Wigan Athletic 2 - 1 Newcastle – 26/12/08 - Post-match reaction from page 23

midds

Bassong on for Owen? Genuinely speechless at that decision. I've turned the stream off... is Owen injured or something?

I'm even more speechless that Kinnear would have the balls to bring on the man who was sent-off. Some balls on that man.

Guest firetotheworks

they have been absolute s****... the refs decision was s****, but we deserve nowt from this... they better not come up with any s**** excuses

I think we have some pretty fair excuses to be honest. Their goals werent from open play. Enrique injured meaning no Nzogbia getting forward and up against Valencia. Beye goes off, then never a penalty. Weve been shite. Particularly Butt and Duff, but Im not gunna go off on one and say that were gunna get relegated and that were a terrible team because were not. Our luck today has been catastrophically bad.

634: GOAL Wigan 2-0 Newcastle

It's a bit harsh on Newcastle, that. Sebastien Bassong is tugging Emile Heskey for a long time outside the box as Heskey tries to barge his way through, but the England man stays on his feet and eventually falls down in the penalty area - where there probably wasn't a foul. Bassong is sent off and Amr Zaki coolly slots in from the penalty spot.

Bassong on for Owen? Genuinely speechless at that decision. I've turned the stream off... is Owen injured or something?

I'm even more speechless that Kinnear would have the balls to bring on the man who was sent-off. Some balls on that man.

:lol:

Guest Heneage

Edgar on for Owen? Genuinely speechless at that decision. I've turned the stream off... is Owen injured or something?

Stop creating mellow-drama its damage limitation.

Possible back 4 v Liverpool:

Geremi Coloccini Taylor N'Zogbia

:weep:

Can see Colo staying up at nights staring off into space thinking about that 90 minutes of hell.

Sounds to me like he has a drug habit.

Edgar on for Owen? Genuinely speechless at that decision. I've turned the stream off... is Owen injured or something?

Er, what? I'm asking if he's injured. I'm hardly kicking off, the game's already gone man - just asking what the thinking was behind the tactic. Pretty bizarre sub like.

Guest optimistic nit

nothing wrong with that decision imo. an owen injury now would fuck us up so badly

Guest Heneage

Er, what? I'm asking if he's injured. I'm hardly kicking off, the game's already gone man - just asking what the thinking was behind the tactic. Pretty bizarre sub like.

Its not though mate. We aren't going to win or get a draw its just "One of them days".

There has been some ludicrous comebacks in football. We should never stop trying to score goals. You can never know what might happen.