West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The key thing now is not to be as careless with Ranger. Should be loaned out to a championship/league 1 side where he will play regularly as soon as we are back in the prem (fingers ...).

Agree. I'd like to see the lad come on, and despite being in a lower league, he hasn't looked the part.

Promise, no doubt about it. But TBH every subsequent brief appearance shows less than the last outing.

And he wasn't delivering much to start with.

It would be a good idea to load him out, no doubt about it, and let him start finding the net and he may start coming on stronger.

Its certainly happened with Carroll and may well with Ranger too

ranger has to be loaned out...no doubt about that! We are going up (i said it) and ranger isn´t ready for the PL. He should stay in the Championship and play as a regluar next season...its very important he develops at the right level.

Guest toonlass

Here's an interesting question: if push came to shove and we had to get rid of either Taylor or Carroll, who would you keep?

Carroll.

Here's an interesting question: if push came to shove and we had to get rid of either Taylor or Carroll, who would you keep?

Carroll.

Young talented strikers don't come cheap and, based on what i've seen of him recently, I think Carroll has the tools to perform in the prem.

Mike Williamson looks like he could step up to the premiership and Kadar is improving all the time so we'd probably be OK without Taylor IMO.

Taylor, easily. Has proven he is a decent Premier league level defender. Still think Carroll will struggle in the prem.

Guest KevinKeegan

Taylor, easily. Has proven he is a decent Premier league level defender.

Taylor is decent Premier league level defender so rather will sell him than Carroll.

Andy has potential to be good premier league striker.

Taylor, easily. Has proven he is a decent Premier league level defender.

Taylor is decent Premier league level defender so rather will sell him than Carroll.

Andy has potential to be good premier league striker.

Agree. Taylor's absence has not really been felt with the others stepping up. And its always easier to buy a decent replacement for Taylor whilst good strikers are not cheap and Carroll's type are rarer.

Taylor is a proven premiership player, whereas Carroll is not. However, Taylor's transfer fee would command more because of that. It all depends on whose fault this incident is, if it were that one needed getting rid of. If Taylor had done nothing wrong, and we chucked him out on account of it to appease Carroll, that would be a recipe for disaster.

Fwiw, I don't think Taylor has made much progress in the past 3 years. :undecided:

i thought he looked decent at right back last season and was a decent premiership centre half. too good for the championship and not good enough for the national squad.

clearly have to take this with a pinch of salt like, but thought id share an email i had just received.

Just spoke to my fooball agent mate who knocks about with Smith and Nolan.....Taylor was texting Carrols lass who has Andy's bairn, while the Toon were at Swansea and he was in Newcastle, asking her to come round...Taylor used to sh * g her before carroll. Taylor is despised at the club by all, very arrogant and done his best to move to Everton last summer which pissed the lads off. His Fatha, has gone to the press and spinning loads of ****e on the back of Carrolls bother in the Bigg market....Here's the depth of feeling in the squad....Harper, Nolan, Smudge, Butt and Shola all went in and told Hughton yesterday to sell Taylor because of his selfish attitude. Carroll is apparantly thick as mince but a good honest lad and easily wound up.. They were in the treatment room after training when Carroll went up to Taylor and said 'One chance to admit it as i've seen the texts' and Taylor just laughed at him and went to walk away and Carroll dropped him. Good on the kid I say...The problem now is taylor and his Fatha are spinning this to the press behind the clubs back.....Just logged in to Lee Ryders blog on the chronical following the game and he says Jonas, Nolan and Butt all gave Carroll a big hug before kick off.

clearly have to take this with a pinch of salt like, but thought id share an email i had just received.

Just spoke to my fooball agent mate who knocks about with Smith and Nolan.....Taylor was texting Carrols lass who has Andy's bairn, while the Toon were at Swansea and he was in Newcastle, asking her to come round...Taylor used to sh * g her before carroll. Taylor is despised at the club by all, very arrogant and done his best to move to Everton last summer which pissed the lads off. His Fatha, has gone to the press and spinning loads of ****e on the back of Carrolls bother in the Bigg market....Here's the depth of feeling in the squad....Harper, Nolan, Smudge, Butt and Shola all went in and told Hughton yesterday to sell Taylor because of his selfish attitude. Carroll is apparantly thick as mince but a good honest lad and easily wound up.. They were in the treatment room after training when Carroll went up to Taylor and said 'One chance to admit it as i've seen the texts' and Taylor just laughed at him and went to walk away and Carroll dropped him. Good on the kid I say...The problem now is taylor and his Fatha are spinning this to the press behind the clubs back.....Just logged in to Lee Ryders blog on the chronical following the game and he says Jonas, Nolan and Butt all gave Carroll a big hug before kick off.

best get rid of carroll for a fee if he's going to continue belting anyone he thinks is a twat.

best get rid of carroll for a fee if he's going to continue belting anyone he thinks is a t***.

thoguht the comments about Taylor were interesting though. Again though, dont know how reliable it is.

best get rid of carroll for a fee if he's going to continue belting anyone he thinks is a t***.

thoguht the comments about Taylor were interesting though. Again though, dont know how reliable it is.

interesting that of the 5 players who allegedly wanted taylor sold , i'd only expect 2 to be here come september (only one-harper- prefereably)

interesting that of the 5 players who allegedly wanted taylor sold , i'd only expect 2 to be here come september (only one-harper- prefereably)

Interesting? Nah. With no actual facts, its like getting upset over some fannys family problems in an episode of eastenders.

well four of those 5 are apparentlty the leaders of the dressing room, i suppose shola would be too as he's the 2nd longest at the club, if that is true then perhaps its how the rest of the players felt, after all for someone who broke a teammates jaw carroll wasnt exactly hated by the rest on the pitch was he?

well four of those 5 are apparentlty the leaders of the dressing room, i suppose shola would be too as he's the 2nd longest at the club, if that is true then perhaps its how the rest of the players felt, after all for someone who broke a teammates jaw carroll wasnt exactly hated by the rest on the pitch was he?

it rarely happens. even players who were hated by others still had their goals celebrated.

Guest neesy111

taylor was our best player end of last season, look our best threat at times

this season has looked decent, but hasn't had to be tested as often, thought he would of scored more goals, but hasn't really played rb

i agree with ronaldo, that we should put him rb next season

Just goes to show how quickly people right out our young kids.  He was performing reasonable well as a solo striker - in and out of the squad - but not regulary amongst the goals and people threw their dolls out of the pram saying he would 'never make it' and wanted him traded for Jermaine Beckford plus cash.  Unreal.

Agreed. Just imagine if he'd been given a chance last season instead of Michael Superstar Owen a couple of goals from our own local hero might have kept us up.

Good post - as per usual.

He's got no goal instinct from what I've seen, much like Shola. Neither player shoots or heads enough in the penalty area which at the end of the day what they are supposed to be about.

:buck2: