Newcastle United vs Liverpool - 28/12/08 - Pre Match Thread

Decky

If Martins is out our chances are very very slim. Carroll to come in/on if Owen or Martins can't/don't make it.

I'd go with this if everyone is fit.

Given

Edgar - Taylor - Coloccini -Duff

Jonas - Butt - Guthrie - Zoggy

Owen   Martins 

Subs: Harper, AN other Geremi, AN other Carroll, Xisco, Ranger

Geremi right and Jonas left would be another good option imo

They are due a bad result, they carnt keep being lucky every match. Likewise we are due some luck, and a good result.

Besides would the following players get in our team

Reina - 50/50 with Given

That Insua defender - never heard of him until 2 weeks ago.

Lucas - No, no one rates him

Keane - not in front of martins and owen no.

Benayoun - Useless.

Rieria - was crap at man city, no better for the scousers

Kuyt - wouldnt get near our first 11

That leaves the diver, Alonso, that masherno who wasnt good enough for west ham, agger, and carragher.

Take the diver and torres (who is injured and over rated) out of there team, and there isnt much diffrence between us and them

2-1 to us ill go for.

You've pulled sarcasm off much better than most on here.

If Martins is out our chances are very very slim. Carroll to come in/on if Owen or Martins can't/don't make it.

I'd go with this if everyone is fit.

Given

Edgar - Taylor - Coloccini -Duff

Jonas - Butt - Guthrie - Zoggy

Owen   Martins 

Subs: Harper, AN other Geremi, AN other Carroll, Xisco, Ranger

Geremi right and Jonas left would be another good option imo

Duff left back :lol:

Would love us to give a debut to Kadar at LB, so CNZ could play on the wing. Won't happen obviously

Missing Beye,Enrique, Martins and bassong is just a massive blow to us, it really does show what a thin weak squad we have..

Losing four players (Viduka, Bassong, Beye, Enrique?) in one game would test any squad, we got very unlucky.

Missing Beye,Enrique, Martins and bassong is just a massive blow to us, it really does show what a thin weak squad we have..

Losing four players (Viduka, Bassong, Beye, Enrique?) in one game would test any squad, we got very unlucky.

We did but no RB and LB cover is killing us.

Carr & Babayaro would kill us more.

Duff left back :lol:

Would love us to give a debut to Kadar at LB, so CNZ could play on the wing. Won't happen obviously

Yes Duff can play LB. He had one of his best games for us there. Zoggys obviously much better on the LW. Kadar i haven't seen much of so can't really comment.

JK will play Duff either LW or up front probably but i certainly woulden't

Carr & Babayaro would kill us more.

Its that kind of logic I cannot argue with..

:D

They are due a bad result, they carnt keep being lucky every match. Likewise we are due some luck, and a good result.

Reina - 50/50 with Given

Benayoun - Useless.

That leaves the diver, Alonso, that masherno who wasnt good enough for west ham, agger, and carragher.

Take the diver and torres (who is injured and over rated) out of there team, and there isnt much diffrence between us and them

2-1 to us ill go for.

You've pulled sarcasm off much better than most on here.

Has to be sarcasm like, there's no way in hell Reina's as good as Given!

Reina - 50/50 with Given

Benayoun - Useless.

2-1 to us ill go for.

You've actually managed to display the biggest lack of logic in argument in many a year. Congrats.

Guest Jawesome

Reina - 50/50 with Given

Benayoun - Useless.

2-1 to us ill go for.

[move]FUCKING HELL![/move]

Newcastle (from): Given, Coloccini, Gutierrez, Butt, Guthrie, N'Zogbia, Duff, Owen, Harper, Taylor, Geremi, Edgar, Xisco, Carroll, Ameobi, LuaLua, Gonzalez.

Gonzalez.....crikey

He's supposed to be out until March.

Guest north shields lad

Reina - 50/50 with Given

Benayoun - Useless.

2-1 to us ill go for.

You've actually managed to display the biggest lack of logic in argument in many a year. Congrats.

explain, were talking about a team that have lost twice to spurs and drawn against west ham, hull, stoke, all at home. Im not ready to give up on newcastle.

Reina - 50/50 with Given

Benayoun - Useless.

2-1 to us ill go for.

explain, were talking about a team that have lost twice to spurs and drawn against west ham, hull, stoke, all at home. Im not ready to give up on newcastle.

If it was our first 11 I'd like our chances of maybe nicking a draw if we played well, but as it is I'm not sure we have 11 fully fit players.

Reina - 50/50 with Given

Benayoun - Useless.

2-1 to us ill go for.

If it was our first 11 I'd like our chances of maybe nicking a draw if we played well, but as it is I'm not sure we have 11 fully fit players.

Being an Everton fan I'm the first to question how the hell Liverpool are top, as they've played s**t in many games this year but got away with it.

I do however have to laugh at your logic.

Insua - never heard of him until 2 weeks ago. So therefore he MUST be rubbish.

Benayoun - useless. Aye, and N'Zogbia is immense? Get some reality.

Keane - not in front of Owen or Martins? Christ.

Riera - has actually played quite well from what I've seen. You wouldn't have him in the Newcastle XI?

Kuyt - although I don't rate him, why the passive "wouldn't get near our first 11" comment? Aye, because the squad is in tip top shape.

Also, remember this is coming from a long-term Liverpool hater, how is Torres overrated?

Reina - 50/50 with Given

Benayoun - Useless.

2-1 to us ill go for.

Completly agree, I mean they're only challenging for the title. We're better all over the park, Butt and Duff are perfect examples of players Liverpool need to sustain a title challenge.  The sooner people realise this the better, we're better than Liverpool and it's only down to luck that they're separated by twelve places in the league.

Unbelievable!

Reina - 50/50 with Given

Benayoun - Useless.

2-1 to us ill go for.

Reina - 50/50 with Given

Benayoun - Useless.

2-1 to us ill go for.

Completly agree, I mean they're only challenging for the title. We're better all over the park, Butt and Duff are perfect examples of players Liverpool need to sustain a title challenge.  The sooner people realise this the better, we're better than Liverpool and it's only down to luck that they're separated by twelve places in the league.

Unbelievable!

As clueless as his comments are, Liverpool aren't a million miles ahead of us imo. They have had a lot of games that they won by luck, late show of team spirit or other teams incompetencies/ referees.

Saying that, we probably won't win tomorrow purely due to lack of squad depth. However we will be fired up after Wigan and I'm feeling pretty positive.

Can't see us getting anything from this game, our injuries have simply reinforced that for me. 2-1 to them, or 2-0. Not the end of the world though as some people will probably make out after the match.

I hope Torres doesn't make it to the pitch in any capacity - his presence alone will give his team more enthusiasm and belief.