Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

I don't see why people are calling for this thread to be locked. The reason I posted in it was because Owen made a veiled attack on his former NUFC team mates. I don't see why that should have passed without comment.

Is that where he said something like "its a pleasure playing with players who know what they are doing"?

I thought that was a cuntish thing to say.

Do you work for The Sun? :razz: He said about liking playing with players who are on the same wavelength as him.

So fuck if it is a veiled criticism, they were fucking shite last season

It's funny how everyone else in the team was on the wrong wavelength and he was on the right wavelength. Yes our players were crap last year and that includes Owen. He just thinks he's above criticism.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8157129.stm

The 29-year-old said: "It's just nice to play with players who are on your wavelength, spotting your runs - they are just class players.

"It's a nice feeling (to score) and it's nice to play a game in the red shirt.

"Just to get off the mark for the season is nice, and it's probably doubly good for me as it's my first game as well."

Shola scored two yesterday so fuck off, we don't need you!

;)

Sorry to those who are sick of reading about him. I suggest you avoid this thread.

Owen's become very chatty since leaving.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5440384,00.html

Owen hurt by criticism

Red Devils ace unhappy at misrepresentation

Last updated: 18th July 2009

Manchester United striker Michael Owen concedes he is hurt by criticism for his time at Newcastle United.

While The Magpies are contemplating life in the Championship, Owen is looking forward to a season with the Premier League champions following his free transfer switch to Old Trafford.

Owen has been blasted for his role in Newcastle's inability to retain their top-flight status, although the 29-year-old marksman feels most of the comments are unfair.

The former Real Madrid and Liverpool ace is unhappy his personal life has been thrown into the fray, whereas if he had been successful on the pitch those elements would have been in the positive column.

Unfair

"You learn to understand the reaction but if you do step back, you think it is strange or unfair," he said.

"When you are being relegated, nobody is interested in listening to you. But I knew it was all to do with me not scoring.

"If you don't score and you don't win, you are wrong to have a helicopter and fly home each week to see your kids. You are wrong to have a business outside of football. You are wrong to plan for the future.

"If the goals had been going in I would have been a great lad, popping home to see my three kids and be a family man on a Tuesday after training. I would have been thoughtful and innocent little things would not be misrepresented."

So he did have a helicopter and flew home during the week. I remember reading that he had a property near Bolam Lake and his kids were settled in local schools. Whatever happened to that?

I'd love to see him back at SJP sometime, the abuse would be absolutely vicious. Can't see it though, even if we were to draw them in the cup or get promoted (Arf!), I think the spineless little cunt would bottle it.

"IF" is a wonderful word isnt it Michael. The fact is the goals werent going in so the fingers were pointing at you as much as the rest of the team.

Nice of him to admit that he didnt feel enough about the club in the 4 years here to have a home here.

Couldn't give two f*cks about him or what he does at Man Utd or England in the future, but I love the fact that a lot of the people wanting the thread closed, etc. are the same people who a month ago were mocking him when he was linked with Hull & Stoke. :lol:

Pretty sure there was quite a bit far more to blame for our relegation than Owen being made captain lol

He'll do well for Man U, its beyond obvious. If half of you werent so bitter, you'd realise the comment he made was very accurate.

What tripe. Don't let the Man U supporting rags tell you what to think about Owen (as it would appear)

Owen's performances (when he could be bothered) were appalling. He was the captain (supposedly)

He's put more effort into it for Man U in one friendly than he did in an entire season here.

He contributed to our relegation, and no one said he was the only cause. For chrissakes, what was the rumblings against those who DID play (like Collo) if not ?

Congrats pal - one the daftest posts on this subject for 100 pages.

I didnt say anyone claimed he was the only cause either did i. But many of you are SEVERELY blowing it out of proportion. Ive spoken on this bs so many times by this point that its beyond laughable.

Any with half of a brain would realise michael Owen was the least of our issues. Nowhere close to being even half significant in the reason we were relegated.

The bitterness spouted on here is joke now a manager with some common sense has agreed that oh shit, michael owens actually still quite obviously has ability. The only point i agree on is that he shouldnt have been captain, thats about it.

Guest ObaStar

he fucking talks in the press everyday now. he goes 2 years as captain saying like 1 thing in the press about his contract. never anything to try and boost the team and at man u for 1 week and already like 6 press statements.

Anyone with half of a brain would realise michael Owen was the least of our issues. Nowhere close to being even half significant in the reason we were relegated.

The bitterness spouted on here is joke now a manager with some common sense has agreed that oh shit, michael owens actually still quite obviously has ability. The only point i agree on is that he shouldnt have been captain, thats about it.

I agree with that pretty much, he was overpaid, annoying and didn't achieve anything for us... but there are another 20 or so players in the squad like that.

Guest iliketoonarmy

Anyone with half of a brain would realise michael Owen was the least of our issues. Nowhere close to being even half significant in the reason we were relegated.

The bitterness spouted on here is joke now a manager with some common sense has agreed that oh s***, michael owens actually still quite obviously has ability. The only point i agree on is that he shouldnt have been captain, thats about it.

I agree with that pretty much, he was overpaid, annoying and didn't achieve anything for us... but there are another 20 or so players in the squad like that.

There's nothing wrong with your statement. Nothing wrong, at all.

Thing is that he deserves more blame than the other players because he was the club fucking captain.

Guest neesy111

i now believe the little cunt wasn't trying at all in his last 3 months so the club could get relegated to make his escape from the club a hell a lot easier

i now believe the little cunt wasn't trying at all in his last 3 months so the club could get relegated to make his escape from the club a hell a lot easier

That doesn't really make any sense, he was out of contract anyway wasn't he?

That doesn't really make any sense, he was out of contract anyway wasn't he?

Yeah, that's right. If anything, him managing to "fire us to safety" would have made any potential move a lot easier for him.

I feel sorry for him. He clearly never wanted to be here and only ever came for the money.

To me, that speaks volumes about the empty, soulless turd of a man that he is.

True Scousers hated him for the Real Madrid debacle already.

All that money, but no style, and no class. Tragic.

Guest neesy111

tbh, he's scoring against team's i would expect shola to score against

just wait till he plays a decent premiership team and he'll be found out

Guest firetotheworks

found out? I doubt it, I think this is all because we know he'll probably do alright for them. Not that I want him to, but he'll be surrounded by players that will supply him with his selfish supply. The end of the season when we had a quality set up with Keegan proved that. He'll probably do well, but I hope he doesnt. I dont want to say any more than that though, because quite frankly Im sick of the sight of this fucking thread.

Guest eltsacwen

scored again

To be fair even i would score against that side.

In comparison Ameobi has 3 pre-season goals...

found out? I doubt it, I think this is all because we know he'll probably do alright for them. Not that I want him to, but he'll be surrounded by players that will supply him with his selfish supply. The end of the season when we had a quality set up with Keegan proved that. He'll probably do well, but I hope he doesnt. I dont want to say any more than that though, because quite frankly Im sick of the sight of this f***ing thread.

Yup - he's going to try his arse off next season, he'll get the supply and he'll score goals. We're going to hate it but people need to get used to it and move on. He was a disastrous signing for us, you cannot build a side around Michael Owen and if a club like us pay £17 million then it needs to be for someone who you can build around. It was a case of wrong player, wrong club. Ridiculous decision to make him captain, he is quite clearly not a leader and never will be. His faults were on full view at the end but the club is not blameless  IMO.