£8m For Emre?

Guest eyeball_tickler

Guest AceDeuce

well to end this pointless speculation:

Manager Uli Hoeneß vom FC Bayern München schließt trotz der derzeitigen Formkrise seines Klubs Nachverpflichtungen in der Winterpause aus.

"Wir haben gesagt, dass wir diese Saison mit diesem Kader durchziehen", betonte der 54-Jährige im "kicker".

Druck auf den aktuellen Kader wird intern ausgeübt: Felix Magath, kritisierte Sturm-Ersatz Roque Santa Cruz. "Ein bisschen mehr könnte es schon sein", o der Trainer. Talent allein reiche nicht, er müsse mehr tun.

------

uli hoeneß doesnt want to buy/sell any players this season.

they wont sell hargreaves and wont buy emre.

btw: there are speculations going on that they are about to get yilddiray bastürk from hertha bsc at the end of this season to fill the gap in their offensive midfield.

Guest Anders Rye

8 millions for Emre will be good, we can buy two good players for those money. Emre gives 100% every game, for something just tells me he isn't cut for the Premier League. Plus we badly need some hight in the midfield and therefore I hope this is something Roeder, or whoever our manager is in January, will take into consideration.

8 millions for Emre will be good, we can buy two good players for those money. Emre gives 100% every game, for something just tells me he isn't cut for the Premier League. Plus we badly need some hight in the midfield and therefore I hope this is something Roeder, or whoever our manager is in January, will take into consideration.

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

This report is false for sure. I think Bayern are after Basturk aswell as his contract expires at the end of the season. I wouldn't beleive any of the Turkish press as they always make stories up, especially in the transfer periods.

Guest eyeball_tickler

NEWCASTLE are desperate to resist any bid by Bayern Munich to prise Turkish midfielder Emre away from St James’ Park.

SunSport revealed the Bundesliga giants have earmarked the Toon ace as a potential replacement for Manchester United target Owen Hargreaves.

But boss Glenn Roeder has a small squad at his disposal and is not willing to weaken it any further.

Although midfield is the area his squad is strongest, he is a big fan of the 26-year-old former Inter Milan ace.

And he will be looking to add new players to his ranks during the January transfer window.

Roeder will also keep hold of Nicky Butt, who has been watched by his former Manchester United team-mate Roy Keane, now Sunderland boss, in recent weeks.

Roeder is set to take a chance on winger Kieron Dyer for the basement battle with Sheffield United tomorrow — after he made good recovery from an eye injury.

If he does leave I doubt it will be in January..

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=426347&CPID=22&clid=156&lid=2&title=Bayern+warn+United+off+Owen

Bayern Munich have warned Manchester United they will not sell Owen Hargreaves in January.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson revealed earlier this week that he was still tracking Hargreaves after failing to land him in the summer.

Ferguson has made Hargreaves his top transfer target and is determined to bring him to Old Trafford.

Hargreaves, who is currently recovering from injury, has admitted himself he would be keen on a move to United, but Bayern blocked any deal happening last August.

Bayern have resisted all of United's advances so far and they remain adamant the England international will not be allowed to leave.

Bayern general manager Uli Hoeness has told United not to waste their time in trying to sign Hargreaves when the transfer window reopens in January.

"All United's efforts to sign Owen Hargreaves are utterly futile," Hoeness told the Mirror.

"We will not release Owen Hargreaves in January under any circumstances."

I think we should sell him as long as we get two defenders for the money we recieve.....

We were going to get a striker anyway... so:  Emre=Centre back/Left back

But.. but.. but the club is in a poor financial state, there's a thread about it where loads of people are slagging the Board over it. Surely if we get £8m for Emre the club should bank it and not try to strengthen the team? Isn't that the sign of a good Chairman and good Board?