£8m For Emre?

Guest eyeball_tickler

You can't blame him for wanting to leave if he does go, Man Utd buying Hargreaves makes the money they made for Carrick even more laughable, there won't be many goals in a Hargreaves/Carrick partnership.

United don't need them to score goals. United have rooney, ronaldo, Saha, giggs, scholes, and may be Nani to get the goals.

But then again who thumped those 2 shots against the bar for england at Old trafford? Hargreaves I think.

Can there be a 3 way deal. United let brown join newcastle to sweeten them and they sell Emre to Bayern and United get hargreaves.

Are you a Newcastle United supporter?

If so, stop calling Manchester United just 'United'.

If I was glenn I would defenitely get rid for £8m, my view is that emre is a good playmaker for us but at the end of the day he rarely scores and I can't recall to many assists to his name either. I don't think his and Parkers partnership is the best we have had either and with Dyer hopefully coming back soon we have his ideal replacement along with some good cover. We desperately need money to invest into the defence and this is our ideal opportunity to get some.

Will Emre wait until Jan? he did say in the story where he let the Bayern story slip that the club wanted him to stay and he wanted to stay also. He may not want to go over there and play but its a great offer for an injury prone player who has not shown his best form here.

I really hope Fred plays this out right though, Fergie needs to be offering way more than Rossi for the rest of the season. Wedon't need to look happy to sell I want Fergie to beg.. :D  bluelaugh.gif

I would only prepare to sell him if Dyer is back in the team for a few games and looks as if his injuries have gone. Emre is the only player we have who is remotely creative in centre midfield unless you play Zog there but that doesnt suit him. Saying that £8m is big money for him and more than he is worth so I wouldnt blame us getting rid.

Anyway sell Emre and buy a big hard strong CM who can release Parker to be that box to box CM he was at Charlton, we are desperate for a bit of power and size in the middle of of line up.

Diop for £8 mill ? or would Coleman want more ?

Load of bollocks. What has Emre done here to cause his price tag to double?

nowt - but everyone seems to agree that it was a bargain when we signed him.... and he may have toughened up a bit

Will Emre wait until Jan? he did say in the story where he let the Bayern story slip that the club wanted him to stay and he wanted to stay also. He may not want to go over there and play but its a great offer for an injury prone player who has not shown his best form here.

I really hope Fred plays this out right though, Fergie needs to be offering way more than Rossi for the rest of the season. Wedon't need to look happy to sell I want Fergie to beg.. :D  bluelaugh.gif

he doesnt have a choice due to the transfer window

I would only prepare to sell him if Dyer is back in the team for a few games and looks as if his injuries have gone. Emre is the only player we have who is remotely creative in centre midfield unless you play Zog there but that doesnt suit him. Saying that £8m is big money for him and more than he is worth so I wouldnt blame us getting rid.

thats his position actually

he doesnt have a choice due to the transfer window

My bad :D meant end of season..

Emre and Owen out... Just think we need real strikers because old Sibierski, slow-mo Amoebi, up'n'down Martins and no-motivated Luque aren't enough. And I always thought Emre was essential in the midline... now we're tasting his ausence.

But I'm not surprised, players like them can´t be deep down in the table.

In spite of this, although Manchester U is trusting in Owen's recovery I think they want to see him play before. If we can stop Emre untill the end of the season and Newcastle is near the top, maybe they both would think about their future again. We have played 10 matches, there are 28 chances to change the future of the club.

If Newcastle's near the top at the end of the season??

If a bid of £8m came in for Emre I'm sure FFS would snap their hands off.

The thing is that in SerieA mf have a lot more time and space to play, which obviously suited Emre when he was there and in the Bundesliga, you get a little bit more of it than here in the PL. Tempo wise Italy is the slowest, closely followed by Spain. Football in England, Germany and Holland is much faster and a hell of a lot more closing down. Emre will look much better in Germany and then we will all wonder how we let him go.

8million i wouldn't think twice, Emre is an exceptional player work rate is tremendous however with him and Parker in the middle there is no balance, we look alot better even with Butt playing there.

Emre and Owen out... Just think we need real strikers because old Sibierski, slow-mo Amoebi, up'n'down Martins and no-motivated Luque aren't enough. And I always thought Emre was essential in the midline... now we're tasting his ausence.

But I'm not surprised, players like them can´t be deep down in the table.

In spite of this, although Manchester U is trusting in Owen's recovery I think they want to see him play before. If we can stop Emre untill the end of the season and Newcastle is near the top, maybe they both would think about their future again. We have played 10 matches, there are 28 chances to change the future of the club.

If Newcastle's near the top at the end of the season??

If a bid of £8m came in for Emre I'm sure FFS would snap their hands off.

bluelaugh.gif

Aye even if Roeder wanted to keep him Fred will sell sell sell.

OWEN HARGREAVES will get his dream move to Manchester United in January — if Bayern Munich land Newcastle midfielder Emre.

Sources claim the Turkish international is desperate to join the Germans, after Emre revealed Bayern made an £8million move for him during the summer.

Emre’s claim puts the pressure on at St James’s Park and should he get his wish, England star Hargo (left) will be Old Trafford bound.

The midfield ace is recuperating from a broken leg but is set to return to training in a fortnight’s time.

United boss Alex Ferguson has the funds to finance a £14m swoop and Hargo has made no secret of his desire to join the Premiership leaders.

The Canadian-born star almost went on strike in a bid to move in August but backed down after a public slanging match with the Bayern board.

Emre did not expect to be fighting a relegation battle when he joined Newcastle in July 2005 for £6m from Inter Milan.

And he could be helped in his search for a move because Toon will have to sell to finance any recruitment during the January transfer window.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2006500755,00.html

I'd sooner sell Parker tbh.

You'd rather have Butt playing there?

I'm losing count of the times someone's posted what seems like a loaded  'Butt' question at me. I'd prefer Butt/Dyer in the centre  to Parker/Emre, I believe it has a better balance for the team. I don't think Parker or Emre are bad per se but they are a bad partnership.

I don't really mind that much which one left but I wouldn't be unhappy if one of them does. Parker runs around in circles, passing short square balls to the full back and diving into challenges, mainly falling on his arse in the process. Emre can at least pick out a pass that might create something, or I think he could if there was some movement up ahead of him. I think Parker would still pass it square 3 or 4 yards. Both Parker and Emre play too deep for us, but I think Emre has the ability to do more going forward if he can somehow be made to play 5 yards further up the field. Parker doesn't know what he is but certainly doesn't have the creative ability in the oppositions half. IMO

Overall of the two I'd sooner Parker left first. We have a natural DM in Butt.

Why is it so difficult to get Emre to push up a bit? This seems a mystery to me.

i agree - he has a very good shot on him, but never gets into the right postitions..

Anyone know what his goals tally per season was at inter? Thought he would chip in with a few goals for us, but it hasn't turned out that way.