Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

"There are not enough foreigners in English football"

Which red wine supping idiot is responsible for that stupid assertion?

I would say there are too many. This means young players aren't given a chance as proven foreign player can be brought in rather than giving a young player a chance.

I would say there are too many. This means young players aren't given a chance as proven foreign player can be brought in rather than giving a young player a chance.

Nah, more foreigners in the league is a symptom of a lack of good english players, not a cause.

Nah, more foreigners in the league is a symptom of a lack of good english players, not a cause.

Not originally, it was because of lower wages in other european countries incentivising clubs to search abroad for cheaper talent, the opening of EU labour laws and the increasing lucrativeness of English football.

Forces of competition and open markets in a nutshell.

Not originally, it was because of lower wages in other european countries incentivising clubs to search abroad for cheaper talent, the opening of EU labour laws and the increasing lucrativeness of English football.

It was still cheaper to bring a youth player through to the first team, there just weren't/aren't enough good English players.

It was still cheaper to bring a youth player through to the first team, there just weren't/aren't enough good English players.

Who would have presented a risk if they didnt have experience, whereas an import usually came with experience. There were some young talents brought over but originally it was experienced players who started the trend.

meaningless goal anyway.

Pint of bitter?  :lol: :lol:

Oh sorry, didn't realise how impotant it is to score a 4th when you're 3-0 up. :frantic:

I predict a server meltdown when he scores a winner.

meaningless goal anyway.

Oh sorry, didn't realise how impotant it is to score a 4th when you're 3-0 up. :frantic:

It's not meaningless. This isn't just any old goal. It's a Michael Owen goal. :D :lol:

meaningless goal anyway.

It's not meaningless. This isn't just any old goal. It's a Michael Owen goal. :D :lol:

They've just scored a 5th. Thank god Owen was there today! :lol: