a lot of intolerance towards people who don't seem to get things or make grammatical errors. Not sure why he would think that.

Dave I'm surprised he thought that about you, especially as in the past you've shown a lot of intolerance towards people who don't seem to get things or make grammatical errors. Not sure why he would think that.

TBF to Dave, it wasn't that bad. I suppose sometimes the written word doesn't always come over how you mean it.

Yer what?

:razz:

TBF to Dave, it wasn't that bad. I suppose sometimes the written word doesn't always come over how you mean it.

Fight the power as Chuck D once said. Don't bow down to the man.

Guest The Wise Guy

I didnt hear anything that sound like any racists chats during the time when Mido got on or when he was playing, but if the reports are to be true, then I would be very disappointed with our fans who did it. But then again, it could also be from their own fans who are just putting the blame on us for their actions. Hopefully such a thing doesnt happen again whether it is during our match or any other match. We all are created equal and should be treated as such.

Everyone else is wrong and we are right of course. Let's do the Mido chants at our ground as well, it would be such a laugh to hear 40,000 singing it :thup:

Everyone else?

;D I'm not bowing to the man, just understanding him.

Now where's that wipe gone, I need to get the shit off my nose.

Guest toonlass

Just to get this back on track again. Where is all our "islamaphobic" chanting at other muslim players, if of course, we are all islamaphobics? There are loads of muslim players in the premiership, Emre is a muslim and I never heard any racist chanting from the bigots in the East stand at him when he was at the club. Wheees Keeeeys Louise made a great effort last year to brand us all a bunch of racists, despite her not being able to get the joke that the poor bugger at the Riverside looks like a well-known terrorist. Maybe if she investigated her journalism a little bit more we would never have been in this whole crap situation. The FA want to have a look at real problems in football, such as Mackems throwing coins into the away support at the derby match, pitch invasions etc before going all hypo on some chanting that I'm pretty sure none of the people who did chant meant to be a racist slur.

I just can't bellieve that no-one picked up on our past racist bile hurled at Jimmy Floyd, after all 'Just a fat Eddie Murphy' was obviously thrown his way because he is black and so is Eddie Murphy.

On a more serious note, regardless of the nature of the chanting it is close to the bone for a lot of people and its no surprise that some quarters have lumped it as being racist, I'd wager that (giving the benefit of doubt to the songs creator) the original target was his likeness to RR, but a number of fans were chanting it thinking that it was aimed at him being an 'arab' (that seems to be the term banded about by borderline racists for anyone not from Britain these days).

Unfortunately we can't do anything about these individuals unless you can identify them all indivudally. Until then maybe the song should be shelved for the greater good?

I just can't bellieve that no-one picked up on our past racist bile hurled at Jimmy Floyd, after all 'Just a fat Eddie Murphy' was obviously thrown his way because he is black and so is Eddie Murphy.

On a more serious note, regardless of the nature of the chanting it is close to the bone for a lot of people and its no surprise that some quarters have lumped it as being racist, I'd wager that (giving the benefit of doubt to the songs creator) the original target was his likeness to RR, but a number of fans were chanting it thinking that it was aimed at him being an 'arab' (that seems to be the term banded about by borderline racists for anyone not from Britain these days).

Unfortunately we can't do anything about these individuals unless you can identify them all indivudally. Until then maybe the song should be shelved for the greater good?

After the fuss made last year I'd be amazed if anyone was unaware that it get dredged up again if the bomb chants were repeated. That's why I don't accept it was innocent banter, at best it was downright stupid everything considered, which is why I don't see the need to bend over backwards defending such daft actions.