Wigan Athletic 2 - 1 Newcastle – 26/12/08 - Post-match reaction from page 23

midds

Steve Bruce deserves some credit for the way Wigan played today.

and the way they played up here till a non-sending off.

I'm giving him no credit at all for the way they played up here, as I assume it was he who told his players to waste time from the moment they went in front, made all the worse by the fact it was about the 3rd fucking minute. Never had my piss boiling so much

I'm giving him no credit at all for the way they played up here, as I assume it was he who told his players to waste time from the moment they went in front, made all the worse by the fact it was about the 3rd f***ing minute. Never had my piss boiling so much

when they had the ball they played well and till the sending off we weren't in the game.

I'm giving him no credit at all for the way they played up here, as I assume it was he who told his players to waste time from the moment they went in front, made all the worse by the fact it was about the 3rd f***ing minute. Never had my piss boiling so much

when they had the ball they played well and till the sending off we weren't in the game.

Yes whilst that is true I can't stand all that shite they did, if it was the last 5 minutes fair enough but from the fourth minute it was getting on my tits

was a sending off (bassong) but wasn't a pen.

not sure ours was a pen.

cattermole didn't play the man in the way some are trying to make out and those on here saying he should have walked wouldn't be saying it had it been one of ours.

not sure ours was a pen.

cattermole didn't play the man in the way some are trying to make out and those on here saying he should have walked wouldn't be saying it had it been one of ours.

How wasn't ours a penalty? :lol:

Kirkland missed the ball and punched Carroll in the head! If that's not classed as a penalty then I'm stumped as to what is.

On the bright side, Guthrie is looking better with every game. He seems a bit more streetwise now when it comes to keeping the ball.

Fucking hell, Guthrie was fucking appalling today. I was embarrassed for the lad to be honest. He CAN NOT pass a ball forward. He gave up possession on numerous occasions. He looked clumsy as fuck on the ball.

You must have watched a different player to me today.

He struck his penalty well though!

That that wasn't a penalty at the end I'll never know.

It was. It just wasn't given. If that makes sense?  :undecided:

Just a bad day at the office. Not much point dwelling on today because we've got a run of games coming up to put it right.

not sure ours was a pen.

Kirkland missed the ball and punched Carroll in the head! If that's not classed as a penalty then I'm stumped as to what is.

cos it didn't seem anywhere near enough to impede the player and the keeper was going for the ball.

other way round and you wouldn't say it was a pen.

not sure ours was a pen.

cos it didn't seem anywhere near enough to impede the player and the keeper was going for the ball.

He got the man not the ball and if you strike a player in the head it's a foul.

Going for the ball means fuck all, apart from the difference between a yellow or red card perhaps, certainly makes no difference to a pen.

not sure ours was a pen.

It doesn't matter if he was getting the ball or not. Keepers get away with stuff like all the time. Think that was the only good thing Dean did all match. Keepers get a free-kick for the slightest touch from a corner or whatever, and then he comes charging out, misses the ball, and punches a player in the head and expects to get away with it.

not sure ours was a pen.

It doesn't matter if he was getting the ball or not. Keepers get away with stuff like all the time. Think that was the only good thing Dean did all match. Keepers get a free-kick for the slightest touch from a corner or whatever, and then he comes charging out, misses the ball, and punches a player in the head and expects to get away with it.

didn't punch him.more of a swipe, and had the ball fell to carroll i very much doubt he'd have gone down.