Joe the Man

Kaizero

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00408/Kinnear_408098a.jpg

Thinking about his record since taking charge makes me feel happy. Sure, we lost points at Stoke and Wigan, but in all fairness, I'd say good old bad luck played just as much a part in us conceding those goals rather than just "bad tactics". I for one won't jump on the "Kinnear's a cunt, get him out." bandwagon, as I feel he has done his job excellent since his arrival. The players seem to have team spirit like never before, Owen might actually seem to consider signing a new deal, even under the circumstances surrounding the club. He's had constant pressure on him since he'd not know how long he'd be staying, but he's yet managed to do a swell job. He deserves credit to be honest, way more credit than most of you on here are giving him. We're looking hard to beat, our defence isn't acting like crap, we're playing good football and winning matches.

In the words of Chris Crocker, the crying Britney Spears fan, Leave Kinnear alone!

Guest LucaAltieri

Fuck the win, his hair disturbs me.

Grey at the front but dark at the back. There must be some toupee-age going on there.

A f***ing hero. Those who slated him should be ashamed.

why? he's not good enough to manager of nufc in any capacity other than short term

As long as he continues to get the side looking like they are playing for each other and keep picking up the points, then he'll do for me. The same goes for any manager obviously, from Keegan to Capello.

He has done as well if not better than most of us could have expected. Fair play to you Joe.  :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

He's Glen Roeder part 2. Good in the short term, probably a disaster in the long term. Joe himself said today we'd be nowhere without a good team. Watching us play the first thing you notice isnt tactics, its that the majority of the players we have are pretty damn good.

He's Glen Roeder part 2. Good in the short term, probably a disaster in the long term. Joe himself said today we'd be nowhere without a good team. Watching us play the first thing you notice isnt tactics, its that the majority of the players we have are pretty damn good.

They weren't looking too clever when he first came in.

As a whole, he's done OK up to now. We're a bit too close for comfort (i know, a lot of clubs are), but with the standard of players we've got it's taken a lot longer than it should have to gain some breathing space. I certainly won't be ashamed for wanting rid of him after the farces that were Fulham, Wigan and especially Stoke - however i'm warming to him a bit as he seems to have screwed his head on a bit more tightly since those mistakes, which is refreshing. Still a poor manager in my book, and i still whince a bit at the thought of him tampering with our very good squad in January, but going into Christmas sat in 12th leaves me feeling fairly content about the guy.

Guest Howaythetoon

A f***ing hero. Those who slated him should be ashamed.

why? he's not good enough to manager of nufc in any capacity other than short term

This. He does deserve credit when its due though and overall, despite some pretty poor performances, he's doing better than expected I'd say. Long-term the thought of him managing us for a few years scares me mind.

I'll say it again, Kinnear fucking out.

You lot are idiots if you think he is the answer full time.

He shouldnt be within a million miles of the job.  OK he's done alright but the loss to the Mackems and his subsequent "couldnt give a fuck about it" attitide and the numerous points dropped at home tell me all I need to know.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, why was that again? Im sure something canny big had just happened.

Not the point. These good players were looking totally lost and lacked confidence, he's whipped them into shape and we look like a premiership football team again. Credit him for that.

I was less than impressed when he was taken on but I have to be honest and say I caanot fault the effect he has had, yes we have lost a few points late on but its an unbeaten run with wins in our last wo games. Upto 12th place and a squad that looks to be together and growing in confidence, we cannot complain about the job he has done since he came in.

Guest firetotheworks

Not the point. These good players were looking totally lost and lacked confidence, he's whipped them into shape and we look like a premiership football team again. Credit him for that.

Too right, I agree. Just like Roeder did.  :pow:

I'll say it again, Kinnear fucking out.

He shouldnt be within a million miles of the job.  OK he's done alright but the loss to the Mackems and his subsequent "couldnt give a fuck about it" attitide and the numerous points dropped at home tell me all I need to know.

That's because once Kinnear's contract is up and we get a proper manager he's GUARANTEED to be successful obviously. Good spot  O0

I'll say it again, Kinnear f***ing out.

He shouldnt be within a million miles of the job.  OK he's done alright but the loss to the Mackems and his subsequent "couldnt give a f*** about it" attitide and the numerous points dropped at home tell me all I need to know.

That's because once Kinnear's contract is up and we get a proper manager he's GUARANTEED to be successful obviously. Good spot  O0

OK, I conceed, give JFK the job full time.  See where that'll get us.

A fucking hero. Those who slated him should be ashamed.

stand by for the biggest amount of u-turns since , errr, Ashley is great / Owen is a trophy signing / Luque is great / Boumsong is great / Ameobi for England  :lol:

Doing a damn good job under very difficult circumstances. Always was, his first press conference set the tone, staged, and was so obviously so.

Maybe even paving the way for Ashley to get back in ? A good thing, I don't think so, but hopefully he will still sell to someone who has genuine ambition for the football team.

I'll say it again, Kinnear f***ing out.

He shouldnt be within a million miles of the job.  OK he's done alright but the loss to the Mackems and his subsequent "couldnt give a f*** about it" attitide and the numerous points dropped at home tell me all I need to know.

OK, I conceed, give JFK the job full time.  See where that'll get us.

Or how about just let him get on with it till the season's up? FWIW I don't think he's the long term answer but he's done a good job in the circumstances. We are pretty well organised, the spirit is good, I just don't think it's fair to be sniping at this point.

Too right, I agree. Just like Roeder did.  :pow:

Some caretakers have done well, most don't, but its no reason to make a judgement either way. Every case is different.