Wigan Athletic 2 - 1 Newcastle – 26/12/08 - Post-match reaction from page 23

midds

Was this actually not a penalty, or are people just being bias?

Bassong fouled him 20 yards out of the box, when he was not the last man. Linesman flags immediately.

Mike Dean waits around about 15 seconds until Heskey dives in the box to give the pen.

Never in a million years a penalty. Bassong may have tugged Heskey's shirt at first around 20 yards from goal, they continued tussling right into the box with Heskey grabbing Bassong's shirt as much as Bassong is grabbing his, then decides to fall over inside the box.

Never in a million years a penalty. Bassong may have tugged Heskey's shirt at first around 20 yards from goal, they continued tussling right into the box with Heskey grabbing Bassong's shirt as much as Bassong is grabbing his, then decides to fall over inside the box.

Didnt Gerrard do the same thing against Everton last season at Goodison? Was stumbling for ages until he got to the box then dropped like a stone.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

It's a good job I'm not a professional footballer because I would have stamped on Cattermole's knees and kicked the ref in the bollocks repeatedly by now.

Guest michaelfoster

Owen off for Edgar wtf :lol:

15 mins left with 10 men & 2-0 down, might aswell do damage limitation & bring on a defender tbh

Guest The German

I'm absolutly angry about this shit day  :dave: Viduka, Beye, Enrique Injured Bassong Red Card. The referee has picked up the wrong job!

Sunday a win over Liverpool and we are back on the road to Europe. Come on United!!!

It's a good job I'm not a professional footballer because I would have stamped on Cattermole's knees and kicked the ref in the bollocks repeatedly by now.

Would've fucking punched Mike Dean right in the face if I was Bassong.