Wigan Athletic vs Newcastle United- 26/12/08 - Pre-match thread

gray

Duff is shit! :)

As a winger, definitely. But as a striker, he keeps the ball well and I'm fine with us playing a little safe away from home against a team with a lot of pace. We need to make sure we keep more possession and tire them out eventually by just passing it around.

Thank you for your speedy replies!  :lol:

:lol:

Content with that. Duff's got a bit more legs than Viduka and i think we may need to focus quite a bit on counter-attack today. Still feels a tad as if Damien Duff 'simply must play', but in fairness to the guy he did score a hell of a goal the other day. Made by the guy who he's replaced, btw...

Howay the lads.

interested in seeing how Owen and Duff work out, hopefully our wingers will be spearheading the counter attacks with their pace

At least we can't play long balls!

Pah.

For the record i think we'll grab a resolut 1-all draw; us to score first. It might not do a lot to the table but i'd be happy with that.

Guest The Libertine

if we'd started viduka we'd have won. if he's not fit enough to start then throw him on at half time regardless of the score. we need him match fit asap.

Really annoyed that uff is starting!   :angry:

We need to compensate for the lack of Martins in away games like this. It's going to be scrappy and they're good going forward, so if we are going to try and catch them on the breakaway then we're better off with Duff than we are Viduka. Besides, as frustrating as Duff is, (running down blind allies, running forward but not actually gaining any yards), it retains possession and we need to be cautious going into this game.

If we were at home i'd be pretty pissed off, but given we're at a place where we've lost every game, it's relatively sensible.

Guest firetotheworks

We'll win.

I don't see why everyones so worried about Zaki, he hasn't scored for months.

Strikers always end their drought against us. Heskey worries me more to be fair though, Colo might struggle with his brutishness.

We'll win.

I don't see why everyones so worried about Zaki, he hasn't scored for months.

Perfect time for him to start again now then :undecided:

I'd be more worried about Valencia!

Could turn out to be the most boring game for a while IMO

Guest neesy111

Why on earth do we have 3 strikers on the bench today? We should atleast had one more midfielder on the bench...

cos there's no one else apart from lua lua who we have

Why on earth do we have 3 strikers on the bench today? We should atleast had one more midfielder on the bench...

cos there's no one else apart from lua lua who we have

Must make Xisco feel so warm inside. :smitten:

Not a major thing anyway. If he needs or wants to bring on a midfielder, he's got Geremi, if he needs to change wingers, he can put Duff there and put Viduka up front or whatever, and if we then need to bring on a striker he's got a choice. Mountains out of molehills again I think.

Looks like Shola is off during the transfers window...didn't even make the bench today but after that Spurs performance he don't even deserve to be there. Joe's learned a lesson yet again!

Yep, I'm sure loads of teams want an injured player

Looks like Shola is off during the transfers window...didn't even make the bench today but after that Spurs performance he don't even deserve to be there. Joe's learned a lesson yet again!

He's been offered a new contract, man. He's injured.

Yep, I'm sure loads of teams want an injured player

Defo not an injury! JK just made up something to get him off the pitch and rightly so