Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

It's strange how he isn't that popular wherever he plays though. It's not just here, Liverpool fans couldn't be that arsed with him either.

It''s got nothing to do with being a "badgekisser" or not, it's more to do with the feeling that he isnt really part of the team (apart from England). On the other hand, no-one can fault his professionalism or his attitude, he just doesn't appear to be part of things, hence people's opinions of him.

If Owen kissed the badge after his next goal would that convince everyone he was committed to the club? Seems to work for Barton.  Owen isn't the hardest working player, but he never has been, Martins isn't either, so many times in the past I've heard people slag Martins off for his work rate and now he's the heart and soul of the club?  If a top four club came in for Martins he'd be off, same with Owen.

Well maybe like just lately when Oba said he loves the fans here is one of the reasons why we love him,dont think I have ever heard Owen say anything like that

I'm sure if Owen had his name sang every time he was subbed, brought on, scored, miscontrolled it, had a 40-yard potshot hit row Z, scratched his bollocks, etc. like Martins does, then he'd say he loves the fans too...

• 2 months later...

Half the wages and pay as you play clause..... :iamatwat:

They should make him clean Tim Cahill's boots as well, see how badly he really wants to be on Merseyside.

Guest toonlass

How funny would it be if we let him go at the end of his contract (which is a certainty) and no-one offered him a contract anywhere else based on his injuries. Not that its likely to happen but I would be  :mackems: if it did.

Guest wshmag

hasn't he f***ed off yet?? what day does his contract expire?

if the little cunt had any deceny, he'd tell the club to stop paying his wages, why give him £120k p/w for another month when he'll be fucking off?

If we're still paying him £120k / week we should have him in doing 40 hours a week minimum.

Training, cleaning St James' Park, mowing the pitch, anything. Just try and get something for the money! :lol:

Yeah, he should just go, but obviously he's not going to, I mean if you were on £120,000 a week, and had 4 weeks left on your contract but no work to do, would you give it up?

No, if i was already worth as much as a small country though, yes i would. Honestly i would feel like a thief.

£17m down the drain with no money to be recouped and you'd expect high interest payments on top of that £17m (probably more like £20-22m overall when including the cost of financing), £100-120k per week wasted for 3 years (think the FA paid a year's wages?), probably only a small boost in merchandising revenue after signing him to compensate, bonuses no doubt paid on top of those wages, no longer an international player, etc etc etc.

All we've had in return was a half decent 3-4 month spell in midfield. But oh noes, that's not his "fault" - it's the team's fault, they don't take defenders away from Owen and give him service from 2 yards out with the keeper tied up on the sidelines and being gang banged by our creative midfielders, it's the fault of Lady Luck, with her Owen-homing injury-causing harpoons that for no reason targetted poor little Mickey when he would have never picked up those injuries otherwise, it's the fault of Capello, a facist dictator like his father Mussolini who in his rage decided to exorcise the Holy one named Little Mickey from the national team, it's the fault of the fans who never backed him and thought he was an overrated has-been, people who cursed the club with their voodoo dolls created out of bitter, jealous, anti-Owen words and letters posted on evil message boards - in fact, it's everyone and everything's fault other than poor little Mickey's shitness, or rather Mickey's goodness and the team's shitness. In fact, if Global Warming had not caused the sun to be higher in the sky in July of 2006, Owen would never have tripped up over his own shadow and ripped his knee apart like he did. If you take Gravity out of the sitation where Owen had a one-on-one against Pomey last month, the ball would have flown into the net - clearly Gravity denied him. It's ridiculous to blame Owen for his form when thinks like Gravity, Global Warming and a PMT'ing Lady Luck are out to get him.

Glad to see the mercenary c*** f*** off.

£17m down the drain with no money to be recouped and you'd expect high interest payments on top of that £17m (probably more like £20-22m overall when including the cost of financing), £100-120k per week wasted for 3 years (think the FA paid a year's wages?), probably only a small boost in merchandising revenue after signing him to compensate, bonuses no doubt paid on top of those wages, no longer an international player, etc etc etc.

