£8m For Emre?

Guest eyeball_tickler

The Parker +  Emre CM pairing reminds of of England and the Gerrard + Lampard pairing, both great players but together it just does not work.

They cannot decide who will push and who will stick and by the time they decide  on it we lose the advantage gained, for me Parker starts and Emre should be Parker's cover.

Parker at Charlton is the kind of player we need him to be, a box to box Bowyer type without the temper, but that means we need a midfield player that will hold and be dedicated to the holding role like Claude Makelele is.

The Parker +  Emre CM pairing reminds of of England and the Gerrard + Lampard pairing, both great players but together it just does not work.

They cannot decide who will push and who will stick and by the time they decide  on it we lose the advantage gained, for me Parker starts and Emre should be Parker's cover.

Parker at Charlton is the kind of player we need him to be, a box to box Bowyer type without the temper, but that means we need a midfield player that will hold and be dedicated to the holding role like Claude Makelele is.

diop

diop

EXACTLY!!  :thup: :thup:

Unlike Newcastle to turn a profit on a player, we usually just turn on the player.

I wouldn't like to lose Emre tbh.  I've been impressed at his resistance to injury this year (which was my main worry about him).  He's our most creative player who I really think should be one of the first names on the team sheet every week.

Canny wad of cash to get an adequate replacement in with, would be an excellent move for all parties concerned (Emre probably would jump at it, he'd probably be exceptional for them, Man Utd get Hargreaves and we end up with a lump sum), my only worry would be how the dosh was spent. Would love a player like Diop though, we've been crying out for a bit of physical presence in the midfield since Gary Speed left. The amount of headers he won was paramount to the sort of football we played, as it allowed the more creative players to do their thing and took a hell of a lot of pressure off the defence.

Guest Shotgun Mick
Overall of the two I'd sooner Parker left first.

Ridiculous. Emre gives nothing at all to the team. He gives the ball away then 9 times out of 10 makes no effort to win it back. When he does he gives away a free kick and then moans and tries to start a fight.

He NEVER gets into the opponent's box or looks like he is trying to and his corners and free kicks are shite.

Just watch tonight if he decides to play, pointless having him on the pitch.

I would jump at the chance to sell the selfish little **** for a profit.

I would prefer to actually sign someone who will play for the team and not just showboat with no end result.

Overall of the two I'd sooner Parker left first.

Ridiculous. Emre gives nothing at all to the team. He gives the ball away then 9 times out of 10 makes no effort to win it back. When he does he gives away a free kick and then moans and tries to start a fight.

He NEVER gets into the opponent's box or looks like he is trying to and his corners and free kicks are shite.

Just watch tonight if he decides to play, pointless having him on the pitch.

Disagree with just about all of that (especially the last line which doesn't seem to make sense).

TBF, of the two Emre is the more creative, the more gifted technically and the more adventurous going forward.  I can understand why someone would rather keep him over Parker.  I can also understand why someone would strongly disagree with that, given that Parker has arguably been our best player this season.

Guest Craig1892

I'd snap Bayern's hands off. I'd rather play "The Zog" in the middle, more drive and alot more creation. Viva La Zog...

Guest Darth Toon

I would probably take £8m for Emre if the funds are used to strengthen other priority areas: i.e. new defenders and at least 1 striker.

Guest Shotgun Mick
TBF, of the two Emre is the more creative, the more gifted technically and the more adventurous going forward.

Disagree. Parker has offered more going forward this season than Emre. A lot more. I think Emre is dragging Parker down as he has to do the job of 2 midfielders. Emre offers nothing going forward or back.

Ideally you want to keep decent players. If a daft offer is made you have to take it, regardless of who the player is.

Stick a value on every player in the side, then double it. If someone offers that amount then take it. There must be other players out there.

With the finances in the state they are I wouldn't be surprised if any money would just disappear. We did spend £15m on players this summer, with £5m of that being on a midfield player.

I would probably take £8m for Emre if the funds are used to strengthen other priority areas: i.e. new defenders and at least 1 striker.

The problem with that is the funds we get from selling a player has to be spent replaceing them , our squad is to thin to sell players and use the money to buy a player for another position.

Replacing Emre is not top priority now, defenders and a striker are but if Emre was sold then his replacement would become a top priority..

TBF, of the two Emre is the more creative, the more gifted technically and the more adventurous going forward.

Disagree. Parker has offered more going forward this season than Emre. A lot more. I think Emre is dragging Parker down as he has to do the job of 2 midfielders. Emre offers nothing going forward or back.

...when Parker does go forward =P and Parker offers absolutely nothing when it comes to play-making. Emre's job (from what I've seen) is to carry the ball from defense to midfield and keep things on the ground, and play-make from deep. Doesn't score much this way but it doesn't make him any less important.

You lot can state how much you want Emre out but I bet you any money if he did go we'd not replace him, and if we did, not adequately. Get a replacement in first.

Then again, this is The Sun, and there are no quotes to back up a story that has already been around, and denied, before.

You lot can state how much you want Emre out but I bet you any money if he did go we'd not replace him, and if we did, not adequately. Get a replacement in first.

Then again, this is The Sun, and there are no quotes to back up a story that has already been around, and denied, before.

There was a story a while back with quotes form Emre saying how Byern had made a enquiry about him and I think the price named was 14 mill euro's.

This will be the press though mixing it up because of the Man U interest in Hargreaves..

There was a story a while back with quotes form Emre saying how Byern had made a enquiry about him and I think the price named was 14 mill euro's.

This will be the press though mixing it up because of the Man U interest in Hargreaves..

Erm yeah Skirge, that was the story that has been around before that I was referring to.

A good transfer to be honest.

Just recall what was the last time we make a profit through transferring player?

We just have too many midfield players, especially on the left.

If the deal really happens, it will give Milner and Zoggy more rooms to perform.

Guest TurkishToon

I am trying to remember, I think it was posted on here someone had translated it from a foreign paper.

here it is skirge

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,30188.msg572706.html#msg572706

if bayern has an offer for 8mil, id sell emre...and get 2 CBs play butt DM and have parker ACM.. turkish milliyet is more reliable than sun so i guess bayern did make an approach but not sure for how much...

I am trying to remember, I think it was posted on here someone had translated it from a foreign paper.

here it is skirge

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,30188.msg572706.html#msg572706

if bayern has an offer for 8mil, id sell emre...and get 2 CBs play butt DM and have parker ACM.. turkish milliyet is more reliable than sun so i guess bayern did make an approach but not sure for how much...

Aye cheers mate thats it, cracking read :D  :thup: :thup: