Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

what on earth are you on about ? Do you seriously think all this waffle will influence his decision  mackems.gif

:sleepy2:

I don;t think I'll be the only one wondering what your pretty lame reply is all about. You just can't find it in you to criticise soopa mike for anything can you  bluelaugh.gif

You can reply constructively to my previous post if you like, I don't bite  bluelaugh.gif

Will you be happy if Shepherds despicable "trophy signing" signs a new contract  :lol:

The unpredictable nature of Mike Ashley's ownership of Newcastle United was revealed again yesterday when Michael Owen received a four-year contract offer – not three years as has been reported – and at a salary believed to be around £90,000 per week, not £80,000.

That is still a pay cut from Owen's present contract but nonetheless represents a commitment of £18m over four years to the 29-year-old striker. Add it to Joe Kinnear's recent statement that he has been given assurances of spending at least £12m in January and Ashley's regime could be considered to have a long-term plan as well as a desire to sell up.

Senior figures at St James' Park are understood to have begun to speak about "next season" in operational matters and with Ashley admitting at the weekend that he has received no credible bid for the club, it seems he has been forced to produce a financial strategy for 2009 and 2010.

There is also a growing belief that Ashley will return to St James' on a matchday soon and take up a seat in the directors' box. But there is no plan to rejoin fans in the Newcastle end at away games.

There is still silence from Ashley and from the managing director Derek Llambias but a statement of intent, allied to new signings, would help create an atmosphere of possible acceptance among Newcastle supporters.

With January approaching, Kinnear needs to get some guarantees about players' futures. Owen is only one of them. It is not known if he will sign the deal he has been presented with but Newcastle appear to have made a staggering offer, one that his advisors will do well to replicate or better elsewhere.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/owen-offered-fouryear-deal-as-ashley-invests-1192631.html

I take it that you - and numerous others - are now prepared to accept that these so called despicable "trophy signings" are in fact the way to go, in view of the ridicule heaped on them in the past ? The desperation to keep a player who has previously carried this label would be funny if it weren't so tragic.

Just a general comment like, and a sensible reply with an acceptance of the fact that you got it all wrong, would be in order.

Fancy realising we need to keep our best players, and pay the going rate ? Whatever next, Ashley might realise similar calibre players alongside him would be even better, that is if it isn't too late to persuade Owen to sign for a club that he believes may have some sort of ambition and be worth extending for ?

i reckon he'd shift out sharpish if souness,roeder or allardyce are appointed.

:boomboom:

he signed when Souness was boss ...boom boom .........

got me there.

bet he wouldn't fall for it again.

The unpredictable nature of Mike Ashley's ownership of Newcastle United was revealed again yesterday when Michael Owen received a four-year contract offer – not three years as has been reported – and at a salary believed to be around £90,000 per week, not £80,000.

That is still a pay cut from Owen's present contract but nonetheless represents a commitment of £18m over four years to the 29-year-old striker. Add it to Joe Kinnear's recent statement that he has been given assurances of spending at least £12m in January and Ashley's regime could be considered to have a long-term plan as well as a desire to sell up.

Senior figures at St James' Park are understood to have begun to speak about "next season" in operational matters and with Ashley admitting at the weekend that he has received no credible bid for the club, it seems he has been forced to produce a financial strategy for 2009 and 2010.

There is also a growing belief that Ashley will return to St James' on a matchday soon and take up a seat in the directors' box. But there is no plan to rejoin fans in the Newcastle end at away games.

There is still silence from Ashley and from the managing director Derek Llambias but a statement of intent, allied to new signings, would help create an atmosphere of possible acceptance among Newcastle supporters.

With January approaching, Kinnear needs to get some guarantees about players' futures. Owen is only one of them. It is not known if he will sign the deal he has been presented with but Newcastle appear to have made a staggering offer, one that his advisors will do well to replicate or better elsewhere.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/owen-offered-fouryear-deal-as-ashley-invests-1192631.html

I take it that you - and numerous others - are now prepared to accept that these so called despicable "trophy signings" are in fact the way to go, in view of the ridicule heaped on them in the past ? The desperation to keep a player who has previously carried this label would be funny if it weren't so tragic.

Just a general comment like, and a sensible reply with an acceptance of the fact that you got it all wrong, would be in order.

