West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And I don't see where this "never did look good enough" crap is coming from either.

He looked our best player when Keegan gave him half an hour in the 5-1 loss to Man United. Won a corner, set up the goal from it, caused Rio a few problems.

Against Juventus in that friendly he was very good too, not to mention the friendly away at Hull when he also looked very good in the air.

He deserves a start against Liverpool in my opinion, unless Oba is fit of course.

And firetotheworks he was on the field for 25 minutes if you include stoppages.

I can't say I've ever seen anything from him to say that he is good enough to be a centre forward at the top level for Newcastle United.

Well you must have missed those three examples I've just given you then. :lol:

Wow, so he roughs a few people up, that doesn't indicate to me that he's worthy of a starting place. I prefer my centre forwards to carry some form of a goal threat.

Given his goalscoring record for the reserves, I imagine the potential to be a decent finisher is in there somewhere...

With his physique, as long he's not completely hopeless he'll probably be Premiership playable at some point in his career.

And I don't see where this "never did look good enough" crap is coming from either.

He looked our best player when Keegan gave him half an hour in the 5-1 loss to Man United. Won a corner, set up the goal from it, caused Rio a few problems.

Against Juventus in that friendly he was very good too, not to mention the friendly away at Hull when he also looked very good in the air.

He deserves a start against Liverpool in my opinion, unless Oba is fit of course.

I can't say I've ever seen anything from him to say that he is good enough to be a centre forward at the top level for Newcastle United.

Wow, so he roughs a few people up, that doesn't indicate to me that he's worthy of a starting place. I prefer my centre forwards to carry some form of a goal threat.

If you read what I've said above where I quoted Role Model, it might explain it better.

Just so your aware, I don't think he should be anywhere near the first team when we have all of our strikers fit.

Guest neesy111

If you read what I've said above where I quoted Role Model, it might explain it better.

Just so your aware, I don't think he should be anywhere near the first team when we have all of our strikers fit.

but he did do more than both of our "star strikers" today and carried more of threat

owen and viduka we're shocking today

He's been good for the reserves too. I don't think reserve and friendly appearances is indicative of too much in terms of being a first team quality player, but yes if he was decent enough today when he played then fair play to him, hopefully he'll keep that up and build on it. I still wouldn't give him a first team spot unless we're forced to.

We may well be forced to. Questions over the fitness of Owen, Ameobi, Viduka and Martins for the Liverpool game, leaving him and Xisco. Although I'd assume we'd have one of those four available at very very worst.

Yeah, I know - which is pleasing in terms of if we are forced into it, at least Carroll will be coming off the back of an apparently decent performance in the 20 minutes or so that he played in.

but he did do more than both of our "star strikers" today and carried more of threat

Yet they've consistently proven their abilities over the course of their career. Yet Carroll has looked out of his depth when wearing the shirt. But of course let's just forget that though eh?

Guest The German

Carroll's nowhere near good enough man  :lol:

But Players are Viduka, Butt or Cacapa are. Give players like Carroll a chance. They derserve it a lot more then overrated grandpas!

Guest neesy111

Yet they've consistently proven their abilities over the course of their career. Yet Carroll has looked out of his depth when wearing the shirt. But of course let's just forget that though eh?

owen and viduka we're shocking v spurs as well

ppl are just commenting on his performance for christ sake

viduka and owen made bramble look like john terry

but because they have been established strikers then it doesn't mean that they shouldn't be dropped

viduka is a joke tbh, hasn't remotely looked like scoring in the games he's played this season

Guest Heneage

Andy Carroll could not have pulled off Vidukas flick for Duff's goal against Spurs if he was given a week to plan it and a sign post. Until he starts using the physicality to some sort of advantage that allows him to score you might as well put the bloke from Durham in who's 7ft.

Guest The German

viduka and owen made bramble look like john terry

Again, what the fuck are you getting at mate?

Just that Carroll did brilliantly compared with Owen and Viduka

Guest The German

Kinnear

"Big Andy has changed the complexion of the game when he came on and did well to win the penalty which gave us that hope.

Guest The German

Kinnear

"Big Andy has changed the complexion of the game when he came on and did well to win the penalty which gave us that hope.

I bet you think he has a sexy body, mate?

Give me your MSN please... He's just a good player and very underrated in my eyes...

Kinnear

I bet you think he has a sexy body, mate?

Give me your MSN please... He's just a good player and very underrated in my eyes...

:lol: