Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

So, when Owen goes, which player at our club will the media claim is desperate to get out of Newcastle? Seeing as they have been spouting the same horse shit since he signed. Id fucking love it if he extended his contract.

Guest Howaythetoon

Owen out of Toon fears

By SHAUN CUSTIS and STEVE HAWKES

MIKE ASHLEY has admitted there is nothing he can do to stop Michael Owen quitting Newcastle.

And the Toon owner hinted Owen could join Manchester City.

Ashley said: “We’d love Michael Owen to stay. Newcastle want him to stay but we have to look at what we can spend when other clubs like Man City do not.

“The guy at City is about 1,000 times wealthier than me. I haven’t got his kind of money.

“If Man City want Owen, there’s nothing I can do about it.”

Ashley, who still wants to sell Newcastle, formally offered the striker a new three-year deal worth £80,000 a week.

But Owen has shown no inclination to sign it and is expected to leave on a free when his contract runs out in the summer.

Toon boss Joe Kinnear has publicly stated Owen, 29, will not be sold in next month’s transfer window even though Newcastle could make money from a fee.

Kinnear believes, with Newcastle threatened by relegation, the club would be mad to let their best player leave for a few million and risk £50m by dropping out of the Premier League.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2049180.ece

Blatantly inviting offers from the likes of Man City.

But still the sun shines out of this man's arse to some :lol:

He's silent for months, and then it gets to a time when a bit of professionalism from the club needs to shown in a bid to keep hold of one of our best players, and with the transfer window approaching and he starts coming out with shite. Great.

Guest Howaythetoon
"If Man City want Owen, there’s nothing I can do about it."

"If Man City want Owen, put an offer on the table for him"

Ashley is a businessman, he will not want to see Owen walk away for free at the end of the season. He knows Owen has no intention of staying beyond the terms of his current deal so Ashley offers him a deal he knows won't be accepted to look like he's trying his best to keep the player and with the size of the offer saying to fans look how ambitious we are, when in reality he's hoping to sell him now to get some money out of it. Owen will leave us in Jan and Kinnear will be told to replace him with some donkey from the lower leagues or some cheap foreign import. After all, Kinnear can turn dogshit into solid gold... being better than Capello and on the verge of European football.

:angry:

"If Man City want Owen, theres nothing I can do about it."

Ashley is a businessman, he will not want to see Owen walk away for free at the end of the season. He knows Owen has no intention of staying beyond the terms of his current deal so Ashley offers him a deal he knows won't be accepted to look like he's trying his best to keep the player and with the size of the offer saying to fans look how ambitious we are, when in reality he's hoping to sell him now to get some money out of it. Owen will leave us in Jan and Kinnear will be told to replace him with some donkey from the lower leagues or some cheap foreign import. After all, Kinnear can turn dogshit into solid gold... being better than Capello and on the verge of European football.

For all this to happen, don't Man City also need to want to pay a sizeable fee in January and doesn't Owen also need to be ready to go there? Not to mention Ashley being ready to risk the club's premier status for a few million quid. I'm not sure you've got your finger on the pulse there HTT mate.

Guest Howaythetoon

The club are only offering him this deal to save face as they know fine well he does not want to be here further than the current deal has him tied to the club, so when he does leave they can say to the fans "we tried" and Owen will foot the blame.

This kind of deal should have been offered the moment KK wanted him tied down, a time when Owen was willing to commit to more years.

This is a cynical attempt to look ambitious.

correct

So was it a cynical attempt to look ambitious when we bid for Rooney?

At the time I thought it was, but Rooney has since said we were after him and had Man Utd not come in for him he'd have joined us so it appears to have been a genuine bid, although I still think it was also a cynical attempt to look ambitious at the same time.

Guest Howaythetoon

"If Man City want Owen, there’s nothing I can do about it."

For all this to happen, don't Man City also need to want to pay a sizeable fee in January and doesn't Owen also need to be ready to go there? Not to mention Ashley being ready to risk the club's premier status for a few million quid. I'm not sure you've got your finger on the pulse there HTT mate.

Not unlike our owner then...

Ashley thinks we will qualify for Europe and that Kinnear is better than Capello so we won't be going down, with or without Owen. In his deluded mind anyway.

His latest quotes are a blatant attempt to invite offers for Owen.

bit worrying if true. i'd rather see him go for free in the summer than accept £8m for him in January, money that is not guaranteed to be reinvested which doesnt go that far these days anyway. short-term, we arent going to get anyone better than Owen.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think any decent bid for any of our players will be accepted in Jan. If rumours are to be believed, the club were inviting offers for a number of them even back in the summer right up until the last day of the transfer window, Joey Barton had to inform Sky he wasn't going to Everton or Portsmouth FFS.

