West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You would think Andy Carroll is a kitten rapist.

What he has got up to so far is nothing even compared to the likes of Terry, Rooney and Ashley Cole, so to be arguing he isn't setting an example is total nonsense.

He's been involved in a couple of minor scuffles because he's a young lad who has risen quickly to fame and fortune. That's pretty much it IMO.

Guest firetotheworks

The thing I find most amazing is that just under a year ago, most people on here (myself included) thought he should be dropped, because his form was poor and he wasn't scoring. A matter of weeks later and he was on fire, a matter of months later and we were all a bit sceptical that he could be our main striker in the PL, and that we needed to buy another striker (I still think we do btw). Since then he's went on to boss pretty much every defender he's went up against, bag six goals and get an England call up. And the mad thing is, in less than a year he's improved so much that absolutely no one can say he doesn't deserve it. I don't think I've ever seen a player improve so much, and so quickly.

The thing I find most amazing is that just under a year ago, most people on here (myself included) thought he should be dropped, because his form was poor and he wasn't scoring. A matter of weeks later and he was on fire, a matter of months later and we were all a bit sceptical that he could be our main striker in the PL, and that we needed to buy another striker (I still think we do btw). Since then he's went on to boss pretty much every defender he's went up against, bag six goals and get an England call up. And the mad thing is, in less than a year he's improved so much that absolutely no one can say he doesn't deserve it. I don't think I've ever seen a player improve so much, and so quickly.

C.Ronaldo?

Getting a bit worried by all this England talk. The attention England players get in the media, and the way they try and destroy England is a disgrace. Plus the risk of injury. Hope the people who are delighted he might be getting an England call-up arnt the same fans who wanted us to play a shite team in the cup.

Getting a bit worried by all this England talk. The attention England players get in the media, and the way they try and destroy England is a disgrace. Plus the risk of injury. Hope the people who are delighted he might be getting an England call-up arnt the same fans who wanted us to play a shite team in the cup.

Don't think that's a contradiction at all. I'm happy for Carroll to get a call-up because it's a big achievement for him... I understand the risk of injury.

Good point. Never seen a player progress as quickly in my life. I remember when he was first breaking into the first team and coming of the bench. Clearly remember saying to my mate that he'd never make it and would be playing League One football in a few years time.

At the start of this season I still had my doubts and have got a bet with my brother where I have to give him a quid for every goal he scores past the 10 mark. Mind you if I'm £15 down at the end of the season I'll be over the moon.

Ian W. Would you rather him risk injury in the League Cup or for England? If someone wants to protect our players and not play them in cups, I don't understand why they would want them to player internationals.

Ian W. Would you rather him risk injury in the League Cup or for England? If someone wants to protect our players and not play them in cups, I don't understand why they would want them to player internationals.

Well I don't want him to get injured obviously, I would rather we played our strongest team in the cups and tried to win them.

But I don't think I have to choose - I understand there's a risk of him getting injured playing for England, but IMO it's great to see him do it. The risk is unavoidable and acceptable.

Guest firetotheworks

Plus, wankers like Fat Frank having a word in the ear.

Wtf!? If there's one player in the England squad who doesn't come across like a wanker, it's Frank Lampard.