West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest optimistic nit

carroll is shite. i've not seen him show one ability that makes me think he can succeed in this level, and that for me is more importany than whether he hasn't had a bad game yet. he may have been average in a few games but he's not done anything to suggest he can lift his performance or that here is greater talent there. hopefully he proves me wrong though.

I haven't seen enough of andy carroll to make a judgement, although i will say so far in the brief substitute appearances i have seen him make (and to be fair i think that is only twice, once against man city and in another game last season) he hasn't impressed me.     

What really winds me up is the fact that we sign Xisco for however much it was and he know only seems to have gone to third in the pecking order behind Shola and Andy Carroll. Xisco didn't seem to impress in the games he has played either, he scored a lucky one off his knee on his debut and against blackburn he always seemed to be running around not really aware of where the ball was, however i would like to see him given a run, they must have seen something in him to sign him, just to see what he is capable of.

I agree.

About time Xisco was given a chance to lead the line.

The poor kids been frozen out through no fault of his own.

And of course totally out of match practice, it'd take months to find his feet.

He'll do a Chopra. He'll go to Ipswich and score 15-20 goals, numpties on here will whinge about why the hell did we let him go, he'll sign for a newly-promoted Premiership club and be found wanting, before ending up at someone like Carlisle or Hartlepool by the time he's 25.

Was it the first game of the season he scored 2? Jesus wept that was a prime example of kneejerk. Pretty sure the usual "better than Martins" grumbles popped up again.

What's wrong with Xisco like? Wasn't this guy supposed to be a pretty promising player in the Spanish league last season, and now he can't even get in the team ahead of Andy Carroll?

Regular at Depor and Spanish U21! So can't be that bad and with his physical attributes should easily adapt to Premiership style. If Joe doesn't like him why he's not available for reserves then? Training with 1st team alone won't develope him one bit...at this rate he's gonna be just another Marcelino & Luque type waste of money signing

Just wild speculation here, but perhaps JFK is more concerned with the prospect of relegation than giving someone elses inexperienced signing a chance in the EPL.

Just wild speculation here, but perhaps JFK is more concerned with the prospect of relegation than giving someone elses inexperienced signing a chance in the EPL.

Hmmm...and still going for every game with the likes of Butt, Viduka, Duff, Ameobi (Owen and Taylor in the current form goes into the same group unfortunately).

Guest The Libertine

in terms of experience, xisco is miles and miles ahead of carroll. i'd rather give him a chance than play ameobi or carroll.

xisco has more goals for us that alan smith. laugh or cry?

Carroll is still onboard the 'young enough to develop' bus.

Ameobi and Taylor got off at earlier stops.

You wouldn't think it mind with Taylor the way some people go on about him. They tend to ignore the fact he's played over 100 games for the first team and say he's still new to it all.

Guest The Libertine

You wouldn't think it mind with Taylor the way some people go on about him. They tend to ignore the fact he's played over 100 games for the first team and say he's still new to it all.

it speaks volumes about him that he's still called "inexperienced" after that many games. similar things were said about bramble.

it speaks volumes about him that he's still called "inexperienced" after that many games. similar things were said about bramble.

I have (in the past) given him the benefit of the doubt as he was young (for a premiership centre-half) then and playing alongside some of the gash we've had Boumsong/Bramble etc so it would have been a bit early to write him off then.

Was reading the write up in the Telegraph sport pages about the Liverpool game and Henry Winter got it spot on saying that that game showed that Taylor had not matured (or did he call him immature?). I think he was being kind to him tbh.

(Mind you, i've heard other journo's on sky sports news who do the half-seven paper review thing claim that Taylor is the best natural defender at the club - so there you go)

I have (in the past) given him the benefit of the doubt as he was young (for a premiership centre-half) then and playing alongside some of the gash we've had Boumsong/Bramble etc so it would have been a bit early to write him off then.

Was reading the write up in the Telegraph sport pages about the Liverpool game and Henry Winter got it spot on saying that that game showed that Taylor had not matured (or did he call him immature?). I think he was being kind to him tbh.

(Mind you, i've heard other journo's on sky sports news who do the half-seven paper review thing claim that Taylor is the best natural defender at the club - so there you go)

They're probably the ones who don't even watch us yet spout cliche after cliche.

They're probably the ones who don't even watch us yet spout cliche after cliche.

Wonder if there's an on-line football journalists cliche compendeum?

I saw Carroll walking down Northumberland street with his lass. Was walking like he owned the place and had 1 of them stupid grey hats on

What, the N-Dubz hat? Or one of them beanies that people have hanging off the back of their heads? He was wearing the beanie when I saw him in Seashells chippy about 6 months ago. :lol: