Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

Guest Magpie007

If theres one phrase that springs to mind over this it's

*CHEATS ALWAYS PROSPER*

If I was given three wishes by a passing genie, then one of them would be that Owen does his usual thing of 50% of the season on the sick list, and he misses a penalty in the last minute of the last game of the season which relegates Man U.

Not going to happen of course anyways, because I have no doubt that Fergie has made sure that Owen has many clauses in his contract regarding his fondness for being on the sick, and not pulling his weight when he's needed.

good luck to the lad I hope it works out well for him.

I hope that isn't f******** serious. :dave:

no point in being a bitter a fit in form Owen could help England do well in the world cup

The only thing that Owen can do for England is lower the standard of the team. Capello never liked him before he bombed at Newcastle with his miserable attitude.

Between now and next summer, Capello has to find a couple of in form strikers for the squad in addition to Rooney.  And if you can motivate Owen, he still has the instincts in front of goal.  I wouldn't completely discount the possibility that he could recapture some form and become the new Teddy Sheringham, for Man U and England. 

Having said that, I agree with you and I don't think he will be in South Africa.  Not because he has lost the ability to play that role, but because he doesn't seem to care and his injury record is appalling. 

Guest The Libertine

No idea about this 'let us down' arguement' - just baffling.  

He was shite in all of the above tournaments genius

you say that like every player was great except owen. most players let us down in those tournaments, thats why we didnt get very far in them.

scrap that... you're including the Euro's.

brb

The same Owen who let us down in 2000, 2002, 2004 and to a lesser extent in 2006 could help us win the world cup? He wont even be there, and rightfully so.

how the f*** did you guess?

He was s**** in all of the above tournaments genius

you say that like every player was great except owen. most players let us down in those tournaments, thats why we didnt get very far in them.

'most' is over the top.

Guest The Libertine

He was s**** in all of the above tournaments genius

'most' is over the top.

at least half then.

Owen and this I played this many last season this many the seaosn before shit, all he is doing is proving he played games but hardly ever scored, well done confirm your shit!!

Guest firetotheworks

Forget this international stuff man. I want to hear peoples opinions on who is better. Owen or Martins?

The same Owen who let us down in 2000, 2002, 2004 and to a lesser extent in 2006 could help us win the world cup? He wont even be there, and rightfully so.

Again, no way would I consider Owen to have let England down at E2000 and WC2002.

I see it more as 3 goals in 8 games whilst playing well and being a threat. And then 1 goals in 7 whilst being pretty much useless.

What's that strange, unfamiliar thing on Owen's face. I've never seen him with one of those before. Hang on, its coming to me, it's.....it's......

OMfuckingG its a SMILE!!!!!

Something him and his PR people worked on over the last couple of months.

The fucking soulless android that he is.

Owen and this I played this many last season this many the seaosn before shit, all he is doing is proving he played games but hardly ever scored, well done confirm your shit!!

I don't understand this at all, but the passion of it forces me to agree with Skirge.

I don't understand this at all, but the passion of it forces me to agree with Skirge.

He gets me that way too. I've invented a word for it, it's called "Skirge-tastic".

Definition: "to do something that is somewhat very Skirgey"