Newcastle United 2 - 2 Stoke City - 06/12/08 - Post match reaction from page 16

JH

Talking about us on Goals On Sunday NOW!!!

I havent got SS1. Keep us up to date please mate

]]

Not much crack about the game really. Kammy's PLAYERWATCH is on Jonas  & Kammy is big fan.  

Lawrie Sanchez says "Newcastle fans were not happy with Sam but now they are happy with being 5th bottom, what do they want" WHAT A CUNT!

The first half I thought we were excellent, 2 good goals but it was the build up that impressed most as Stoke were cut apart on both occasions, better still when we were not creating chances we were comfortable in posession and looked comfortable passing it around with Stoke chasing shadows, Jonas and N'Zogbia gave us plenty of width and Guthrie was excellent playing in a role similar to what Carrick plays, then came half time...

The most bizarre change I think I can remember here, the obvious move was to either bring Viduka on and go 4-3-3 or move Coloccini forward so he's sat in front of Bassong and Taylor which would have made us harder to break down while retaining the width of the team, instead he put Taylor on at right back who's comfortable there but it's not really his natural position, stuck Beye on the wing which is worse than when Souness put Shola on the wing in terms of stupidity and stuck Jonas in the middle, which have us a soft centre and no attacking threat down the right.

What was worse was that even though it wasn't working Kinnear done nothing to alter it, I don't remember ever leaving a game as pissed off as I was yesterday because it was 2 points thrown away by an awful decision by the manager, thick as f***ing mince.

Btw that was another game that we've invited the opposition to come and attack us by taking off Martins who still looked dangerous on the counter attack for the immobile Viduka, also where was Lua Lua? Perfect chance yesterday at half time to bring a young player on that the club thinks has potential.

An absolutely spot on assessment.

Agreed.  So what is it about our Manager who is better qualified than all of us acting like a complete tactical moron?

where was Lua Lua? Perfect chance yesterday at half time to bring a young player on that the club thinks has potential.

This puzzles me, because as far as I know he's back from injury and apart from 45 minutes, hasn't even figured for the reserves.

I wonder whether JK is keeping him under wraps, because he'll turn 18 this week and presumably the club will seek to tie him to a full professional contract. Maybe he's worried that the likes of Wenger will steal him from under our noses.

Just a thought.

where was Lua Lua? Perfect chance yesterday at half time to bring a young player on that the club thinks has potential.

This puzzles me, because as far as I know he's back from injury and apart from 45 minutes, hasn't even figured for the reserves.

I wonder whether JK is keeping him under wraps, because he'll turn 18 this week and presumably the club will seek to tie him to a full professional contract. Maybe he's worried that the likes of Wenger will steal him from under our noses.

Just a thought.

Judging by yesterday, I dont think he is that astute

Just a thought.

Is he (LuaLua) that good?

Just a thought.

He's already on a pro contract iirc, you can sign them when you turn 17.

The first half I thought we were excellent, 2 good goals but it was the build up that impressed most as Stoke were cut apart on both occasions, better still when we were not creating chances we were comfortable in posession and looked comfortable passing it around with Stoke chasing shadows, Jonas and N'Zogbia gave us plenty of width and Guthrie was excellent playing in a role similar to what Carrick plays, then came half time...

The most bizarre change I think I can remember here, the obvious move was to either bring Viduka on and go 4-3-3 or move Coloccini forward so he's sat in front of Bassong and Taylor which would have made us harder to break down while retaining the width of the team, instead he put Taylor on at right back who's comfortable there but it's not really his natural position, stuck Beye on the wing which is worse than when Souness put Shola on the wing in terms of stupidity and stuck Jonas in the middle, which have us a soft centre and no attacking threat down the right.

What was worse was that even though it wasn't working Kinnear done nothing to alter it, I don't remember ever leaving a game as pissed off as I was yesterday because it was 2 points thrown away by an awful decision by the manager, thick as fucking mince.

Btw that was another game that we've invited the opposition to come and attack us by taking off Martins who still looked dangerous on the counter attack for the immobile Viduka, also where was Lua Lua? Perfect chance yesterday at half time to bring a young player on that the club thinks has potential.

Aye, perfectly summed up, Baggio. To echo people's sentiments.

I was only listening on the radio at the time like, but watching Football First qualified my thoughts. The first half/second half difference was absolutely insane.

Guest Heneage

That was the one thing that baffled me, and what I said yesterday. I thought Coloccini was bought due to his versatility? I remember Keegan saying something along the lines of "He can play all across the back four and in midfield"

That was the one thing that baffled me, and what I said yesterday. I thought Coloccini was bought due to his versatility? I remember Keegan saying something along the lines of "He can play all across the back four and in midfield"

Even more baffling was it was only the other day that Kinnear was talking about putting Colo in midfield from the start.

Guest Heneage

Even more baffling was it was only the other day that Kinnear was talking about putting Colo in midfield from the start.

Even Cacapa moving up would have been better, seems he's really just finding space for Taylor.

Even Cacapa moving up would have been better, seems he's really just finding space for Taylor.

It could be that JFK is finding space for Taylor as he still (mistakenly) sees him as a kind of local lad hero and it will be what the fans want.

If that was the case then that decision (with hindsight) was the cause of our second half collapse.

It could be that JFK is finding space for Taylor as he still (mistakenly) sees him as a kind of local lad hero and it will be what the fans want.

If that was the case then that decision (with hindsight) was the cause of our second half collapse.

Do you really think that? Or are you just putting this left field idea out there?

I predict 2-0 at half-time,

come out firing after the break without success;

Kinnear will take off owen and martins and defend the lead;

stoke will score an unlikely goal in the 80+ minute;

all-out caos ensuing for the remainder of the game.

:lol:

I predict 2-0 at half-time,

come out firing after the break without success;

Kinnear will take off owen and martins and defend the lead;

stoke will score an unlikely goal in the 80+ minute;

all-out caos ensuing for the remainder of the game.

:lol:

:doh:

LuaLua's fit enough to play for the under 18's tomorrow night and was called up to the squad on Saturday.

Why leave him out but select Viduka, Xisco and Carroll for the bench?

Quite clear that JK gave it no proper thought and is just picking the squad by numbers. A similar lack of understanding or tactical nous was responsible for the poor substitutions and failure to deal with Fuller who was allowed to run riot for 45 mins while Kinnear sat frozen  like a tub of ice cream in his dugout.

Guest toonlass

LuaLua's fit enough to play for the under 18's tomorrow night and was called up to the squad on Saturday.

Why leave him out but select Viduka, Xisco and Carroll for the bench?

Quite clear that JK gave it no proper thought and is just picking the squad by numbers. A similar lack of understanding or tactical nous was responsible for the poor substitutions and failure to deal with Fuller who was allowed to run riot for 45 mins while Kinnear sat frozen  like a tub of ice cream in his dugout.

Is that like painting by numbers?