West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I saw Carroll walking down Northumberland street with his lass. Was walking like he owned the place and had 1 of them stupid grey hats on

What, the N-Dubz hat? Or one of them beanies that people have hanging off the back of their heads? He was wearing the beanie when I saw him in Seashells chippy about 6 months ago. :lol:

I'm not sure really, i think it was one of those ones that is meant to hang off your head, but his hair is so long, it looked a bit tight on him  :lol:

I guess we'll get a good chance to make some sort of genuine verdict on Carroll at the weekend. It's make or break for him really, fantastic opportunity. If he doesn't get it right now, he may aswell say seeya later. He's had quite a bit of game-time in all fairness, started a couple and had several 20-45 minute stints, and he stinks imo. Was shit at Preston n'all, didn't take his chance there. Comes across as a bit of a twat but i think he'll know that he's got to make it count now if he's serious.

Not expecting much but i'll be pleased for him if he has a good game.

nah.. he's not that bad

puts himself about more than Viduka and seems better in the air than Ameobi

still he doesn't seem determined enough to become a good striker

He's got no goal instinct from what I've seen, much like Shola. Neither player shoots or heads enough in the penalty area which at the end of the day what they are supposed to be about.

Started well enough but there's no excuse for not hauling him off after an hour or so. When he's playing, we should be hoying crosses in left, right and centre too but we don't.

None of our players can properly cross the ball though (except old man Geremi who never plays anyway).

I thought he was alright for the first 25 mins, then after that, every pass and every attempt to control the ball was gash... Made ameobi look like pele.

Big strong lad but doesn-t know how to make it to his advantage?

Guest firetotheworks

I thought he was poor today but Im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Against Wigan he came on and got himself about. If we had played one of Shola or Viduka today and they did nothing then bringing him on might have worked well, but pretty soon on he seemed lethargic.

He always seems to have a look on his face which suggests 'I don't really belong here' - don't think the rest of the lads have really tried to integrate him into the team. If we played to his strengths maybe he'd have a chance, but with our record with youth players I doubt he'll make it. Still think he has the potential to become a decent footballer, although he may have to work his way back up from the lower divisions. Hope he proves me wrong mind.

started ok today....but overall im very disappointed with him....not good enough!

he and owen had a hard time (i know) ...our midfield is so awful it hurts! butt is a disgrace. Jonas is the only one creating...without being too dangerous!

sad that kinnear didnt trying someone else instead of caroll with 20-30 minutes left.....Without knowing who was on the bench...ranger / xisco???

He's not bad, not really ready for Premiership football though so he needs to spend a season on loan somewhere.

He didn't pull up any trees at a lower level either when he went out on loan. I just don't see him scoring goals.

Guest firetotheworks

Has Xisco even had any reserve time

None that I can think of atm.

I'd rather see Xisco ahead of Carroll at the moment, but if he's had no match time since coming back from whatever injury then its a bit pointless putting him straight back in the first team.

He's not bad, not really ready for Premiership football though so he needs to spend a season on loan somewhere.

He didn't pull up any trees at a lower level either when he went out on loan. I just don't see him scoring goals.

He's improved since then and looks too good for reserve level now.

He was pretty poor at PNE. He has been found out when he has came up against defenders that are as strong/er or as tall/er.