Mark Hughes

lovejoy

Guest The Libertine

i'd rather take a chance on shearer than hughes.

if hughes times his sacking well the sunderland job would be great for him.

i'd rather take a chance on shearer than hughes.

if hughes times his sacking well the sunderland job would be great for him.

:lol:

agree about shearer over hughes, in fact i largely agree about shearer over anyone at the moment - seems obvious to me that hughton is a pretty good first team coach, the defence has done well since he arrived (barring the period he was managing) so why not someone like shearer with the existing setup

he needs to take over when we're shite, not when we're good, now seems more or less ideal

I think Hughes is struggling with a difficult situation at City. All this talk of bidding £50 million for various star names must be giving a very discouraging message to the existing players - ie it doesn't matter how well you play, you're going to be replaced. It must be very difficult for Hughes to motivate his team to go that extra mile.

We need continuity, and Joe has shown that he's big enough for the job. He has the respect of the players, so I'd be happy to see him given him a longer contract.

SVEN!!! FFS!!! The bloke is Newcastle Uniteds only real rival for negative tabloid stories in recent years. The meeting of Sven & NUFC would be a Fleet Street/Wapping melt down.  Photo shopped pics of Nancy in a kebab shop in Bigg Market, that Sven lookalike out on Quayside, interviews with Faria Alam outside SJP, it would go ballistic.

As for Hughes it looks like will have to do a Allardyce & go back to his level for a bit of managerial rehabilitation.

SVEN!!! FFS!!! The bloke is Newcastle Uniteds only real rival for negative tabloid stories in recent years. The meeting of Sven & NUFC would be a Fleet Street/Wapping melt down.  Photo shopped pics of Nancy in a kebab shop in Bigg Market, that Sven lookalike out on Quayside, interviews with Faria Alam outside SJP, it would go ballistic.

Yeah but on the other side of the coin Sven is an excellent club manager with loads of contacts throughout the footballing world. Can you remember just how knackered City looked before Sven came in and got them into europe in his first season? There's also the doing  the double of Man Utd there. He played nice football as well.

Besides, I quite like reading ridiculous tabloid stories. It reminds me that I'm a better person than the idiots that believe them.

Yeah but on the other side of the coin Sven is an excellent club manager with loads of contacts throughout the footballing world. Can you remember just how knackered City looked before Sven came in and got them into europe in his first season? There's also the doing  the double of Man Utd there. He played nice football as well.

They also got humped 8-1 off Boro. How are things going for Sveny in Mexico?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Steve Bruce. Hughes can fuck off and contract syphilis froma  donkey for all I care, don't like him and don't ratehim either. If I rated him at all I'd take him.

In the last game of the season.. we also got beat 5-1 by Man Utd when Keegan was in charge. We also beat Spurs 4-1, who went on to finish above us and had won the Carling Cup that year. One bad result doesn't define a season and if you look at Sven's managerial achievements then surely you'd see how good a manager he is.

Is your argument for not liking him the fact that he's controversial or because you don't rate him as a manager?

Tricky one for me; Hughes is doing a great job, keeping them near the bottom. On the other hand, i'd love to see the ungracious bastards face when the camera's shoved into his car window just after being relieved of his duties at City :) :) :)

In the last game of the season.. we also got beat 5-1 by Man Utd when Keegan was in charge. We also beat Spurs 4-1, who went on to finish above us and had won the Carling Cup that year. One bad result doesn't define a season and if you look at Sven's managerial achievements then surely you'd see how good a manager he is.

Is your argument for not liking him the fact that he's controversial or because you don't rate him as a manager?

I think he has had his day if I am honest as I think he maxed out in 90's/early 00's. I didn't think City were that good last season once his players started there slump he could not pick them up.

Anyone else notice Man City seem to be live on TV every fuckin week..

Super Sunday this week at Blackburn.

I bet you Mark Hughes isn't appreciating it at the moment though!

The whole world viewing his ineptness.

Oh what irony too! Santa Cruz will probably be the one to send him to the trash heap.

kinnear for the most part has made joke substitutions (although got it spot on today, with hindsight) and only dropped duff and taylor when injured. he fluked his way into those 2, which have made a massive difference. that said we have been doing well since he took over but i dont have confidence that when things go a bit worse he has the know how to change it.

Yes he's made some terrible substitutions.  However not only did he realise he made mistakes but he seems to have learned from them.  Also yeah Taylor and Duff were only dropped when they got injured (Taylor was playing ok anyway so that's fair enough in his case), but the most important thing is he didn't put them back into the team when fit, Roeder would have.

I thought Hughes looked like a good prospect as a manager but when he was linked with us I had doubts about the style of football Blackburn played at the time. It looks as if he's like Allardyce, a one trick pony. I see Fat Sam's happier than a pig in shit inheriting a team designed to play route 1 football.

I thought Hughes looked like a good prospect as a manager but when he was linked with us I had doubts about the style of football Blackburn played at the time. It looks as if he's like Allardyce, a one trick pony. I see Fat Sam's happier than a pig in s*** inheriting a team designed to play route 1 football.

:lol:

I honestly can't see why people can't see the similarities. Bullys and grafters and one sort of flairish player at the most. That is their mantra.

If Hughes just played all of his best players at City they would at the very worst hammer the likes of West Brom even if it meant losing to teams in and around the top 4. However, they certainly wouldn't be in the relegation zone right now that's for sure.