Trouble in Level 7 today?

Guest michaelfoster

Okay i'll admit some of my earlier comments were a bit rash and I fell into the traps people set out...but you are all still failing to see my point....

I understand what you are all getting at, but all I am saying is why shouldn't people protest....we don't HAVE to sit back and just do what we are always told, that's why we live in a democracy.

So by standing up against the rules people see that as their way of protesting against the current rules so that tey are changed to suit everyone...

We do though.  Because if you don't they'll take your ticket off you.

It depends how many are standing really...

Okay i'll admit some of my earlier comments were a bit rash and I fell into the traps people set out...but you are all still failing to see my point....

I understand what you are all getting at, but all I am saying is why shouldn't people protest....we don't HAVE to sit back and just do what we are always told, that's why we live in a democracy.

So by standing up against the rules people see that as their way of protesting against the current rules so that tey are changed to suit everyone...

You're confusing "mob rule" with democracy then.

In a way a democracy relies on a mob rule in order to sustain any form of hierarchy. It's alway the majority who win in a democracy....i.e. when we vote for labour or conservative...very different but very similar...if you get me..

The club hasn't got any say in the matter when it comes to standing and anybody who stands is asking to be thrown out because the club has to be seen to be doing something about it.  For somebody to come on here and to find parts of the ground being closed down as being acceptable is madness. 

I'd rather stand than sit but it's not an option and it has caused us problems at away matches as we've had our allocation reduced because of it, it was reduced from 3,000 to 1,800 at Boro.

The club have gone as far as they can, they were asked for and created a singing section at a cost to the club.  It doesn't matter if it is the worst view in the ground, last season we charged away fans the full amount to get in and we've reduced this for our lot.

Don’t come on here moaning if the singing section ticket prices go up next season or if the club does something more drastic, it’s you own fault for repeatedly standing when told not to.

In a way a democracy relies on a mob rule in order to sustain any form of hierarchy. It's alway the majority who win in a democracy....i.e. when we vote for labour or conservative...very different but very similar...if you get me..

Very different.  For a start whether you like it or not, standing isn't going to be tolerated.

Protest all you want but don't moan when the club has to take a stance and do something, just remember why it happened.

The club hasn't got any say in the matter when it comes to standing and anybody who stands is asking to be thrown out because the club has to be seen to be doing something about it.  For somebody come on here and to find parts of the ground being closed down as being acceptable is madness. 

I'd rather stand than sit but it's not an option and it has caused us problems at away matches as we've had our allocation reduced because of it, it was reduced from 3,000 to 1,800 at Boro.

The club have gone as far as they can, they were asked for and created a singing section at a cost to the club.  It doesn't matter if it is the worst view in the ground, last season we charged away fans the full amount to get in and we've reduced this for our lot.

Don’t come on here moaning if the singing section ticket prices go up next season or if the club does something more drastic, it’s you own fault for repeatedly standing when told not to.

I've never condoned or said I would be happy for sections to be closed I merely made a suggestion that if people wanted Ashley out that bad like people originally claimed then a lack of ticket sales would hit him where it hurts.

When you think there is only half the police needed to cover the away fans now because of their location next to the glass I bet they are saving from that anyways, so I doubt the cost is that great for a few thousand people.

Also, whether it is the worst view in the ground is debateable, I would say its worse being front row than being back row to a certain degree. Can I ask you (not being funny) where do you actually sit, how often and have you ever sat in the singing section? It' just out of curiosity.

I wouldn;t moan about ticket prices going to the same as what I paid last year in the Middle Tier of the Leazes behind he goal. I moved to the singing section for the atmosphere not for a view or for the price...but I won't lie...the price was an extra point which lured me away.

Also about boro too, didn't we get a 3,000 allocation back this year again? People at the club, especially at clubs like boro where nee fucker turns up, are more bothered about them earning than a few thousand people standing imo. They know how far they can push.

It wouldn't hit Ashley in the pocket at all. He's after, and will probably sell us for £200-250m whether there's sections closed or not.

If anything it'll put off any potential buyer because why would they want to buy us when one of the major incomes, ticket sales, is dented because there's less seats allowed to be sold?

It wouldn't hit Ashley in the pocket at all. He's after, and will probably sell us for £200-250m whether there's sections closed or not.

If anything it'll put off any potential buyer because why would they want to buy us when one of the major incomes, ticket sales, is dented because there's less seats allowed to be sold?

I'm sure many peoples opinions on that matter were very different when the Keegan saga was ongoing. That's all I'm getting at. People seem to forget where they stood 3 months ago...

Yeah, but even 3 months ago they were wrong imo.

I think people are confusing Mike Ashley's pocket with the club's funds. Two completely seperate things.

Yeah, but even 3 months ago they were wrong imo.

I think people are confusing Mike Ashley's pocket with the club's funds. Two completely seperate things.

Aye I couldn't agree more mate, I never areed with protesting against Ashley and all that tbh, I was just using it to say like some people have double standards on here...

I just think people need to remember what the games werelike when they were younger, and need to understand what younger lads enjoy doing...which is actually exactly the same is 20/30 year ago.

And nar that's not necessarily The Clash, Rolling Stones ,Doctor Martins and skinheads/hairys. :lol:

I've never condoned or said I would be happy for sections to be closed I merely made a suggestion that if people wanted Ashley out that bad like people originally claimed then a lack of ticket sales would hit him where it hurts.

You're the only person that I've ever seen mention it anywhere.

When you think there is only half the police needed to cover the away fans now because of their location next to the glass I bet they are saving from that anyways, so I doubt the cost is that great for a few thousand people.

Multiply the number of people sitting in that end by the reduction and I'm sure it will be well over £500,000 per season.

Also, whether it is the worst view in the ground is debateable, I would say its worse being front row than being back row to a certain degree. Can I ask you (not being funny) where do you actually sit, how often and have you ever sat in the singing section? It' just out of curiosity.

I sit in the Leazes but not Level 7 although I have done but not since the singing section came about.

I mentioned the worst view because somebody else had said it, I agree that it isn't but the reduction in prices has nothing to do with the view.  It was to make it easier for younger people to attend games, you've shown the club were right to put some faith in you.

I wouldn;t moan about ticket prices going to the same as what I paid last year in the Middle Tier of the Leazes behind he goal. I moved to the singing section for the atmosphere not for a view or for the price...but I won't lie...the price was an extra point which lured me away.

All I'm saying is that if the price goes up, remember why.

Also about boro too, didn't we get a 3,000 allocation back this year again? People at the club, especially at clubs like boro where nee fucker turns up, are more bothered about them earning than a few thousand people standing imo. They know how far they can push.

The ticket allocation has nothing to do with the club, it's Middlesbrough Council.

You're the only person that I've ever seen mention it anywhere.

Multiply the number of people sitting in that end by the reduction and I'm sure it will be well over £500,000 per season.

I sit in the Leazes but not Level 7 although I have done but not since the singing section came about.

I mentioned the worst view because somebody else had said it, I agree that it isn't but the reduction in prices has nothing to do with the view.  It was to make it easier for younger people to attend games, you've shown the club were right to put some faith in you.

All I'm saying is that if the price goes up, remember why.

The ticket allocation has nothing to do with the club, it's Middlesbrough Council.

Fair enough with most of them, but it would probably be more like £300,000 a year... :razz:

You can not possibly tell me you never heard anyhting about boycotting games during that whole shite with Keegan though....

Fair enough with most of them, but it would probably be more like £300,000 a year... :razz:

You can not possibly tell me you never heard anyhting about boycotting games during that whole s**** with Keegan though....

Of course I've heard about boycotting, I haven't heard anybody trying to get parts of the ground closed down though.  You need to think about what the club have done, they've given you the singing section you wanted and you're now kicking them in the bollocks for it.

They went much further than anybody wanted because they knew that younger people don't get paid as much as the older fans.  They've done something which was promised by Sir John Hall but never implemented, they've introduced prices to suit every pocket, or at least gone a hell of a way to doing so.

Your argument isn’t with the club, it’s with the government and the local council, the club have no option but to enforce the no standing rule and that's not me condoning an arsehole who thinks he can assault people for standing.

Guest toonlass

Just had a look in my season ticket conditions. No where does it say if I don't sit down I will be walloped by a steward. Its not the fact that people were told to sit down that caused problems on Sunday, it IS A FACT that a bouncer (sorry steward) launched himself past at least 3 other people standing (who he seemed to have no problem with them standing btw) to hit a bloke who asked him a question. We know we are not supposed to stand, but for heavens sake people shouldn't be hit because they ask a question should they?

You can not possibly tell me you never heard anyhting about boycotting games during that whole s**** with Keegan though....

