West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

Frank Lampard! Are you serious!??

Yes, completely.

Cole - cunt

Terry - cunt

Gerrard - cunt

Rooney - cunt

Rio - a bit of a cunt

Barry - cunt

Guest palnese

Plus, wankers like Fat Frank having a word in the ear.

Wtf!? If there's one player in the England squad who doesn't come across like a wanker, it's Frank Lampard.

Cheated on his wife though?

Guest firetotheworks

Plus, wankers like Fat Frank having a word in the ear.

Wtf!? If there's one player in the England squad who doesn't come across like a w*****, it's Frank Lampard.

Cheated on his wife though?

...and? How many people have done that? It doesn't mean it's right, but it happens, footballers aren't immune to it. On the other hand John Terry cheats on his wife with his best friend and team mates girlfriend. Steven Gerrard smacks someone in a bar, Ashley Cole cheats on his wife, and is a greedy bastard, Rio Ferdinand misses drugs tests, Wayne Rooney cheats on his pregnant wife with prostitutes, and Andy Carroll himself has obviously had his daft moments. And Frank Lampard's the wanker? Christ Almighty.

To be fair, I was more talking about Lampard having a word in his ear, telling him Chelsea is the place to be etc. My worry wasn't thinking about Rooney whisking Andy away to Soho for some prossy, or John Terry introducing him to his dad to sell him some coke.

To be fair, I was more talking about Lampard having a word in his ear, telling him Chelsea is the place to be etc.

Maybe Andy Carroll can tell some of the England players they should come play at Newcastle... ;)

tried to have a discussion with a mackem on Saturday night about Andy Carroll.  Admittedly he was bias as fuck against 'wor Andy' but the point I tried to put across was about Carroll in relation to 'the Crouch option'.  Crouch is forever spoken about as 'giving us [England] something different' and/or 'providing an alternative'.

So, says I, 4 England strikers for a squad, 'Rooney, Defoe, Crouch, Bent, yes?'  'Yes' replies mackem.  'OK' I continue, 'but what if Crouch is unavailable for selection?  Who is picked instead?'  With Bent already picked, mackem begins to fumble around for answers.  'Do you agree we'd still need the 'alternative option' Crouch provides?' I ask.  'Yeah' replies mackem, while trying to swallow a mouthful of cheesy chips.  'OK, so who?' I ask again.  'Whey....Kevin Davies probably' he answers.  'At 33' I ask, 'he is our answer, the future?'  'Well for the time being' I'm told.  'But what about 2012?  He'll be 35 or so, and 37 for 2014 in Brazll'.  I'm put in my place by mackem, 'we'll sort that when the time comes.  Whoever it is, it shouldn't be Carroll!'.

I wasn't implying pick Carroll now, but I think its only a matter of time.  There's not a great deal of excellent English striking talent about, and for as long as we use Crouch as an example of 'offering something different' with his height, it will only take an injury to him for Carroll to be selected, if he isn't on Saturday night.

tried to have a discussion with a mackem on Saturday night about Andy Carroll.  Admittedly he was bias as fuck against 'wor Andy' but the point I tried to put across was about Carroll in relation to 'the Crouch option'.  Crouch is forever spoken about as 'giving us [England] something different' and/or 'providing an alternative'.

So, says I, 4 England strikers for a squad, 'Rooney, Defoe, Crouch, Bent, yes?'  'Yes' replies mackem.  'OK' I continue, 'but what if Crouch is unavailable for selection?  Who is picked instead?'  With Bent already picked, mackem begins to fumble around for answers.  'Do you agree we'd still need the 'alternative option' Crouch provides?' I ask.  'Yeah' replies mackem, while trying to swallow a mouthful of cheesy chips.  'OK, so who?' I ask again.  'Whey....Kevin Davies probably' he answers.  'At 33' I ask, 'he is our answer, the future?'  'Well for the time being' I'm told.  'But what about 2012?  He'll be 35 or so, and 37 for 2014 in Brazll'.  I'm put in my place by mackem, 'we'll sort that when the time comes.  Whoever it is, it shouldn't be Carroll!'.

I wasn't implying pick Carroll now, but I think its only a matter of time.  There's not a great deal of excellent English striking talent about, and for as long as we use Crouch as an example of 'offering something different' with his height, it will only take an injury to him for Carroll to be selected, if he isn't on Saturday night.

Carroll is a better option that Crouch because he's is actually good in the air. Crouch shrinks about two foot when required to jump for a header.

Not that you'll get a Tackem to admit that mind.

tried to have a discussion with a mackem on Saturday night about Andy Carroll.  Admittedly he was bias as f*** against 'wor Andy' but the point I tried to put across was about Carroll in relation to 'the Crouch option'.  Crouch is forever spoken about as 'giving us [England] something different' and/or 'providing an alternative'.

So, says I, 4 England strikers for a squad, 'Rooney, Defoe, Crouch, Bent, yes?'  'Yes' replies mackem.  'OK' I continue, 'but what if Crouch is unavailable for selection?  Who is picked instead?'  With Bent already picked, mackem begins to fumble around for answers.  'Do you agree we'd still need the 'alternative option' Crouch provides?' I ask.  'Yeah' replies mackem, while trying to swallow a mouthful of cheesy chips.  'OK, so who?' I ask again.  'Whey....Kevin Davies probably' he answers.  'At 33' I ask, 'he is our answer, the future?'  'Well for the time being' I'm told.  'But what about 2012?  He'll be 35 or so, and 37 for 2014 in Brazll'.  I'm put in my place by mackem, 'we'll sort that when the time comes.  Whoever it is, it shouldn't be CarrollPlay for the mags!'.

What he meant  :facepalm:

Guest Kenton Magpie

As good as Carroll has been for us this year I reckon a England call so soon will go to the lads head and with that will come a number of issues on and off the pitch

As good as Carroll has been for us this year I reckon a England call so soon will go to the lads head and with that will come a number of issues on and off the pitch

I agree. I think his act needs to mature on the pitch as well. He can be a bit naive in his decision-making and still has a bit to learn.

But he has the talent to be an international player. Obviously.