Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

i'm really gonna enjoy hating owen for the rest of my life after he leaves, probably not fair as no rational human being of his footballing ability would want to stay with us now but if EVER a footballer owed a club anything he is high up the list the little shit

hope he cuts his fucking wrists on a gillette advert, or his timex watch explodes into his eye, or chokes on a drink of lucozade the rich, money grabbing little cunt

Guest toonlass

We should say to O'Neill, name your price for Owen now. Seems stupid to let him stay until the summer when he can walk away for nowt when we could get something for him if we sold him now.

We should say to O'Neill, name your price for Owen now. Seems stupid to let him stay until the summer when he can walk away for nowt when we could get something for him if we sold him now.

Who is going to get the goals if we sell him? We can't just rely on Martins with his recent injury record.

Who is going to get the goals if we sell him? We can't just rely on Martins with his recent injury record.

Or his finishing record!

Guest Stephen927

Owen's taking a bit of a gamble by leaving the decision to the end of the season. If he were to suffer another serious injury, I don't think we'd offer him a new deal and any club that was looking to do a deal would be a bit wary about it.

Could create a conflict of interest for him. Does he go for that 50-50 ball, or let it go incase he suffers a bad knock?

Saying that, Michael Owen is extremely important for this football club right now. Hope he gets back into goal scoring form like we saw earlier in the season.

His replacement I would have thought.

Guest toonlass

Yup, if we had sold him on at the start of the transfer window we could have moved for a replacement.

Owen's taking a bit of a gamble by leaving the decision to the end of the season. If he were to suffer another serious injury, I don't think we'd offer him a new deal and any club that was looking to do a deal would be a bit wary about it.

Could create a conflict of interest for him. Does he go for that 50-50 ball, or let it go incase he suffers a bad knock?

Saying that, Michael Owen is extremely important for this football club right now. Hope he gets back into goal scoring form like we saw earlier in the season.

The thing is, if he gets an injury and no-one comes in for him because of it, the contract we have is on the table, so he can sign it. If he doesn't get injured then he knows that Aston Villa and probably Tottenham will come in for him in the summer and it will cost them nowt in transfer fees freeing up the cash for his wages. Its a win-win for Owen and a no-win for Newcastle. Last thing we need is Owen signing on again if he gets injured. One thing for sure though, if he is injury free then he will be off in the summer.

Yup, if we had sold him on at the start of the transfer window we could have moved for a replacement.

The thing is, if he gets an injury and no-one comes in for him because of it, the contract we have is on the table, so he can sign it. If he doesn't get injured then he knows that Aston Villa and probably Tottenham will come in for him in the summer and it will cost them nowt in transfer fees freeing up the cash for his wages. Its a win-win for Owen and a no-win for Newcastle. Last thing we need is Owen signing on again if he gets injured. One thing for sure though, if he is injury free then he will be off in the summer.

No chance the club would give him a new contract if he picks up a serious injury between now and the end of the season.

Guest toonlass

He has been offered the contract. Its there waiting to be signed. He didn't refuse the one offered before christmas, just delayed signing it.

He has been offered the contract. Its there waiting to be signed. He didn't refuse the one offered before christmas, just delayed signing it.

The club can withdraw that offer when they like as long as Owen doesn't have a contract in his possession waiting to sign which is unlikely.

From what I remember the offer of a contract was there but his agent didn't sit down with the club and sort out terms/clauses etc.

Guest michaelfoster

Owen never wanted to be here, just wanted a huge payday, its been obvious from day 1, and to think we have paid £16m transfer fee,  £25m in wages plus i woudlnt be suprised if we have paid around another £10-15m in bonues & sign on fees.

Hope he signs for Villa or Spurs then gets injured for the season.

Guest Stephen927

Owen never wanted to be here, just wanted a huge payday, its been obvious from day 1, and to think we have paid £16m transfer fee,  £25m in wages plus i woudlnt be suprised if we have paid around another £10-15m in bonues & sign on fees.

Hope he signs for Villa or Spurs then gets injured for the season.

Owen didn't make any secret that he was hesitant about signing for us, we simply offered a ridiculous amount that we knew Liverpool couldn't match.

If everything had gone to plan, Owen would have bagged loads of goals, possibly got us back into Europe, then left to pastures new at a big club. Unfortunately everything went pear-shaped which is a great shame.

We still should have sold him in this window, and brought someone else in who actually wants to be here.

You can't sell someone who doesn't want to leave. No way would Owen go to who Newcastle sold him to. He's got the world at his feet when he's out of contract in the Summer.

<b>Owen is gone in the summer. It's almost 100% certain.</b> So, if we could bring in another striker for him and get some transfer money, then I don't think it would be a terrible deal at this point.

Please enlighten me to which one of the top 4 he is going to exactly........... ?

I won't cry if owen leaves he is overpaid and not what we need at the moment in my opinion. His wages could fund two -  three up and coming stars who would no doubt put more effort in and we would end up with more goals as a result of that. Yes owen is a goalscorer and has a good record but a fair few of his goals have been consolation goals and apart from scoring(which means a lot I know) he does very little in games and has no effect against a lot of teams. Something you would expect for a 17mil striker on 100+ grand a week like he should be fucking running games

<b>Owen is gone in the summer. It's almost 100% certain.</b> So, if we could bring in another striker for him and get some transfer money, then I don't think it would be a terrible deal at this point.

Please enlighten me to which one of the top 4 he is going to exactly........... ?

Why top 4? Aston Villa and Man City offer better prospects than Newcastle.

Why top 4? Aston Villa and Man City offer better prospects than Newcastle.

He would only go to one of the Big 4 clubs I would of thought and those clubs interest is unlikely.

He would only go to one of the Big 4 clubs I would of thought and those clubs interest is unlikely.

Well Martin O'Neill has already commented on Owen this week. He neither confirmed nor denied interest but if he can get him on a free in the Summer it's a definite possibility. I assume you're thinking Owen will only go where the massive salaries are? I think he'd swap that for a crack at the top 4 and European football. There has already been a rumour that he has agreed to join Man City. I didn't think it before but if Man U don't keep Tevez maybe they wouldn't mind Owen on a free? They did get Henrik Larsson after all.