Of course I've heard about boycotting, I haven't heard anybody trying to get parts of the ground closed down though.  You need to think about what the club have done, they've given you the singing section you wanted and you're now kicking them in the bollocks for it.

They went much further than anybody wanted because they knew that younger people don't get paid as much as the older fans.  They've done something which was promised by Sir John Hall but never implemented, they've introduced prices to suit every pocket, or at least gone a hell of a way to doing so.

Your argument isn’t with the club, it’s with the government and the local council, the club have no option but to enforce the no standing rule and that's not me condoning an arsehole who thinks he can assault people for standing.

I was never condoning shutting part of the ground either, why cant you see that, are you too blind or something, I was merely putting it in as a rather poorly thought out suggestion that other members of this forum have double standards. We knows it's not the club we are arguing with, but at the end of the day you have to get on the clubs back to get them on side and other clubs alike, otherwise nowt will ever change. Until clubs get on the fans side about standing then no-one will ever get anywhere...if the club gets on side and other clubs follow suit eventually the governement will have to at leastput an investigation into it to see if it is worh following the efforts of the Germans with safe standing stadia.

Anyways, I'm going 'nd wont be back on before Christmas so hope you have a good one lads...... :thup:

I was never condoning shutting part of the ground either, why cant you see that, are you too blind or something, I was merely putting it in as a rather poorly thought out suggestion that other members of this forum have double standards. We knows it's not the club we are arguing with, but at the end of the day you have to get on the clubs back to get them on side and other clubs alike, otherwise nowt will ever change. Until clubs get on the fans side about standing then no-one will ever get anywhere...if the club gets on side and other clubs follow suit eventually the governement will have to at leastput an investigation into it to see if it is worh following the efforts of the Germans with safe standing stadia.

Anyways, I'm going 'nd wont be back on before Christmas so hope you have a good one lads...... :thup:

OK so you don't condone parts of the ground being closed but you're still the only person I've ever seen mention it.  As for the club backing safe standing, it's pointless as it's MP's who make the decisions and the club have to abide by that, no matter how they feel about it.

By the way, the Germans are looking at going all seater.  Franz Beckenbauer told the government: "You were right. We've got to go back to all-seater stadiums."

One steward said to a lad next to me on the back row ( why they start getting people to sit from back to front was beyond me put anyways ):

Bouncer: The cameras are looking at you all the time. ( As if we didn't already know , along with 30 coppers watching )

Fans: Gruntle

Bouncer: Just sit down for 2 minutes so it looks like Iv'e done my job up here , then you lot can stand all you want.

Fans: No Deal

Bouncer: Well fuck you's then

There doing there job yes , or trying sorry but come on , surely there has to be something done about them . I think if anything , there intimidating cunts who merely pick on the elderly on the young. Against stoke , 5 blocks standing in the " leazes corner " , there was one block with about 70 young uns in who were just standing at the back enjoying the game , and the next thing they know there is a meathead bouncer grabbing them by the scruff of the neck. Crazyness. Bring back the chinese and asian stewards , probablys cheaper , could actually have a laugh with them when they came up the stairs , they were very unproffesional , and failed at their job.

Good Luck at getting 3000 drunken scousers to sit down lads !!

Guest toonlass

ITs all part of safety really especially in Level 7 if you fall you take out those in front. I wish people would just accept it.

The problem though, is that people are allowed to stand in football stadia for other events, rugby, concerts etc. Football fans get treat like morons. I stand every day, and very rarely fall over, and cannot see why my risk of falling over increases dramatically when I am in a football stadium. It may surprise stewards, football stadium staff and city councils but loads of people find standing quite simple and risk free and some people can even walk whilst standing with a hardy few being able to jog and run too.

ITs all part of safety really especially in Level 7 if you fall you take out those in front. I wish people would just accept it.

The problem though, is that people are allowed to stand in football stadia for other events, rugby, concerts etc. Football fans get treat like morons. I stand every day, and very rarely fall over, and cannot see why my risk of falling over increases dramatically when I am in a football stadium. It may surprise stewards, football stadium staff and city councils but loads of people find standing quite simple and risk free and some people can even walk whilst standing with a hardy few being able to jog and run too.

Lets be honest overall football fans are the biggest dickheads in sport. I watch various other sport & in none of them is there segregation, look at the rumpus at SOL & outside St James Park last year.

Again though the only time someone is likely to fall is when I goal is scored or something big happens and there is no chance they can make people sit then. When people are just standing up and watching then chances of problems are virtually none.