Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

Another meaningless goal by Owen.  How many big goals did he score for us to give us a 1-0 or score against the top teams?  Not many I think.

Wigan were already on their knees and wiped out when he came on making scoring a lot easier.

The man's a greedy little shit

Tbh you can say all goals he scored last year were meaningless because we went down, but at the time there some important ones, Stoke, Bolton (h) Pompey away off the top of my head.

FFS, it's written that he's going to do well for them. We're toon fans, have to get used to soul-shattering disappointments and by now should've learned to take injustice as the norm.

Us getting relegated by a single point being the case in point. Calling for Sheph's head and ending up with Ashley. Shearer coming to toon and us not winning s*** for him. List can go on, as we all know.

We should stop giving a flying f*** about the midget, but it's tough as it hurts to see him do well, but meh. All part and parcel of being a toon fan. :razz:

With posts like that you make Newcastle United sound like the perfect club for emos, sadsacks and nutcases.

:whistle:

..Now you come to mention it....!!

Guest Phil K

With posts like that you make Newcastle United sound like the perfect club for emos, sadsacks and nutcases.

:whistle:

And it isn't ?

I'd take Owen if he gets 15 goals for Man Utd, it's a cliché but he could hopefully build up an understanding with Rooney and Carrick and that would give us a huge advantage, even if he's a sub.

Rooney

Defoe

Owen

Heskey

Would be my four.

I'd take Owen if he gets 15 goals for Man Utd, it's a cliché but he could hopefully build up an understanding with Rooney and Carrick and that would give us a huge advantage, even if he's a sub.

Rooney

Defoe

Owen

Heskey

Would be my four.

Three of them rather small.

Guest The Libertine

We all know he doesn't do it against the good defences, his record in the euros and the world cups post 1998 is appalling man.

To take him ahead of Darrent Bent, Crouch or Walcott would be criminal

walcott hasnt done anything to deserve selection, like the last time. i wouldnt even say he's improved since arsenal bought him.

Who else? Crouch? An absolute no for me. Maybe Carlton Cole if he has a good season.

Cole scored a blinder for west ham today, great close control which he showed all afternoon. He then handed the ball to Defoe for him to score.

Owen's goal was by no means the most impressive of the five. He also came on when Wigan were already well beaten. Yet he's the one who's getting the headlines.

That kind of thing is going to become a serious irritant to his team mates.

Guest The Libertine

Owen's goal was by no means the most impressive of the five. He also came on when Wigan were already well beaten. Yet he's the one who's getting the headlines.

That kind of thing is going to become a serious irritant to his team mates.

so not only does he have to score the best goal of the game it also has to be the winner? the last line is bollocks too.

tough crowd.

We all know he doesn't do it against the good defences, his record in the euros and the world cups post 1998 is appalling man.

To take him ahead of Darrent Bent, Crouch or Walcott would be criminal

walcott hasnt done anything to deserve selection, like the last time. i wouldnt even say he's improved since arsenal bought him.

Ofcourse he's improved, he's done loads to justify selection in comparison to last time. Hes been injured recently so hes been out of the news for a while thats all.