The Roflham Lolspurs Thread

Willow

Did anyone see harrys interview at the golf club today on sky.

He was 'practically begging  for a new contract now that he has been snubbed by england,

He said having only a year left on his contract will affect his players,

What you mean harry is it will effect your pocket LMAO.

Have a feeling Spurs might ditch him tbh.

I never got the impression that they were too fussed about the whole England thing. Would be great if they told him he wasn't wanted.

Guest elbee909

"you don’t let managers run into the last year of their contract if you think they’re any good."

Yep.  That's right.  :whistle:

Redknapp: Champions League is 'overrated'

Spurs were pipped to a place in the competition by Chelsea but their manager is confident his club can still compete for players, while denying an interest in Youssouf Mulumbu

The north London club finished fourth in the Premier League only to miss out on a place in next season’s Champions League following Chelsea’s win over Bayern Munich in this season's final.

Despite this, Redknapp is confident his club can still attract top quality players.

"I think it's overrated what people say about Champions League football and whatever," he told Sky Sports News.

"People would have still gone to Chelsea if they hadn't won the Champions League this year because they know it's a club that's looking to get into the Champions League positions next year.

"They pay fantastic money. If you pay players enough money and you give them good enough contracts and you show that you're ambitious, they'll come to your club.

"Champions League football, because you don't make it one year - it's one year. I think that's an excuse for players who want to leave and get better contracts elsewhere. I don't see that as a real problem.

"I think if the contract's right and they earn enough money, Premier League football is big enough."

The 65-year-old also revealed Steven Pienaar is likely to join Everton after re-joining them on loan in January.

He added: "Steven Pienaar is a good player. I would think in all honestly he's going to want to stay at Everton. He seems to have produced his best form there. He was unlucky at Tottenham.

"He's a good player, a very very good player. It's just I had Gareth Bale playing on the left-hand side and you can't dislodge Gareth Bale. He's one of the best left-sided players in the world, without a shadow of a doubt.

"If he's going to want to stay at Everton and Everton want him then obviously the deal is going to have to be right for Tottenham, otherwise he comes back to Tottenham."

Redknapp downplayed speculation linking the club with a move for West Brom’s Youssouf Mulumbu, who has announced his intention to leave the Hawthorns.

He added: "I don't really know where that's come from, to be perfectly honest.

"That's certainly not something that I've discussed with the chairman at any time. He's a good player, for sure, but he's certainly not a player we've spoken about."

I think the issue is more they can't/won't pay his massive wages unless he's a free

He won't be free but there are ways to get around his wages as Ade wants the high wages to maintain his charitable work in Togo, Spurs could make charitable donations and preserve the wage structure.  At least City and Spurs are still talking about a deal.

I imagine HMRC would take a keen interest in such an arrangement.

They've probably still got Harry on speed dial.

"We really want the Champions League. Fantastic competition, great appeal..."

*fail to qualify*

"Aye well we didn't want in that shitty competition anyway. Gays."

*fail to qualify*

Exactly, what an arrogant ringpiece.

*fail to qualify*

Imagine him shouting that at Modric and Bale as they walk off, having said their farewells. Maybe it'll convince them ;D

Spurs fan at my work is really keen to give Redknapp a decent contract so as not to rock the boat, saying replacing Jol with Ramos is a good example of why they shouldn't take top 5 finishes for granted.  Tbf I think he's got a point but they've got to strike the balance and not give him a daft contract.  Personally I can see him walking out this summer or next season being difficult for Spurs if they have the situation hanging over them.

Have a feeling Spurs might ditch him tbh.

I never got the impression that they were too fussed about the whole England thing. Would be great if they told him he wasn't wanted.

I don't think Redknapp will be gone before we've completed our signings.  This is what I said in this thread back on 22 May.............

Modric will go imho.  Not convinced that Redknapp will still be there to spend the money.    Levy totally blames Redknapp for not getting 3rd when it was there for the taking.

Probably the majority of Spurs on the forums now want Redknapp gone and AVB's name is the one being thrown about the most likely replacement, but the more it goes on, the more I think we'll be stuck with him come the start of the season

I asked the guy at work about AVB and he was dead against it, said he could see it going badly wrong and that it was even questionable whether he'd be able to command the respect of the players after what happened at Chelsea.  Just shows the difference between internet people and average joes I suppose, I would definitely class him as fairly knowledgable and respect his opinion.

I asked the guy at work about AVB and he was dead against it, said he could see it going badly wrong and that it was even questionable whether he'd be able to command the respect of the players after what happened at Chelsea.  Just shows the difference between internet people and average joes I suppose, I would definitely class him as fairly knowledgable and respect his opinion.

I think AVB has been seriously damaged by Chelsea to get another job in the PL in the short term though I don't think AVB helped himself when he told the players to include him in any goal celebrations.

That said, Mourinho recommended AVB ahead of Rodgers to Levy 2 or 3 months ago when Redknapp seemed to be on his way to the UAE.  What Spurs haven't got is the egos of Lampard, Terry, Cole etc which might give AVB more of a fighting chance, but I'm not so certain that Levy will get shot of Redknapp now as I was a couple of months ago.

Big meeting at WHL today, Levy, Harry, agent and Solicitors.  Could be the time for the fond farewell, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

What with the rumours with Enic possibly selling to the Kharafi family, it's not exactly dull being a Spurs fan.