N-O Football Match - Red v Blue @ 10:30 on 18/05/19 @ Dunston Powerleague

Dr Venkman

Guest Heneage

NSG did really well in our net btw. :thup:

:nods:

He's a cracking keeper and I knew he was before we stepped on. Shame if GG had just said he wasn't I could have brought a brilliant keeper. :(

I'd love to play on (dry) proper grass btw. Fucking well shit not being able to tackle properly.

dave i dont think any amount of proper grass is gonna help that mate O0

:-[

At least I could TRY properly then. ;)

My dream (which will probably only happen if we get to a cup final or something, forcing all of us to get our asses over to England.)

The N-O Football match MK II: Geordies v. Foreigners

>:D

old type, that one again

I'd love to play on (dry) proper grass btw. Fucking well shit not being able to tackle properly.

haha aye, there'll be some very tasty challenges on proper grass i reckon.

btw i was surprised by how young everyone was in general

Im still waiting to be told i dont look 40,....

My dream (which will probably only happen if we get to a cup final or something, forcing all of us to get our asses over to England.)

old type, that one again

Not trying to start shit mate, just think it would be fun.  :angel:

I'd love to play on (dry) proper grass btw. f***ing well s*** not being able to tackle properly.

I'd love to play on (dry) proper grass btw. f***ing well s*** not being able to tackle properly.

old type, that one again

Not trying to start shit mate, just think it would be fun.  :angel:

i was just pulling yr pisser, i think it would be impossible to organise, but your welcome to play next time.

hey id take that any day, being back in my 30s,..lol

old type, that one again

Not trying to start s*** mate, just think it would be fun.  :angel:

i was just pulling yr pisser, i think it would be impossible to organise, but your welcome to play next time.

Think of it as something to look forward to in addition to the event itself if we ever get to a cup final.

I'm sure most of the foreign folk on here would set aside anything less important than their own funerals to be there if we're ever in with a chance at winning real silverware.

btw stupeedo, please tell me you got that shirt specially lettered up for tonight?

lol he had his back half turned , and i could read that and i said,..whats your name on the forum,..lol

btw stupeedo, please tell me you got that shirt specially lettered up for tonight?

lol he had his back half turned , and i could read that and i said,..whats your name on the forum,..lol

i asked him the same question and he promptly removed his coat and displayed the shirt with pride, i reckon he got it specially done! haha

What's the best thing for a hamstring? I've had ice on it but it's still just came out with a massive bruise, I've tried massaging it but that feels worse. :(

Hamstring Injury Treatment

The immediate treatment of a Hamstring muscle injury consists of the RICE protocol - rest, ice, compression and elevation (never apply ice directly to the skin). This is aimed at reducing the bleeding and damage within the Hamstring muscle tissue. Resting may be the common sense approach, but it is one that is often ignored by competitive athletes. This is unwise, since it does not take much to turn a grade one Hamstring strain into a grade two, or a grade two Hamstring strain into a grade three. As a general rule, grade one Hamstring strains should be rested from sporting activity for about 3 weeks and grade two injuries for about 4 to 6 weeks. In the case of a complete rupture, the Hamstring muscle will have to be repaired surgically and the rehabilitation afterwards will take about 3 months.

Regardless of the severity of the Hamstring injury the treatment in the first few days is the same. The Hamstring should be rested in an elevated position with an Ice Pack applied for twenty minutes every two hours, if practical (never apply ice directly to the skin). A Compression Bandage should be applied to limit bleeding and swelling in the tissues. After the early stages have been spent resting, more active rehabilitation can be started.

Gentle resistance exercises and stretching are important as they help to align the scar tissue that forms during the healing process. By aligning the scar tissue along the normal lines of stress the tensile strength of the Hamstring is enhanced.

At first gentle resistance is provided by a therapist, but as the muscle gets stronger then Resistance Bands can provide more of a challenge. The sets and repetitions are gradually increased and eventually Core Strengthening can be started.

Core Strength and Core Stability exercises can improve muscle function across the trunk and pelvis and this can reduce the risk of Hamstring injury. Core strength exercises on a mat using a Swiss Ball and resistance bands are ideal. Once Core Strength and Hamstring strength are improved, then a return to functional activity is possible. With a grade one Hamstring strain gentle jogging can be initiated between seven and nine days after injury and straight line sprinting is usually started after 3 weeks. Many people find that Warm Pants (Compression Shorts) or a Thigh Support provide reassurance during this active rehabilitation.

http://www.physioroom.com/injuries/hip_and_thigh/hamstring_strain_full.php