Fancy realising we need to keep our best players, and pay the going rate ? Whatever next, Ashley might realise similar calibre players alongside him would be even better, that is if it isn't too late to persuade Owen to sign for a club that he believes may have some sort of ambition and be worth extending for ?

got me there.

oh well, if we finish 7th - as we did under Roeder, a position matched only twice in almost 40 years before 1992 and the Halls and Shepherd, maybe he might.

We willl have to wait and see.

I don't remember saying Owen was a trophy signing.

As for players of his calibre, didn't we sign 2 Argentina Internationals in the Summer that blew your socks off? How many players of this calibre do you think we should sign in one window? Also, when was the last time you raved about 3 signings we've made in one window as much as you have about Jonas, Coloccini and Bassong?

got me there.

oh well, if we finish 7th - as we did under Roeder, a position matched only twice in almost 40 years before 1992 and the Halls and Shepherd, maybe he might.

We willl have to wait and see.

thats like a forest fan saying  "win the league like we did under clough"....thats not where we were or the direction in which we were going and you know it.

I'll happily put my neck on the line and say he was a trophy signing. Im from the school of building a good team then dotting it with stars, not vica versa, like Keegan and SBR.

Now that we seem to have a good team i think its a smarter move to sign him up, might as well.

I'll happily put my neck on the line and say he was a trophy signing. Im from the school of building a good team then dotting it with stars, not vica versa, like Keegan and SBR.

Now that we seem to have a good team i think its a smarter move to sign him up, might as well.

take your head out of the sand and change "trophy" to "great" and it would be a major step forward for you and many others.

I'm not surprised in the slightest that MICK can't find it in himself to admit that Shepherd has trumped soopa mike in the ambition stakes.

As for players of his calibre, didn't we sign 2 Argentina Internationals in the Summer that blew your socks off? How many players of this calibre do you think we should sign in one window? Also, when was the last time you raved about 3 signings we've made in one window as much as you have about Jonas, Coloccini and Bassong?

Your DOF bollocks has failed kiddah, thats why Keegan left. I've told you before, there is no point in finding a couple of "bargains" and then undermining your manager and making a profit in the transfer window.

2nd rate.

Even your spurs darlings have realised your much vaunted DOF bollocks was exactly that.

Meanwhile, we are in a real relegation fight, and the club is in dissarary, yet you think everything is just great  :lol:

take your head out of the sand and change "trophy" to "great" and it would be a major step forward for you and many others.

I'm not surprised in the slightest that MICK can't find it in himself to admit that Shepherd has trumped soopa mike in the ambition stakes.

:lol: Too easy sometimes. Back from the pub i take it?

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

No.

Whats the matter with going to the pub ? Do you prefer to watch come dancing on TV or something  :lol:

No.

Whats the matter with going to the pub ? Do you prefer to watch come dancing on TV or something  :lol:

I've heard he's mesmerised by come dancing.

and with the expected lack of a constructive reply, I'll go and get some shuteye now.

Quite amazing that some people blame me for these sort of threads when I get a response like that  bluelaugh.gif

Your DOF bollocks has failed kiddah, thats why Keegan left. I've told you before, there is no point in finding a couple of "bargains" and then undermining your manager and making a profit in the transfer window.

2nd rate.

Even your spurs darlings have realised your much vaunted DOF bollocks was exactly that.

Meanwhile, we are in a real relegation fight, and the club is in dissarary, yet you think everything is just great  :lol:

You didn't answer my questions or point out where I said Owen was a trophy signing.

If you want people to have a serious debate with you then you're not going about it the right way.

and with the expected lack of a constructive reply, I'll go and get some shuteye now.

Quite amazing that some people blame me for these sort of threads when I get a response like that  bluelaugh.gif

Thank f**k.

It's a pity we didn't go for the cheaper Anelka who has played over twice as many games and scored twice as many goals in the time Owen has played 56 games and scored 25 goals.

Well, we could have gone for the cheaper Xisco ?

Never mind, I realise you are secretly pleased with the huge progress we've made since soopa mike came in and showed us all how to bring top players to the club and attempt to get into the UEFA cup never mind the Champions League.

You must be feeling at home now, having an owner who is happy with top league survival ? So long as you aren't "embarrassed" then  bluelaugh.gif

Quite amazing that some people blame me for these sort of threads when I get a response like that   bluelaugh.gif

Thank f**k.

Needs to sleep off all that shandy.