I think any decent bid for any of our players will be accepted in Jan. If rumours are to be believed, the club were inviting offers for a number of them even back in the summer right up until the last day of the transfer window, Joey Barton had to inform Sky he wasn't going to Everton or Portsmouth FFS.

Sorry, that's complete rubbish. Why would 'any decent bid' for any of our players be accepted? I know Ashley wants to sell, but the man doesn't want relegation and a massive reduction in the value of his asset.

There's no reason at all to think what you're saying is true.

Guest The Libertine

you talk so much shit its unreal. it was bad before but with your latest agenda its almost parody.

barton said he wasnt going because....he wasnt going maybe? as far as we all know, portsmouth bid, we rejected the offer, end of story. or at least the real story as it got spun and twisted to say that we were trying to offload him.

Sorry, that's complete rubbish. Why would 'any decent bid' for any of our players be accepted? I know Ashley wants to sell, but the man doesn't want relegation and a massive reduction in the value of his asset.

Except, of course, the media reports of Wise & Llabias et al coming to Keegan with a list of key players with a price attached to each and every one of them. They may well want to avoid relegation, but there's no reason to believe they've somehow stopped being interested in cashing in on the players.

Except, of course, the media reports of Wise & Llabias et al coming to Keegan with a list of key players with a price attached to each and every one of them. They may well want to avoid relegation, but there's no reason to believe they've somehow stopped being interested in cashing in on the players.

I don't believe they ever were interested in 'cashing in' on anyone. Those media reports you talk about are nothing more than rumours, probably bollocks.

Man City can buy anyone I doubt they will go for Owen, but ASshley seems to have found his voice lets see if he can says the words " I am so so fkn sorry for all the s*** I have caused"

People like Ashley don't get where they are by apologising to people, I doubt we'll ever get an apology.

JOE Kinnear today insisted he is optimistic about his chances of persuading Michael Owen to stay at Newcastle United.

He revealed he spent more than an hour discussing the three-year deal which is on the table with the striker at the club's training ground on Tuesday.

Kinnear said: "I spent more than an hour with him a couple of days ago. He's had what I consider to be a very good offer.

"It's three years, and that would bring him up to the age of 32.

"I'm optimistic. I'm more optimistic having spent that amount of time with him.

"He will get together with his agent now and come back to me. We'll certainly find out in the next two or three days."

Kinnear also reiterated that there is no way nine-goal Owen will be sold in next month's transfer window.

He said: "I would prefer to have Michael Owen than any amount of cash. He's fit and well, scoring goals, and looking a real threat."

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/Joe-39optimistic39-after-talks-with.4805613.jp

Confirmed its a 4 year deal then.....

Man City can buy anyone I doubt they will go for Owen, but ASshley seems to have found his voice lets see if he can says the words " I am so so fkn sorry for all the s*** I have caused"

People like Ashley don't get where they are by apologising to people, I doubt we'll ever get an apology.

I think we need a mass apology session, where the fans apologise for being reactionary morons, Keegan apologies for being a volatile mutherfucker who never finishes a job, and Ashley apologies for being so spineless and plunging the club into turmoil.

A real air clear. :lol:

Owen out of Toon fears

By SHAUN CUSTIS and STEVE HAWKES

MIKE ASHLEY has admitted there is nothing he can do to stop Michael Owen quitting Newcastle.

And the Toon owner hinted Owen could join Manchester City.

Ashley said: “We’d love Michael Owen to stay. Newcastle want him to stay but we have to look at what we can spend when other clubs like Man City do not.

“The guy at City is about 1,000 times wealthier than me. I haven’t got his kind of money.

“If Man City want Owen, there’s nothing I can do about it.”

Ashley, who still wants to sell Newcastle, formally offered the striker a new three-year deal worth £80,000 a week.

But Owen has shown no inclination to sign it and is expected to leave on a free when his contract runs out in the summer.

Toon boss Joe Kinnear has publicly stated Owen, 29, will not be sold in next month’s transfer window even though Newcastle could make money from a fee.

Kinnear believes, with Newcastle threatened by relegation, the club would be mad to let their best player leave for a few million and risk £50m by dropping out of the Premier League.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2049180.ece

Blatantly inviting offers from the likes of Man City.

But still the sun shines out of this man's arse to some :lol:

Have to say (and it pains me to say this  :no:) but i think i agree with HTT here, seems like a bit of PR exercise knowing that Man City are interested in him.