West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Discuss......James Lawton...

"one old striker of the highest quality yesterday had a ready solution for Hughton. It was to take what he could of the extraordinary vitality of the young giant on the field - right up to the January transfer window. Then sell him off for a cool £30M or so before getting on with the building of a superior spirit at Newcastle and await his own best opportunities, in the form of a perversely delayed contract offer from the club he has served so well or inevitable overtures from elsewhere".

!It seems obvious to me," said the old pro," that Carroll needs to be taken out of Newcastle, away from a locality and acquaintances that have taught him the way he is apparently currently living. He needs a new big club in a big city. He needs that kind of shake-up and if he doesn't get it I can see a lot of tears"

I hope Cashley doesn't see the £30Milllion remark and has Lawton not seen what going to a so called big club did for Rooney ? By staying at the Toon, there's far less temptation  for Carroll. I just hope the "old striker" wasn't Shearer, cos I 'm relying on his and Hughtons influence to manage Carrolls development and many  future years at Newcastle.

Don't think I've ever known a young NUFC player (or any NUFC player really) be the subject of so much hype.

gazza and before him waddle and beardsley (for us older folk)

Aye I was thinking Gazza would be the last but before my time.

Don't think I've ever known a young NUFC player (or any NUFC player really) be the subject of so much hype.

gazza and before him waddle and beardsley (for us older folk)

Aye I was thinking Gazza would be the last but before my time.

theres been one or two talked about, as cajun says, jenas, even taylor and shola, but to a much lesser degree.

He was pretty hyped, won a pfa young player of the year award beating john Terry and (I think) John o'shea and as said was touted as a future England captain and linked to arsenal as a replacement for Viera.

All shit in the end but hyped all the same.

Joey Barton's thinly veiled "pick me" plea:

"What do England want to do? Do they want to win football matches or do they want to attract sponsors and earn a lot of money? What has happened off the field gives them every opportunity not to pick [Carroll]. But if you want to win football matches then sometimes you have to pick players who don't always toe the line.

"Every other national team picks [players] because they are the best in their position. That's what you have to do if you want to go and win a World Cup. The frustrating thing for me is we pick the good guys, the guys who won't cause any problems. Hopefully England will stop worrying about what the sponsors are going to say and that 'goody two-shoes' is the right image for Team England. They need to start picking players to win football matches. Hopefully people will judge Andy purely on his football ability and pick him. The worst thing he [Capello] can do is try him. He can't be any worse than what's gone before."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/08/joey-barton-fabio-capello-andy-carroll

Capello should call up Barton, Carroll, Dyer, Bowyer and Jermaine Pennant to play France and have Bob Marley-Bad Boys played over the loud speakers as the teams walk out. Whatchu gonna do when they come for you?