Stephen Carr

PM

Guest Stephen927

perhaps we should retire the number... wait, what was his shirt number?

Number 2, currently occupied by Coloccini.

Newcastle is the club fullbacks come to die. Stephen Carr, Olly Bernard, and Celestine Babayaro all had alot of talent (especially the last two). I have seen it. I have borne witness to the wonderous exploits of these three rampaging up and down the right and left sides of the pitch. And I have also borne witness to the decay and death of that talent that has hit these players in the North-East of England. What hath cursed us in this cruel fashion? These days when I see Enrique, once full of so much promise, giving the ball back to attackers, I shudder, and pray, that this one does not fall into the abyss which has claimed Baba, Olly, and Stevie.

Enrique  :pow:

Guest Jawesome

Bernard didn't come here to die, he went to Scotland to die.  He was mint for us.  Best LB we've had in a while, and one of the best crossers of a ball we've had in the prem.

I thought Carr was on a hiding to nothing when he first arrived. He had no one playing ahead of him on the right (Dyer would just play anywhere he wanted) and would be instructed to go forward to deliver balls into the box - which meant he couldn't be defending at the same time.

His injury killed him as a premiership player. Although from the info I agot he was the most detested member of the playing squad, an arrogant cunt.

"Fucking put that down!!......didn't I tell you stay in the changing room!??"

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/20080126/21/2819837674-soccer-fa-cup-fourth-round-arsenal-v-newcastle-united-emirates.jpg

"f***ing put that down!!......didn't I tell you stay in the changing room!??"

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/20080126/21/2819837674-soccer-fa-cup-fourth-round-arsenal-v-newcastle-united-emirates.jpg

:lol:

Guest The Wise Guy

Well, never been a huge fan of him but he has gone through a lot of tough times with us and he deserves some credit for that. I hope he will decide to become a professional golfer next.

"of course you can have a career in basketball, its just that your short fat and cant run."

Fat, substandard and always injured.  What a waste of money.  With Babayaro surely the worst value full back pairing in the history of the premiership.  I expect they had to buy a new physio couch after he left on account of the large arse shaped indentation he left in it.  He can now look forward to years of pub football, having already acquired the perfect physique for it.  No doubt the left winger will still merrily skip past him as he tries in vain to foul them and isn't quick enough to do it. 

Guest toonlass

Despite Babayaro being a layabout in general, I'll always respect him for playing that game straight after his brother died.

It was the best game he ever had for us.

Anyone remember that video of Shay, Duff and Carr at the Celtic game. Shay looking cool as fuck while the other two looked like eejits?

Despite Babayaro being a layabout in general, I'll always respect him for playing that game straight after his brother died.

Anyone remember that video of Shay, Duff and Carr at the Celtic game. Shay looking cool as fuck while the other two looked like eejits?

Guest palnese

Anyone remember that video of Shay, Duff and Carr at the Celtic game. Shay looking cool as f*** while the other two looked like eejits?

Given.. Shay Given :)