Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

f***ing annoyed now it's gone through, actually.

He's come out of our relegation smelling of roses.

This.

Im not one for wishing failure on people, but this situation is really testing that for me.

We're in danger of never being an established top flight club again (hyperbole perhaps but it's certainly possible) and an overpaid striker who did absolutely fuck all for the last third of our relegation season has got a move to the best club in the country.

:nope:

Nah, best team, not the best club

Same thing, you know what I mean.

:***)

You've posted that a few times now, what is it meant to mean?

Erm, something along the lines of looking back and remembering the good times with a tear in your eye http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_9223.gif

:***)

You've posted that a few times now, what is it meant to mean?

Erm, something along the lines of looking back and remembering the good times with a tear in your eye http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_9223.gif

who are you? seriously

why does michael owen get rewarded after getting relegated with us? i bet aswell after he scores a few tap ins everyone will think hes world class and it was all newcastles  fault that he was shit when he was here

Guest Heneage

Michael Owen is a perfect example of the Spanish idiom "Cría cuervos y te sacarán los ojos." [if you raise crows they will peck your eyes out...]

prolly wouldve stayed up if we'd released him in december, just so we wouldnt have him wasting space in our starting line up or on the bench. shit for every second he played.i bet he'll look that inch sharper now he's at a big club, cunt blatantly gave up 6 months before the season ended.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I can't believe that's the same Michael Owen I used to do child modelling with. Stunning.

I can only think that Fergie reckons that even if Owen does not recover his old form, he'll have a useful squad player and impact sub.

I can't see him recovering his old form because his physique has changed through adjusting to so many injuries. What Fergie will end up with is a discontented and frustrated player who will attract a lot of unwanted media attention.

I do wonder if, when Capello decided that he didn't see Owen in his first choice strikeforce, he thought it would be better to miss him from the squad altogether. If he's not playing, he becomes a distraction for himself and his players.

I love how everyone just ignores how f***ing s*** he was for us when it really mattered last season.

Without looking, I'd imagine Jan-May 2009 has been his worst scoring patch of his entire career.

I can see completely why the media and other clubs would see that as playing in a shit team and bad form, which all players have.

It's a low-risk move for Man Utd. If he's a flop, he's not that costly for a club of their size, if he scores goals, he's signed a gem.

I can only think that Fergie reckons that even if Owen does not recover his old form, he'll have a useful squad player and impact sub.

I can't see him recovering his old form because his physique has changed through adjusting to so many injuries. What Fergie will end up with is a discontented and frustrated player who will attract a lot of unwanted media attention.

I do wonder if, when Capello decided that he didn't see Owen in his first choice strikeforce, he thought it would be better to miss him from the squad altogether. If he's not playing, he becomes a distraction for himself and his players.

depends what you mean by 'old'. form when keegan was here, probably, form 10 years ago, obviously not. Owen's overall form for the duration of his contract here was generally awful, barring two small bursts - a few games up to his metatarsal break when he first joined and when keegan was here. also he usually had a knack of scoring the odd goal here or there even when he was playing shit, until he couldnt be bothered otherwise.