All we've had in return was a half decent 3-4 month spell in midfield. But oh noes, that's not his "fault" - it's the team's fault, they don't take defenders away from Owen and give him service from 2 yards out with the keeper tied up on the sidelines and being gang banged by our creative midfielders, it's the fault of Lady Luck, with her Owen-homing injury-causing harpoons that for no reason targetted poor little Mickey when he would have never picked up those injuries otherwise, it's the fault of Capello, a facist dictator like his father Mussolini who in his rage decided to exorcise the Holy one named Little Mickey from the national team, it's the fault of the fans who never backed him and thought he was an overrated has-been, people who cursed the club with their voodoo dolls created out of bitter, jealous, anti-Owen words and letters posted on evil message boards - in fact, it's everyone and everything's fault other than poor little Mickey's shitness, or rather Mickey's goodness and the team's shitness. In fact, if Global Warming had not caused the sun to be higher in the sky in July of 2006, Owen would never have tripped up over his own shadow and ripped his knee apart like he did. If you take Gravity out of the sitation where Owen had a one-on-one against Pomey last month, the ball would have flown into the net - clearly Gravity denied him. It's ridiculous to blame Owen for his form when thinks like Gravity and Lady Luck are out to get him.

so in short.........he's been shit as have many others...hasn't cared,like so many others,he gets paid the most which wasn't his fault but lets single him out.

and yes he has probably suffered more by being in a shit team.

All we've had in return was a half decent 3-4 month spell in midfield. But oh noes, that's not his "fault" - it's the team's fault, they don't take defenders away from Owen and give him service from 2 yards out with the keeper tied up on the sidelines and being gang banged by our creative midfielders, it's the fault of Lady Luck, with her Owen-homing injury-causing harpoons that for no reason targetted poor little Mickey when he would have never picked up those injuries otherwise, it's the fault of Capello, a facist dictator like his father Mussolini who in his rage decided to exorcise the Holy one named Little Mickey from the national team, it's the fault of the fans who never backed him and thought he was an overrated has-been, people who cursed the club with their voodoo dolls created out of bitter, jealous, anti-Owen words and letters posted on evil message boards - in fact, it's everyone and everything's fault other than poor little Mickey's shitness, or rather Mickey's goodness and the team's shitness. In fact, if Global Warming had not caused the sun to be higher in the sky in July of 2006, Owen would never have tripped up over his own shadow and ripped his knee apart like he did. If you take Gravity out of the sitation where Owen had a one-on-one against Pomey last month, the ball would have flown into the net - clearly Gravity denied him. It's ridiculous to blame Owen for his form when thinks like Gravity and Lady Luck are out to get him.

so in short.........he's been shit as have many others...hasn't cared,like so many others,he gets paid the most which wasn't his fault but lets single him out.

and yes he has probably suffered more by being in a shit team.

Lets single him out because he is meant to be our captain and has been utterly fucking hopeless and offered nothing in terms of leadership or guidance.

It's not Owen who names himself as captain though. When in his career has he ever been "inspirational" or whatever? My problem with Owen is f*ck all to do with lack of that, but lack of goals & performances.

ties in with my "see others aswell" argument.

It's not Owen who names himself as captain though. When in his career has he ever been "inspirational" or whatever? My problem with Owen is f*ck all to do with lack of that, but lack of goals & performances.

It is Owen who needs to be paid twice as much to stay at Newcastle than he would anywhere else though. And before anyone says he won't play in the Championship, I'm pretty certain he wouldn't have accepted half hte money even if we stayed up.

ties in with my "see others aswell" argument.

Yep. Everyone knows he's not a captain. Well, apart from Keegan, Hughton, Kinnear & Shearer.

Guest Mantis

Why is there still a debate about this waste of space.  Got to be near the top, if not top of our list of costly failures.  The sooner he is gone the better and we can forget him.  Cant believe he was never stripped of captaincy, seeing as he was incapable of inspiring himself never mind others.