Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

Even when he's not on form, not fully fit and not in the game there is no other player in our squad I'd rather a chance fall to or feel anywhere near as confident in when it comes to scoring goals on a consistent basis which Michael Owen does aplenty when he plays.

Yes he would be great if we could get the ball falling in the right place on the spot without any defenders in the way I agree.

Guest Howaythetoon

Even when he's not on form, not fully fit and not in the game there is no other player in our squad I'd rather a chance fall to or feel anywhere near as confident in when it comes to scoring goals on a consistent basis which Michael Owen does aplenty when he plays.

Yes he would be great if we could get the ball falling in the right place on the spot without any defenders in the way I agree.

Funny that because he was generally superb when playing deeper as an attacking midfielder/link up player under KK - an area of the pitch that demands being able to get into the game which you're claiming he is either unable to or can't and that as a result everything has to fall into place for him. Bull shit. His runs and movement are what opens up space and opportunities for those behind him to have options. It seems that both worked well together at times this afternoon but Owen couldn't finish any off. Strikers sometimes do miss the target you know, thankfully Owen hits it more often than not hence his quite amazing record.

His movement is intelligent but he doesn't look quick enough or more importantly sharp enough to take advantage of it

Plus he looks absolutely sick to the stomach of being at Newcastle. Please just go and start shaving regularly again.

Guest Howaythetoon

His movement is intelligent but he doesn't look quick enough or more importantly sharp enough to take advantage of it

Plus he looks absolutely sick to the stomach of being at Newcastle. Please just go and start shaving regularly again.

We're all sick.

We're all sick.

Of you.

Funny that because he was generally superb when playing deeper as an attacking midfielder/link up player under KK - an area of the pitch that demands being able to get into the game which you're claiming he is either unable to or can't and that as a result everything has to fall into place for him. Bull shit. His runs and movement are what opens up space and opportunities for those behind him to have options. It seems that both worked well together at times this afternoon but Owen couldn't finish any off. Strikers sometimes do miss the target you know, thankfully Owen hits it more often than not hence his quite amazing record.

Read the above reply (from me). You shared the same opinion at one time before Keegangate.

Guest Howaythetoon

Funny that because he was generally superb when playing deeper as an attacking midfielder/link up player under KK - an area of the pitch that demands being able to get into the game which you're claiming he is either unable to or can't and that as a result everything has to fall into place for him. Bull s***. His runs and movement are what opens up space and opportunities for those behind him to have options. It seems that both worked well together at times this afternoon but Owen couldn't finish any off. Strikers sometimes do miss the target you know, thankfully Owen hits it more often than not hence his quite amazing record.

Read the above reply. You shared the same opinion at one time before Keegangate.

I did, until KK's vision showed me another side to Owen, a far better footballer than I had giving him credit for or first thought. He and Shay are undoubtedly the only genuine class we have at the club and its extremely nit picking to use a few missed shots against Owen. If he had signed a new deal, you wouldn't even be saying what you are, you're only saying it because its gonna happen anyway, him leaving, so better to make a case for getting rid now while we can get some money for him which is what this is all about with you and not his ability or prowess in front of goal nor his importance to the cause which quite frankly, isn't in doubt and you'd have to be an idiot to think that way. Are you an idiot?

We're all sick.

Of you.

great craic that.

Funny that because he was generally superb when playing deeper as an attacking midfielder/link up player under KK - an area of the pitch that demands being able to get into the game which you're claiming he is either unable to or can't and that as a result everything has to fall into place for him. Bull s***. His runs and movement are what opens up space and opportunities for those behind him to have options. It seems that both worked well together at times this afternoon but Owen couldn't finish any off. Strikers sometimes do miss the target you know, thankfully Owen hits it more often than not hence his quite amazing record.

Read the above reply. You shared the same opinion at one time before Keegangate.

I did, until KK's vision showed me another side to Owen, a far better footballer than I had giving him credit for or first thought. He and Shay are undoubtedly the only genuine class we have at the club and its extremely nit picking to use a few missed shots against Owen. If he had signed a new deal, you wouldn't even be saying what you are, you're only saying it because its gonna happen anyway, him leaving, so better to make a case for getting rid now while we can get some money for him which is what this is all about with you and not his ability or prowess in front of goal nor his importance to the cause which quite frankly, isn't in doubt and you'd have to be an idiot to think that way. Are you an idiot?

He doesn't do enough in a 4-4-2 though.

Guest Howaythetoon

He doesn't do enough in a 4-4-2 though.

Most of them don't otherwise we'd be winning games.

Poor to average players, poor tactics and a poor manager are the main reason behind Owen not contributing enough outside of his goals, not the other way around.

Me, I go for the weakest area, Owen may be a weak link in some context but he's at the bottom of the list of weak links as far as I'm concerned and therefore he's not a real issue. Although when he leaves finding a suitable replacement will be...

No, I just indulge players beyond their value if they are committed to the cause. If their hearts belong with Man City, Spurs or any other shitrag club I would prefer them to fuck off ASAP. This isn't really that hard to understand.

