Newcastle 2 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur - 21/12/08 - Xmas festivities start on page 16

midds

Harry Redknapp and 99% of Cockenham fans can suck on this big unit! Get the f*** in lads!!

Oh and that back-heel!!! I'm now at peace with Mark Viduka. Even if he never kicks a ball for us again, he's done enough for me with that sweet bit of skill to ram it down the throat of the Cuntspurs

Guest firetotheworks

Ok i missed the 2nd half. Did you lot actually deserve it (honest answer please)?

It was an open match, we had 2 clear cut chances and scored one. You had 1 half chance after we scored our second. I think we deserved it. Both teams played pretty well, but we were better in just about every area. Your best player was Lennon and even then Enrique was only beaten by him once.

On a side note, how s*** did Bentley look?

Oh.. and I always thought Enrique had a bit of speed in him, but he kept up with Lennon almost every time! We look good on the counter too.

Not only Enrique though! MOTM Seb Bassong turned the jets on once or twice tracking Lennon and actually beat him to a ball. I'm oh so in love  :smitten:

Guest LucaAltieri

Ok i missed the 2nd half. Did you lot actually deserve it (honest answer please)?

It was an open match, we had 2 clear cut chances and scored one. You had 1 half chance after we scored our second. I think we deserved it. Both teams played pretty well, but we were better in just about every area. Your best player was Lennon and even then Enrique was only beaten by him once.

Modric looked lively on the ball as well.

They need a striker, though.

Rebrov and Campbell simply aren't good enough. Campbell caused us problems with his pace but neither are exactly deadly in front of goal.

Guest kingdawson

Who cares?

ermmmm me.  Well done you won the game but the question was something i wanted to know. Missed the entire 2nd half and Fraizer is comming in for some stick on the spurs board.

firetotheworks cheers for the serious answer.

Who cares?

ermmmm me.  Well done you won the game but the question was something i wanted to know. Missed the entire 2nd half and Fraizer is comming in for some stick on the spurs board.

He should have equalized with the last kick of the game but was too shit to do so.

Guest LucaAltieri

Who cares?

Campbell did nowt wrong. He caused more problems than the plank he replaced.

Have you ever won every game you deserved to win? Have you ever lost every game you deserved to lose? It's quite a daft question to ask in football.

Oh and for the record, my honest opinion is that the 2 teams were even second half. We had better possession, shape and game plan, and your lot played the counter quite well. Neither keeper had to make a save. A moment of genius won it right at the death.

Sorry like, I absolutely hate the club you support, but have nowt against you personally. Good to see you on here posting after the defeat. Quite sporting of you, and I think it's what football is all about.

Was a great match from the 80% I saw of it. I thought they sat back loads in the second half, and once we had stopped the threat of Modric they had nothing left (so well done JFK on the tactics). It was just a matter of breaking them down, and a brilliant bit of play from viduka was the difference (and a great forward run from duff of course). Never thought we'd win 2 in a row, and I just pray that we can kick on from here.... being just 5 points off 6th means there is loads to play for this season.

Other random thoughts:

- Bassong was excellent again, he's looks so comfortable at the back, and for the first time in ages I'm starting not to worry about when someone punts a ball forward towards our goal.

-Thought Owen did loads of work for the team as usual, and even though he missed his 1 great chance, he still had a good game. Loved it when the crowd were singing his name.

-Viduka was pretty much off the pace for most of the game, thankfully spurs sat back so much he didn't need to move too much! Hope Martins is fit for the wigan match, as I think he should be straight back into the team despite the assist.

Well done lads, cracking result!!!

Other random thoughts:

-Thought Owen did loads of work for the team as usual, and even though he missed his 1 great chance, he still had a good game. Loved it when the crowd were singing his name.

THIS! Lots on here saying Owen wasn't up to much. I disagree. I think his movement again was top quality, with the miss being the only time he put a foot wrong. Works incredibly hard taking defenders away and opening up space. With a little more fluidity and creativity behind him in the "hole" area, we would see an absolute deadly Michael Owen.

Also....looked quite pacy and fit today! Great to see. Touch wood he stays fit for the rest of the season now.