West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest NQsDiscoPants

Hark at the jealous Mackem, man. Probably even more pissed off because they aren't getting a mention on transfer day.

That's because we've done good business already. We have a stronger squad now than we did three weeks ago and have even more wedge in the bank to be thrown around in the summer.

£30m for someone with less than 20 PL goals ffs. The world's gone mad.

Em, who's going to be scoring goals for you? You haven't replaced Bent yet.

The same people who've been scoring goals for us for the past four and a half months, seeing as Bent scored twice for us during that period.

I'd imagine the two new lads will chip in with a couple each over the course of the season as well ahead of a Bent's replacement being brought in over the summer. Might even see a short term option brought in to cover for Gyan before the end of the season.

Hark at the jealous Mackem, man. Probably even more pissed off because they aren't getting a mention on transfer day.

The same people who've been scoring goals for us for the past four and a half months, seeing as Bent scored twice for us during that period.

I'd imagine the two new lads will chip in with a couple each over the course of the season as well ahead of a Bent's replacement being brought in over the summer. Might even see a short term option brought in to cover for Gyan before the end of the season.

That's because we've done good business already. We have a stronger squad now than we did three weeks ago and have even more wedge in the bank to be thrown around in the summer.

NQDp your  getting too excited messing your posts up while watching Sky Sports Knews

If Newcastle turn down 30m for Andy Carroll they're absolutely mental. That's an outrageous offer for someone who has only had a good six months in the Premiership.

quoted for being able to provide an objective assessment. My only problem now is that it is too late to find a replacement, so on that account we should hold on.

If Newcastle turn down 30m for Andy Carroll they're absolutely mental. That's an outrageous offer for someone who has only had a good six months in the Premiership.

quoted for being able to provide an objective assessment. My only problem now is that it is too late to find a replacement, so on that account we should hold on.

if he is to be sold, we will probably get the same amount in the summer anyway. I'd rather keep him no matter what money clubs bid for him.

And look at it on the otherside, we have a striker now thats worth more then 30 mil and other teams sniffing round.

i think retaining the asset is far better.

Assets can depreciate as well as appreciate - he would need to come back fit and continue to score goals or his price will plummet. There's no guarantee he'll do that - teams will inevitably start to come to terms with him (like they tend to do with all players) so he'll find it increasingly difficult. This time last year Bobby Zamora was the next big thing....

You could buy half a dozen good players with £30m. Like I said, if they've turned that down they are absolutely mental. Incompetent.

Bitter nonsense.

Care to explain how that's nonsense? Or indeed why I'm bitter given how swimmingly things are going at the club I support at the moment?

If you think £30m isn't a hugely inflated price for an INJURED player with limited Premier League pedigree and considerable off the field problems it's you who is talking nonsense.

He's scored 11 goals ffs and a good number of those are from set-pieces. I very much doubt anyone will ever offer anything like that for him again.

I joined this board to join in the banter and have a bit of debate, not wind people up. Anyone with half a brain can see that Liverpool have hugely over valued him if the offer that's rumoured to have been made has in fact been made.

You monkeys got any pitch invasions/opposition player attacks planned at the Stadium of Light in the near future ?

Got to be more interesting for you than speculation about a Newcastle player's future.

There's a meeting of the official SAFC Supporters Pitch Invasion and Player Assaulting Planning Group on Thursday, I'll let you know on Friday if anything is decided.

Until then you could occupy yourself practicing some knew and more interesting patter, because at the moment you're both tedious and repetitive.

...and hitting a raw nerve by the look of it. Good.

You come across as one of those superior macums - possibly a north of the Tyne one ??

Saint Niall still turning a blind eye to your stadium's crowd control problems is he ? Dunno how the FA let him get away with it.

Guest NQsDiscoPants

NQDp your  getting too excited messing your posts up while watching Sky Sports Knews

Indeed. Tactical edit.

It's less about the amount of money and more about the message that it sends, both to the supporters and to the player himself.  To the supporters, it says quite clearly that the policy of bringing homegrown talent through and utilizing them as long as they want to play for the club is sacred.  Carroll is irreplaceable not so much because he's a brilliant striker (he has become one) but because he's a brilliant NEWCASTLE striker born and bred.  You can't replace that for any amount of money, so short of a positively ludicrously stupid offer like 50m or more, or the player agitating for a move - neither of which appears imminent - he's staying.  And to the player it shows that he is really wanted and we want him to at least attempt to achieve his ambitions here.

I love it.  This is not FM.  I have no confidence that excellent replacement players will necessarily be queuing up to join our newly-promoted team having just sold our best young asset, anyway.

Guest Stephen927

Mackem getting a lot of bites in this thread.

Carroll will still be a Newcastle player tomorrow. Beyond the summer, who knows.

Pards delayed his Presser

put back to 3:30 instead of 11'30

SSN - no idea why could mean anything

:lol:

I thought it was put back from 2:00.

Anyway, it could be to announce Ireland who has had a delay in his medical.

i think it was 2pm actually coz he later said it was delayed by 90mins

A hell of a lot of money is being bandied around and, objectively, Carrol is not worth that amount at this stage of his development.

However, Carroll is too important to this club to sell for even £40-50m. I know we have sold homegrown players before

Gazza, Beardsley, Waddle (and look where we ended up after that) but Carroll can be become a symbol of this club like Shearer.

If he continues to develop he could be a superstar and he will have a shirt hanging off the Angel of the North with his name on the back.

If he goes we will get maybe £20m to bring in a couple of replacement which may or may not fit into the side, the PL etc. We have had plenty of

big money disasters, enough to know that money alone does not guarantee an effective player.

If we take the cash, things will irrevocably change and although, evidently, every player has their price, we wil have lost something that money can't buy.

Sounds a bit dramatic but I will be crushed if we lose him now.

If this was just coming out of NUFC via David Craig, I would be sceptical but it looks like it is also coming form Liverpool.

I think it would be madness to sell - what would we replace him with?  Another Championship hopeful or someone from abroad who doesn't give a toss.  We've not been able to find a partner for Carroll as it is never mind a replacement plus most clubs are desperately looking for strikers with little success (another reason for the high price).  And we won't pay the wages for a proven striker.

Anyway, if we have a £30m striker on the books that has come through the Academy surely that raises the value of the club in terms of its assets.

And it won't be £30m in cash either - probably £10m downpayment with the rest over the duration of a contract and it will include performance related payments.

Once this window is over, I would like the club to offer Carroll a new contract to at least show their commitment to keeping him as he will now know that he will get the big money elsewhere so his agent will be looking for that from Newcastle.

David Craig gets his stuff straight from Llambias.

Look at the money you've spent on absolute shite since Quinn arrived. It must be hitting nearly £100million and you havent got anyone anywhere near the standard of Carroll, Tiote, Barton or Ben Arfa. Money isnt everything, having the players at your club is.