West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest NQsDiscoPants

Seeing as my post said that he had scored the most PL goals, wtf have int goals got to do with the price of eggs?

just ignore the mackem FFS

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,73911.0.html

For a number of years now we've wanted to have an option for users to ignore others should they want to. It's never been possible because the modification didn't work with our outdated forum software.

As a result of kind help from a couple of forum dwellers recently, we are now up to date and we've at long last been able to install a compatible modification.

To ignore a user, simply go into your account via 'View Profile', choose 'Personal Message Options' on the left and add or remove usernames in the Ignorelist box as you wish. You can use the 'Find Members' feature if you're unsure on spelling etc. Hit the 'Change profile' button to save.

From then on you will still see the ignored user's avatar etc but the post will be hidden from view. A link is given to show the post if you decide you want to see it. Note that adding people to this list will also prevent them from sending PMs to you (this new modification works on the back of that existing feature).

Hope some of you find this useful. Cheers.

PS: Adding NQsDiscoPants is a good place to start.

Seeing as my post said that he had scored the most PL goals, wtf have int goals got to do with the price of eggs?

you actually said: "he has scored more goals than any other PL player over the past half-decade."

not: "has scored more PL goals than any other player over the past half decade"

Sunderland have out:

D Welbeck

D Meyler

L Cattermole

M Turner

F Campbell

Newcastle have out:

D Gosling

S Taylor

A Smith

A Carroll

R Taylor

H Ben Arfa

Now I know you're a Mackem and basic maths is hard for you but 6 is more than 5!

Having just got Mensah, Onuoha etc back this week .

Are you seriously sugesting that Alan Smith, Ryan Taylor and Dan Gosling being injured has made any difference to you whatsoever?

Every one of the Sunderland players listed would have played a major part this season.

Grow up.

Did you get hit on the head by one of the missiles your fans bring into the Stadium of Light for throwing at people, or have you always been daft ?

The Mackem is talkin some sense, tbh. £30m is an insane amount of money, man.

Come back and talk in the summer if any club is prepared to bid over £35m because that is seriously a rebuild-your-team money. We could get a decent RM, CM and a couple of strikers for that kind of money. No one player in that group would obviously be worth more than £8-10m, but I think we'd be able to challenge for the top 6 if that kind of money is spent wisely (yes it's a big if).

I'd still rather we didn't sell. Yes £30+ mil is a staggering amount, but what we have in Andy Carroll is absolutely priceless. A local kid with the world at his feet, who doesn't want to play for anyone else. This happens maybe once in a generation, if you're lucky.

The local kid stuff is irrelevant. I'd rather we didn't sell if we were assured of funds being made available in the summer, but that's obviously not the case. Over £35m and come back to talk in the summer. We start talking to 3-4 players that would completely change the face of the team (right winger, box-to-box CM, pacy striker, another striker) now and conclude business in the summer. There is still a lot of good players to be had at the £8-10m range.

Guest NQsDiscoPants

Aye, rightyo.

who the f*** do you have better than those two like?

Aye, rightyo.

On what basis can you claim that Carroll or Ben Arfa are a class above anyone?

One of them has had six good months and the other has scored one good goal.

You're living in a dreamworld mate. How many goals do you think Caroll might have scored if he was playing for a team who weren't so reliant on set pieces?

When either of them has done it at the top level for a couple of years, then you can start to spout off about them.

Guest neesy111

The Mackem is talkin some sense, tbh. £30m is an insane amount of money, man.

Come back and talk in the summer if any club is prepared to bid over £35m because that is seriously a rebuild-your-team money. We could get a decent RM, CM and a couple of strikers for that kind of money. No one player in that group would obviously be worth more than £8-10m, but I think we'd be able to challenge for the top 6 if that kind of money is spent wisely (yes it's a big if).

I'd still rather we didn't sell. Yes £30+ mil is a staggering amount, but what we have in Andy Carroll is absolutely priceless. A local kid with the world at his feet, who doesn't want to play for anyone else. This happens maybe once in a generation, if you're lucky.

The local kid stuff is irrelevant. I'd rather we didn't sell if we were assured of funds being made available in the summer, but that's obviously not the case. Over £35m and come back to talk in the summer. We start talking to 3-4 players that would completely change the face of the team (right winger, box-to-box CM, pacy striker, another striker) now and conclude business in the summer. There is still a lot of good players to be had at the £8-10m range.

:no:

Guest NQsDiscoPants

Aye, rightyo.

Aye, rightyo.

You're living in a dreamworld mate. How many goals do you think Caroll might have scored if he was playing for a team who weren't so reliant on set pieces?

When either of them has done it at the top level for a couple of years, then you can start to spout off about them.

So anything Ben Arfa did before he signed for Newcastle doesn't count?

As I've already said, you are an idiot.

Like what? Just curious....

Aye, rightyo.

Aye, rightyo.

So anything Ben Arfa did before he signed for Newcastle doesn't count?

As I've already said, you are an idiot.

yes lets ignore the 4 league titles he has won in france

Of course it would be fucking unambitious. We're supposedly trying to join the big clubs not fucking feed them. They want Carroll and are willing to pay shitloads for him. Think about it.

What about Man Utd selling Ronaldo?

We're not on the same level as those clubs financially. You can take a step backwards but take two steps forward by spending the money well. It's impossible to jump from newly promoted club to challenging for Europe unless you spend money, which we don't seem so willing to do. Sometimes a player can be replaced if a team offers 'too much' money for him.

I don't think Carroll is irreplaceable. Yes, in terms of the way he plays then I don't think we could get a replacement, per se, but we don't have the play the way we do. It's quite possible to change the way we play by buying new players who'd fit in better in the new system.