I thought he did much better today, yes he should have scored at least one, but he was involved more than he has been the last 5/6 games.

I wouldnt say he is past it (although he certainly isn't the same as he was a few years ago) as much as he isn't utilised in the best way.

I would love to see him stay, but I wouldn't be opposed to cashing in on him asap as the former is not going to happen. In many ways his decision was a low blow, given our support of him, we deserved a decision one way or the other by now to get money back on him. That said, I'm sure he also thinks its a loyal thing to stick it out to the end of the season, but money or clubwise I doubt many people would do different though in his position.

Like losing Given, the impact on the pitch would be alot less influenced than off it and around the club.

There is a huge sway of belief that either of these two leaving would see a mass mutiny and exodous. Tbh I can't see anyone walking that we couldnt aptdly replace.

Butt - leave

N'Zogbia - possible loss, but one a long time coming, not convinced he would leave unless he is guarenteed first team slots every week.

Viduka - gone in the summer anyway, like butt

Oba - whilst, it would be a bad sign of our intent going forward, he would get more games guarenteed, which is his only gripe, I dont think he would leave immediately.

Duff- I doubt he would leave unless he was pushed, the few that would be interested wouldnt match his wages anyway

If anything its a sign we are willing to have people that want to bring this club back where we want it to be, although the press will call it a mass walk out etc..

Long story short, I dont think there is anyone likely to leave that we couldnt (although kinnear wont find or attract them) replace.

I thought he did much better today, yes he should have scored at least one, but he was involved more than he has been the last 5/6 games.

I wouldnt say he is past it (although he certainly isn't the same as he was a few years ago) as much as he isn't utilised in the best way.

I would love to see him stay, but I wouldn't be opposed to cashing in on him asap as the former is not going to happen. In many ways his decision was a low blow, given our support of him, we deserved a decision one way or the other by now to get money back on him. That said, I'm sure he also thinks its a loyal thing to stick it out to the end of the season, but money or clubwise I doubt many people would do different though in his position.

Like losing Given, the impact on the pitch would be alot less influenced than off it and around the club.

There is a huge sway of belief that either of these two leaving would see a mass mutiny and exodous. Tbh I can't see anyone walking that we couldnt aptdly replace.

Butt - leave

N'Zogbia - possible loss, but one a long time coming, not convinced he would leave unless he is guarenteed first team slots every week.

Oba - whilst, it would be a bad sign of our intent going forward, he would get more games guarenteed, which is his only gripe, I dont think he would leave immediately.

Duff- I doubt he would leave unless he was pushed, the few that would be interested wouldnt match his wages anyway

If anything its a sign we are willing to have people that want to bring this club back where we want it to be, although the press will call it a mass walk out etc..

Long story short, I dont think there is anyone likely to leave that we couldnt (although kinnear wont find or attract them) replace.

butt's been offered a new contract

Butt - leave

I know, wasn't it part of his previous contract and performance based? regardless, he more than anyone in our squad is a player I'd expect to think about leaving, should we sell Given/Owen. Just because we have offered him an extension and we dont think he deserves it, doesnt mean he wants the extension.

Butt - leave

I know, wasn't it part of his previous contract and performance based? regardless, he more than anyone in our squad is a player I'd expect to think about leaving, should we sell Given/Owen. Just because we have offered him an extension and we dont think he deserves it, doesnt mean he wants the extension.

i'll be staggered if he doesn't sign it tbh, he probably knows he's finished as well

hope to fuck he doesn't sign mind

Owen and Given leaving is not the real problem per se.

The problem is adequately replacing them. If Fat Mike was as good as his word he would put the £20m

and add it to the £15m(ish) we could bring in by selling the pair.

We could then start bring in players to replace the likes of Duff and Butt who are now playing from memory.

In reality, what will happen is the majority of the money will be trousered by Fat Mike and Owen and Given will be replaced

by the likes of Lita and Kenny underlining the decline of the club.

Guest justin99.

Butt - leave

i'll be staggered if he doesn't sign it tbh, he probably knows he's finished as well

hope to f*** he doesn't sign mind

heard butt say a number of times he wants to spend the rest of his career at newcastle.

Its the midfield thats the problem not Owen.

A non-productive midfield like ours gives them virtually nothing to feed on. Same as they give virtually no cover for the defense either.

Its not surprising he looked better and happier in a 4-3-3 as he could come back to get/find the ball himself while knowing there was still forwards ahead of him.

A non-productive midfield like ours gives them virtually nothing to feed on. Same as they give virtually no cover for the defense either.

Its not surprising he looked better and happier in a 4-3-3 as he could come back to get/find the ball himself while knowing there was still forwards ahead of him.

Spot-on - I agree. I still think he will prove himself far from past it when he joins another club with better midfielders.

Spot-on - I agree. I still think he will prove himself far from past it when he joins another club with better midfielders.

tbh he doesn't have anything to prove to us either (or shouldn't) its not like he's got Alan Smith's scoring stats for us.

Who cares what he proves at another club? He could score a hatful or break a leg. Either way i wouldn't give a flying fuck.