Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

I believe he still should have said something, whether he wanted it or not. Relegation for this club is an utter f***ing disaster.

These brochures don't write themselves Dave

There is only one thing sadder than having a brochure to promote a footballer, and that's the footballer writing it himself in the 3rd person :lol:

Respect of the fans. :lol:

Yeah right. I can just see the likes of Skirge, Ronaldo, etc. on here had he apologised, saying, "Oh yeah, what a nice bloke. Least he said soz".

i'd be saying 'right, he's done his duty, no more'

Lovenkrands has been here 6 months, scored 3 goals in the time Owen scored 0, yet it's he who actually comes out and apologizes to the fans. Which one is the club captain here?

I believe he still should have said something, whether he wanted it or not. Relegation for this club is an utter f***ing disaster.

There is only one thing sadder than having a brochure to promote a footballer, and that's the footballer writing it himself in the 3rd person :lol:

:lol: Exactly.  Good speller for a footballer mind.  Surprised his spelling wasn't championed within the brochure tbh.

:lol: Exactly.  Good speller for a footballer mind.  Surprised his spelling wasn't championed within the brochure tbh.

some fat 30's/40's  ex pub player must have produced a brochure himself  just for a giggle.

I wonder how many clubs are surprised to learn he was Club Captain here? Because there was no evidence of it on or off the field. I can't remember the last interview he ever did, he left it to others to explain our poor displays. Pathetic.

What would be the point of saying something?

The player threads on here are a mix of this:

'He's said nothing, he's a disgrace, doesn't care about the fans!'

and

'I wish he'd just shut up with these empty promises and let his football do the talking!'

He should have stepped forward as Club Captain, not only off the pitch but on it as well, he couldn't motivate himself or his team mates, he went missing and as Club Captain that's a disgrace.

And he would've been slagged of by most for doing so IMO, it's no win for players in a losing team.

Our club captain still hasn't had anything to say about our relegation, which is a f***ing joke.

He would have been damned if he did, damned if he didn't really.

If he'd came out and apologised or whatever, people would have slagged him off for his lack of form and said that what would he care he'd be gone anyway, and with him not saying owt, he's a disgrace for not talking about it. I haven't read any quotes from the Boro captain saying sorry, etc.

If he was any type of club captain he would have gained the respect of the fans. He was only ever made club captain by Keegan to stroke his ego. He was, and is, a useless motivator on and off the pitch and couldn't motivate jelly to set.

Shearer was a s*** captain as well.

Shearer was a great captain.

I wonder how many clubs are surprised to learn he was Club Captain here? Because there was no evidence of it on or off the field. I can't remember the last interview he ever did, he left it to others to explain our poor displays. Pathetic.

and

'I wish he'd just shut up with these empty promises and let his football do the talking!'

He should have stepped forward as Club Captain, not only off the pitch but on it as well, he couldn't motivate himself or his team mates, he went missing and as Club Captain that's a disgrace.

And he would've been slagged of by most for doing so IMO, it's no win for players in a losing team.

Our club captain still hasn't had anything to say about our relegation, which is a f***ing joke.

If he'd came out and apologised or whatever, people would have slagged him off for his lack of form and said that what would he care he'd be gone anyway, and with him not saying owt, he's a disgrace for not talking about it. I haven't read any quotes from the Boro captain saying sorry, etc.

If he was any type of club captain he would have gained the respect of the fans. He was only ever made club captain by Keegan to stroke his ego. He was, and is, a useless motivator on and off the pitch and couldn't motivate jelly to set.

Shearer was a great captain.

even when he wasn't the captain.

:lol:

Guest palnese

and

Shearer was a shit captain as well.

Jesus Fucking Christ!

and

Jesus f***ing Christ!

:lol:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/19/article-1194209-0567CEBE000005DC-92_148x112_popup.jpg

Found the second paragraph interesting. Or well, I just like it when people say they have belief in Shearer, even if it's cunts saying it.  :smitten:

reads like a 10 year old wrote that, crap grammer, "he is the ultra professional", wtf? makes me think it is a hoax

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/19/article-1194209-0567CEBE000005DC-92_148x112_popup.jpg

Found the second paragraph interesting. Or well, I just like it when people say they have belief in Shearer, even if it's cunts saying it.  :smitten:

reads like a 10 year old wrote that, crap grammer, "he is the ultra professional", wtf? makes me think it is a hoax

Ooh grammar school, mint - I'll raise you.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/9214/owen2.jpg

There should be an apostrophe in "NUFCs".  Amateur fucks.

Why don't Drogba, van Persie and Bellamy merit Christian names?

That crossed my mind - you're right, it's bizarre.  Hope you've read it all now anyway.  I thought it was a mint read, really made me wanna buy Michael Owen.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

If this thing was a hoak he'd have gone to the international court of human rights by now and be suing the shit out of whoever made it

Guest sicko2ndbest

Reckons he was days away from signing an extension in september that would have kept him here for the rest of his career. KK walked and all talks were shelved

Sunday Sun

"We're interested in Michael Owen on the right terms. He's a fantastic footballer. He's had a few injury problems but we would have to be interested in him," boomed Hull chairman Paul Duffen.

"If the right deal can be done then we would definitely be keen to sign him. We are an ambitious football club and we want to show that.

"It would be an enormous move for us but the deal can be done if it is on the right terms."

Hull would not be a step up from us that's for sure - regardless of our current league status. 

Doubt Owen will go there.

"We're interested in Michael Owen on the right terms. He's a fantastic footballer. He's had a few injury problems but we would have to be interested in him," boomed Hull chairman Paul Duffen.

"If the right deal can be done then we would definitely be keen to sign him. We are an ambitious football club and we want to show that.

"It would be an enormous move for us but the deal can be done if it is on the right terms."

Hull would not be a step up from us that's for sure - regardless of our current league status. 

Doubt Owen will go there.

They might offer him more cash, though. Most top-half clubs probably see him as a decent squad player and would offer corresponding wages. He'd be a big fish at Hull and will get more money. That's suit his big ego better, and he'd get more games, assuming he can stay fit, improving his England chances (in his head), which is all he's ever really cared about.

No chance would Hull be daft enough to offer him a wage greater than what we're offering.

The quotes imply a "pay as you play" salary too.  So financial impetus is limited somewhat in the move.  Only reasoning which seems logical I have shamelessly stolen from another forum:

Go to somewhere where he'll play, if he stays fit and plays well he could get in Capello's side for the World Cup, and then if he does well there he may have options elsewhere.