Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

Guest toonlass

Well look at the bigger picture. 

What is one of the main reasons a striker gets a scoring opportunity?

Look at the true picture, he was shite last season.

I know what you're saying, but there's got to be a bit of give and take. I mean, you could say that any of our players would look good if they had Rooney and Ronaldo creating chances for them, but that rarely happens in the real world. For us, Owen was a waste of time last season.

Dresden, give it up man. I'm starting to think you are Michael Owen, his stats over the season are a f***ing joke and from January onwards, beyond a f***ing joke

stats mean little. however his overall play in that time has been shit with martins only a step or so behind.

who'd have thought for the little he played viduka would seem more up for it than either of owen or martins ?

The main reason a striker will get a goal scoring opportunity is because they've put in some fucking effort to get involved in the play. Maybe 10 years ago you could get away with mooching and being a top goalscorer, but you can't do that nowadays. He's just a selfish, lazy, CUNT.

Viduka had one good game all season. You could perhaps argue 2.

Once again, other strikers being brought into an argument about Owen, there's no need

no. i've said i thought owen was poor since about christmas time.

by bringing up viduka i'm also pointing out that owen just didn't look arsed even compared to someone who is notorious for not being bothered.

I know what you're saying, but there's got to be a bit of give and take. I mean, you could say that any of our players would look good if they had Rooney and Ronaldo creating chances for them, but that rarely happens in the real world. For us, Owen was a waste of time last season.

I agree with the basis of your post. 

We lacked creativity last year, it was obvious for all to see - I was almost campaigning for a creative midfielder to be added in January (when we got Nolan).  It shows that if Owen played in a team with more creative talent behind him, which the majority of EPL teams have he'd potentially score a lot of goals for them.  The only problem I see with Owen (in regards to his ability to play in the Premiership) is his susceptibility to injuries, which is actually a massive problem.

Discussed it on another forum yesterday and the team he's most suited to playing in is Pompy.  If they could get him on a salary with appearance bonus it'd be great business.

Dresden, give it up man. I'm starting to think you are Michael Owen, his stats over the season are a fucking joke and from January onwards, beyond a fucking joke

For a start, we all know that Jayson is Michael Owen

His stats aren't the best but for me the lack of service is a huge huge part of his poor performances. We'll see how much, when he goes to his next club. How many goals he scores and his conversion record etc there.

Dresden, give it up man. I'm starting to think you are Michael Owen, his stats over the season are a fucking joke and from January onwards, beyond a fucking joke

For a start, we all know that Jayson is Michael Owen

His stats aren't the best but for me the lack of service is a huge huge part of his poor performances. We'll see how much, when he goes to his next club. How many goals he scores and his conversion record etc there.

:lol:

Once again, other strikers being brought into an argument about Owen, there's no need

by bringing up viduka i'm also pointing out that owen just didn't look arsed even compared to someone who is notorious for not being bothered.

fair enough. But I dont see where Martins fits into that argument

fair enough. But I dont see where Martins fits into that argument

martins came into because he was the alternative.

For his World Cup ambitions, he'd honestly have more chance of going by scoring 20+ goals in the Championship for us than he would getting 8 goals for Hull.

How often do Championship players start for England?

If he had integrity he'd give us a season in the championship on much reduced wages

:mackems:

Michael Owen: I Would Have Stayed With Kevin Keegan At Newcastle ...

Goal.com - ‎15 hours ago‎

Michael Owen has revealed that his tenure at Newcastle United would have extended beyond the end of the last disastrous season for the club, ..

http://news.google.co.uk/news/url?sa=t&ct2=uk%2F0_0_s_0_0_t&usg=AFQjCNESTKBXMhPHKtwQSI78qqaLCZiK-w&cid=1263923361&ei=Wn4_SvizNY6zsAaI-Jgc&rt=SEARCH&vm=STANDARD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgoal.com%2Fen%2Fnews%2F9%2Fengland%2F2009%2F06%2F21%2F1339012%2Fmichael-owen-i-would-have-stayed-with-kevin-keegan-at

This Hull move is quite smart, look ambitious by making a half-arsed effort to sign a player they'd never afford, then sell that ambition to players so that they sign for Hull instead of Wolves.

Guest neesy111

he'll get even less service at hull than he did last season, he's perfect for them

my favourites to go down next season quite easily

match made in heaven